• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

deanote666

I focused on points more than resource drops. I had 4 point CE and 1 drop CE. Tried to have a MLB point CE on friend servants. Used all bonus servants.

Finished the store and points at almost the same time.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I think I need 50k more points. Can finish that up tomorrow.

I grailed my Dantes up to level 100 so he is wrecking things.

deanote666

I still need to the last batch of rank up but am awaiting for the AP reduction now.

Shouldn't have a problem getting to the 80+ competed reward. :)

I'm more worried about the banner.... Do I want to NP2 saber archer or not... Got Marie NP1 and Martha NP3 in the first year. Didn't pull on the rerun...

I was farming embers to get the last 2 summer 3 servants to max but will wait now for the AP reduction and Super/Great chance up.

Farming aurora steel now... It does not go well...

Pejo

Well I managed to grind out the rest of the event pretty much in the past 24 hours. I'm not going for the 1 million point rewards, I just cut it off at 500k for all 3 and all the Jalter copies/costumes/code things. I really enjoyed the little cutscenes about each doujin and the other generic stuff. I feel that one thing this game gets really right is fleshing out the characters. Each of them have personalities and most of them are more than just 1 dimensional "here's my thing and that's all you'll ever get from me". The only blatant bad examples of that are Edison/Tesla, whom I can't stand.

Glad for the 1/4 AP rank ups, I'm way behind on those and this will be a good chance to catch up and get some quartz.

Man I really like summer BB's 3rd ascension animations. It's a shame we don't get more fights with the "extra" classes so we can use those servants more often. I really enjoyed this event throwing all sorts of classes at us so I could blow the stink off of some of my alter egos and rulers. I know it would break the lore to have little Ruler class boars or Moon Cancer skeletons, but it'd still be nice to mix them in on the more lighthearted events.

Zambatoh

I finally managed to clear out the 3 doujin lists. That sure took awhile.
I suppose I could do that challenge quest now but...I don't feel like it.

Pejo

Man, it feels good to not have to grind anything for a few days at least. We've been getting hit with stuff pretty non-stop since the Anni. Time for me to start on Lostbelt, you need to clear LB2 before Halloween to be able to take part in the event, and I definitely want that Shuten Caster.

I ended up getting all 6 of the new summer servants, got NP5 MHXX before getting a single copy of BB, but it wasn't too bad. Even managed to snag a second Dantes with the leftover quartz after summer servants, since J JORMBO kept talking him up.

I've been reading up on the shift that Caster Artoria has brought in JP. Essentially if you have a good arts multi-target Arts NP like high NP Astarte, you can do 3 round looping farming with 0 NP gauge CE's. So it essentially opens up 3 round event farming using 100% event CEs, which is insane. Also the only required servants are your NP spammer and 2 Artorias, so the rest is totally up to you. And she's even good (though not quite as good) with non-Arts servants. Shame it's boring ass Artoria instead of a new interesting servant, but definitely something to look forward to. Tamamo and Gil are probably crying in a corner somewhere.

*edit*

Here's a good video of what I mean.

Last edited:

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Damn, that's an old one. Depending on if they update the shop, I might skip it entirely. Still trying to finish up my interludes and rank ups, then power through lostbelt.

I might toss what little currency I have at the Waver banner. I can never seem to get him.

Pejo

I might toss what little currency I have at the Waver banner. I can never seem to get him.
I wish I had that problem. I'm up to NP7 (or 2 spirit origins) for him now. He won't leave me alone. That def down is pretty nice though for arts stall teams. Speeds it up quite a bit.

Rank-up quests are awful. They are boring, they have no story, you just kill a bunch of shit, and most of the time your reward is leveling up a skill on a 2* or 3* servant. Some of the ranked up skills or NP's on my 4* units are pretty nice though.

The only reason I'm doing this shit is right now it's 1/4 AP otherwise I absolutely would not bother for most of these servants. Also I haven't even leveled many servants up high enough to be able to start their quests and I don't really think it's worth it to do that, I'm perpetually short of embers as it is.

On the up side, so far I haven't had any issues just using my braindead Zerkalot + 2 Skadi farm team to clear the rank-up quests so they are going by fairly quickly.

Last edited:

Pejo

Rank-up quests are awful. They are boring, they have no story, you just kill a bunch of shit, and most of the time your reward is leveling up a skill on a 2* or 3* servant. Some of the ranked up skills or NP's on my 4* units are pretty nice though.

The only reason I'm doing this shit is right now it's 1/4 AP otherwise I absolutely would not bother for most of these servants. Also I haven't even leveled many servants up high enough to be able to start their quests and I don't really think it's worth it to do that, I'm perpetually short of embers as it is.

On the up side, so far I haven't had any issues just using my braindead Zerkalot + 2 Skadi farm team to clear the rank-up quests so they are going by fairly quickly.
Also the SQ from the rank ups are available permanently, looks like, so you don't have to worry about getting them all done now other than the 1/4 AP.

I really need to level and skill up my Skadi, she's still level 70 with 1/1/1. I may or may not have used all my rings to max ascend MHXX during the summer event...

>_> <_< >_>

deanote666

I'm up to 84 Rank Up quests completed. :)

Max leveled my new summer servants and ran out of servants to level up again. Filled my inventory up with as many embers as I could.

Back to farming aurora steel now.

NP3 Waver myself. Got my first on the first GSSR, the other 2 were spooks.

Going to wait until Iskandar is solo rate up to try for the new 4* saber unit. NP1 Iskandar right now but will probably stop when I get the 4*.

NP1 Iskandar damage is pretty low.

This is Iskandar's last rate up though...

Last edited:
Iskandar is an AoE Rider, he’s a farmer like Drake. If you need ST Rider damage, the welfare Rider Kintoki beats out most of the SSR ST Riders. Now that we also have Skadi, he’s broke as shit for difficult content. That was back when DW was giving out strong welfare Servants, they have since cut that back a bit and Ryouma is a noticeably weaker welfare than Kintoki is.

Last edited:

Pejo

Dropped a ticket on the new banner just to see if I could meme my way into a Deermud and ended up getting NP2 Jack. Weird, but I'll take it.

deanote666

I used my 11m campaign tickets and managed to get a Deermud. Got him level 80. Still debating if I want to try for NP2 Iskandar...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
This event seems really easy. Almost 30 missions done on a day and a half of regular AP. It last 2 weeks.

deanote666

One of the earlier events so probably why it's so easy.

About half way through the mission list.

Got another ticket from the mission list. Threw it at the 11m banner and got Archer saber to NP4! Got 2 from tickets! Threw a few more SQ at the banner (200+) and got her to NP5. NP5 caster Marie, NP5 ruler Martha.

Got Iskandar to NP2 and Derrmud to NP2. While trying for Iskandar, got Sanzang to NP6 and Francis Drake to NP2.

It's a rerun so of course it's easy. I'm probably just going to go through the story again and call it, I need to save energy for Gilfest which is right after this and it's a lotto event.

Pejo

Got Waver with 16 tickets. Now I just need Tamamo to complete the support casters set.
Honestly I haven't found Tamamo to be especially useful, even in Arts teams. My usual Arts stall team is arts damage dealer + Waver + Jeanne (ruler) or Medea Lily, depending if I need healing or invincible more often. To be fair, I haven't done any of the strengthen quests for Tamamo, not sure if we even have them yet. She looks a lot better after the NP upgrade and the 2 skill upgrades, especially the team NP gain one.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Honestly I haven't found Tamamo to be especially useful, even in Arts teams. My usual Arts stall team is arts damage dealer + Waver + Jeanne (ruler) or Medea Lily, depending if I need healing or invincible more often. To be fair, I haven't done any of the strengthen quests for Tamamo, not sure if we even have them yet. She looks a lot better after the NP upgrade and the 2 skill upgrades, especially the team NP gain one.

I don’t think I’d ever spend any currency on her. If I got her as a spook I wouldn’t be upset though.

deanote666

I've gotten Tamamo up to NP5 from spooks. Never used her once. NP5 Nightingale and Jean from spooks too.

I'm unable to get Raikou up to NP2 apparently... Got Shuten to NP7, Ozy to NP4, and my 18th kscope though...

MLB'd my 2nd Black Grail too...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I got enough fous to finish Musashi today. Lv100, 10/10/10, 2000/2000, NP4, bond 10. Now I just need one more copy to fully max her.

Last edited:

Pejo

I got enough fous to finish Musashi today. Lv100, 10/10/10, 2000/2000, NP4, bond 10. Now I just need one more copy to fully max her.
Damn, that's some dedication. I stlil haven't even max grailed a servant, much less gold fou'd them. What a beast vs. lancers.

I really need to sit down and think about my most used servants and start burning some fous and grails, I'm always almost out of space in servant inventory because I sit on fous/gold fous for so long, and my mailbox is about to start expiring them in a few weeks from shop purchases. The only two servants I even grailed so far were Cu (lancer) and Arash, and that was only to 90.

There are so many characters that I like, it's hard to pick one to max out. I guess if I had a favorite right now it'd be Okita Alter, but she's so hard to use in any meaningful content, or even in daily farming since ember stages always have a mix of knights/cavalry so she's never doing great damage. Any time I see mixed cavalry stages though, she's instantly on my team. I'm just going to type it out here to organize some thoughts about my possible grail projects:

Saber: Artoria Alter/Fran/Mordred. I like all 3 characters, but Alter and Mordred have a lot of overlap, and Artoria is better from a party cost viewpoint being a 4*. Fran is a lot of fun now that Skadi is around. She'd be perfect with one more Arts card and one less Buster to NP loop on bosses. Buff removal is great for bosses too.

Lancer: I really like Eresh's design and animations, but she's terrible. She has a buster kit and skills that look to be made for Buster stall teams, but that's just not a thing. Raikou is the easy choice here as she's a boss destroyer with double Merlin. She's my go to for all archer/berserker bosses currently with how strong her skills are. I also like Bradamante who will be coming out in a bit, but not sure how her kit is.

Archer: Gil is probably my most used non-Arash archer, he's just always a good fit. I am going to try to NP2 him at this upcoming Gil-fest. Otherwise, I like Tomoe and I really like Fujino, I wish I'd have gone for more NP levels for her. I have NP2 Squirtoria but I don't really arts stall that much.

Rider: I really like Drake (NP3), Squirtoria alter, and summer Mo, but I somehow got spooked by Ozzy and have him at NP3 so he deletes caster bosses. Probably a low priority class for grails for me just because I have strong servants with high NP levels.

Caster: No sense in grailing support casters unless you want the extra HP, so I guess it'd be Sanzang, but I won't grail her unless I manage to NP2 her at least. Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to caster Shuten coming up as our Halloween welfare.

Assassin: Likely my biggest target for grails just because I don't feel like I have a strong assassin, either ST or AoE. Even King Hassan doesn't feel particularly strong. I like a lot of assassin characters, but they all just feel weak, and I hate Arts NPs for this class. I also hate that by default if you're using Assassins vs. a Rider boss, your support casters are automatically liabilities. I did just get NP2 Jack though, so maybe her? We'll see. I also like Okada who I just NP5'd last night. He has higher than average NP damage, so I might get him to 70 and play around to see if I want to grail him. If only his NP gimmick wasn't insta-death. Nothing worth fighting is vulnerable to death, so it's such a wasted effect. Also, level for level I don't think he's beating the "Default" good Assassin, Shiki.

Zerkers: Either Cuzilla or Raikou, the rest of them either die too fast or are just used for farming waves, and those don't need grails. Catalante is a personal favorite, design wise. Maybe someday for her. Definitely gonna grail dino-waifu in a few years though.

Other: Okita Alter as mentioned above, Gorgon, maybe MHXX. It's hard to justify any of these characters given the infrequency that they're the best choice.

I guess after looking at that list, my order would be: Okita Alter > Fran (saber) > Raikou (lancer) > Jack > Raikou (berserker) > Cuzilla > Gorgon.

That should keep me busy for a while.

Last edited:
I've only ever max grailed Chloe.

I need so many embers, I'll need to dedicate my life to Gilfest for a few weeks just to feed all these damn mouths.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Damn, that's some dedication. I stlil haven't even max grailed a servant, much less gold fou'd them. What a beast vs. lancers.

I really need to sit down and think about my most used servants and start burning some fous and grails, I'm always almost out of space in servant inventory because I sit on fous/gold fous for so long, and my mailbox is about to start expiring them in a few weeks from shop purchases. The only two servants I even grailed so far were Cu (lancer) and Arash, and that was only to 90.

There are so many characters that I like, it's hard to pick one to max out. I guess if I had a favorite right now it'd be Okita Alter, but she's so hard to use in any meaningful content, or even in daily farming since ember stages always have a mix of knights/cavalry so she's never doing great damage. Any time I see mixed cavalry stages though, she's instantly on my team. I'm just going to type it out here to organize some thoughts about my possible grail projects:

Saber: Artoria Alter/Fran/Mordred. I like all 3 characters, but Alter and Mordred have a lot of overlap, and Artoria is better from a party cost viewpoint being a 4*. Fran is a lot of fun now that Skadi is around. She'd be perfect with one more Arts card and one less Buster to NP loop on bosses. Buff removal is great for bosses too.

Lancer: I really like Eresh's design and animations, but she's terrible. She has a buster kit and skills that look to be made for Buster stall teams, but that's just not a thing. Raikou is the easy choice here as she's a boss destroyer with double Merlin. She's my go to for all archer/berserker bosses currently with how strong her skills are. I also like Bradamante who will be coming out in a bit, but not sure how her kit is.

Archer: Gil is probably my most used non-Arash archer, he's just always a good fit. I am going to try to NP2 him at this upcoming Gil-fest. Otherwise, I like Tomoe and I really like Fujino, I wish I'd have gone for more NP levels for her. I have NP2 Squirtoria but I don't really arts stall that much.

Rider: I really like Drake (NP3), Squirtoria alter, and summer Mo, but I somehow got spooked by Ozzy and have him at NP3 so he deletes caster bosses. Probably a low priority class for grails for me just because I have strong servants with high NP levels.

Caster: No sense in grailing support casters unless you want the extra HP, so I guess it'd be Sanzang, but I won't grail her unless I manage to NP2 her at least. Otherwise, I'm really looking forward to caster Shuten coming up as our Halloween welfare.

Assassin: Likely my biggest target for grails just because I don't feel like I have a strong assassin, either ST or AoE. Even King Hassan doesn't feel particularly strong. I like a lot of assassin characters, but they all just feel weak, and I hate Arts NPs for this class. I also hate that by default if you're using Assassins vs. a Rider boss, your support casters are automatically liabilities. I did just get NP2 Jack though, so maybe her? We'll see. I also like Okada who I just NP5'd last night. He has higher than average NP damage, so I might get him to 70 and play around to see if I want to grail him. If only his NP gimmick wasn't insta-death. Nothing worth fighting is vulnerable to death, so it's such a wasted effect. Also, level for level I don't think he's beating the "Default" good Assassin, Shiki.

Zerkers: Either Cuzilla or Raikou, the rest of them either die too fast or are just used for farming waves, and those don't need grails. Catalante is a personal favorite, design wise. Maybe someday for her. Definitely gonna grail dino-waifu in a few years though.

Other: Okita Alter as mentioned above, Gorgon, maybe MHXX. It's hard to justify any of these characters given the infrequency that they're the best choice.

I guess after looking at that list, my order would be: Okita Alter > Fran (saber) > Raikou (lancer) > Jack > Raikou (berserker) > Cuzilla > Gorgon.

That should keep me busy for a while.

So far I have grailed:
Suzuka (90)
Musashi (100)
Tomoe (100)
Scathach (100)
Sheba (90)
Dantes (100)

Suzuka was my only Saber for a long time before I started getting tons of them. Dantes I am using all the time now. The rest were just characters I like. I have 3 grails left and am debating between Raikou or Carmilla next. I'm leaning towards Carmilla since assassin is my weakest class and I am not using Raikou as much as I used to.

Pejo

So far I have grailed:
Suzuka (90)
Musashi (100)
Tomoe (100)
Scathach (100)
Sheba (90)
Dantes (100)

Suzuka was my only Saber for a long time before I started getting tons of them. Dantes I am using all the time now. The rest were just characters I like. I have 3 grails left and am debating between Raikou or Carmilla next. I'm leaning towards Carmilla since assassin is my weakest class and I am not using Raikou as much as I used to.
Nice selection there. I really need to skill up both Skadi and Dantes to see how good he really is. I even NP2'd him at summer based on your hype then have just been letting him sit there.

Pejo

Finally, back to my good luck ways. 3 tickets and 90 quartz, my final roll got me this:

jAtQnfn.jpg

deanote666

I threw 210 SQ at the Gil banner and got 3 Rare prisms and 0 of the rate up servants.

Got a few event CE but none of the 5*.

Already got NP5 Midrash and NP2 Gil so I was pulling for event CE's primarily but still hurt.

deanote666

I threw another 120 SQ at Gil banner...

Got 3 Gil, 1 Midrash rare prism, 1 other sr rare prism, and only 1 3*, 1 4* CE...

So now I have NP5 Gil and no 5* CE! :messenger_neutral:

Pejo

Got 3 Gil, 1 Midrash rare prism, 1 other sr rare prism, and only 1 3*, 1 4* CE...

Damn, I pity saber servants going up against your team now. Congrats! That's super cheap quartz-wise for NP5 of a 5*.

So one side effect of me having awful luck at summer banners this year - I was able to MLB my 3rd Kaleidoscope. I can now 3 turn almost every stage regardless of setup using any mystic code. The only downside is that I can't run more than 3 event CEs (2 myself and 1 from support), but with how quick I clear stages now, who the hell cares. Feels pretty damn good. I can stop worrying about non MLBing event CEs again now too, and just max them whenever. Might actually dig in to some of my apple stash this time with how fast it is.

JORMBO

Darkness no more

I managed to get a 5 star CE from the 3 weekly quest SQ. Dropped around 200k in the FP pool and didn’t get a 3 star. CEs are stingy this event.

Pejo

I managed to get a 5 star CE from the 3 weekly quest SQ. Dropped around 200k in the FP pool and didn’t get a 3 star. CEs are stingy this event.
Did you get Angra Mainyu yet from FP? I rolled a ton for him when he first came out, figured I'd have at least a 2nd copy of him by now, but nothing. Then again, I usually forget to do daily FP summons.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Did you get Angra Mainyu yet from FP? I rolled a ton for him when he first came out, figured I'd have at least a 2nd copy of him by now, but nothing. Then again, I usually forget to do daily FP summons.

I have him at NP3 now.

deanote666

NP5, bond 10.

I roll FP usually trying for a 3* servant before rolling SQ.

Friend points are the only thing I spend rare prisms on. At 112 RP atm. Got several extra SSR copies I could sell at 5 RP each too.

up to 7 unregistered spirit origins...

Last edited:
My Shishou has been 10/10/10 for a long time now. She's still my go-to when an Archer needs to die. Just used her to solo Rice Boi this event, as a matter of fact.

I'm at 55 boxes and I'm going to take a break until the last round, which has the Aurora Steel I need to finish my Skadi's skills. This farming is really boring.

JORMBO

Darkness no more
I built up a huge stash of 6 SQ and did two single rolls. First roll Sheba and second roll Gil. Both NP2 now. I just wanted one three star CE to finish that part of the shop but I’ll take the servants instead. I think that leaves me saving for a New Years now.

Top Bottom