• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fate/Grand Order |OT2| That's Hell You're Walking Into

The challenge mission isn't bad at all, just use OG BB and a couple of Castorias. You might want to open with your best ST Assassin to burn the first bar down, then plugsuit BB in to take on the 2nd and 3rd bars to speed things up.

Pejo

Despite my procrastination and mad dash at the end of these events, I'm still enjoying this one. I'm not in ultra panic mode yet to be forced to story skip, but it's getting closer and closer. The mini-servants are great. I also like Ushivenger laughing as she ducks us and runs around the map. My goal is to get the welfare permanently unocked, but if I could get her to NP5, that'd be great. Pie-in-the-sky is to finish the event story, but we'll see how it goes.

I wish they wouldn't time-gate the events. I think subconsciously I always wait until the end so I know I won't be time gated to grind the story and then I just keep putting it off again and again until I run into the current situation.

Ah well, here goes nothing. I just finished the island part, looks like I have 3 map sections left to unlock and then probably a bunch of cleanup missions.

deanote666

Despite my procrastination and mad dash at the end of these events, I'm still enjoying this one. I'm not in ultra panic mode yet to be forced to story skip, but it's getting closer and closer. The mini-servants are great. I also like Ushivenger laughing as she ducks us and runs around the map. My goal is to get the welfare permanently unocked, but if I could get her to NP5, that'd be great. Pie-in-the-sky is to finish the event story, but we'll see how it goes.

I wish they wouldn't time-gate the events. I think subconsciously I always wait until the end so I know I won't be time gated to grind the story and then I just keep putting it off again and again until I run into the current situation.

Ah well, here goes nothing. I just finished the island part, looks like I have 3 map sections left to unlock and then probably a bunch of cleanup missions.
At the pace you go, you probably wouldn't feel the timegates. 😛

Can use a guide for enemy locators, etc. Bunch of defeat # of specific enemy missions.

You need to farm specific nodes so the timegates aren't really timegates if you need to farm what's available anyway.

v7cpvEX.jpg
CUz5GH5.jpg
The journey continues.

Zambatoh

Cleared the challenge quest. I'm surprised I didn't have to use command seals for this one.
This team comp was only meant to be a test run before I readjusted for a retry. But it ended up being slightly easier then I expected. It only took 25 turns.
I'm still not entirely sure what I did to counteract Ushi's shield. I just know it became less effective overtime as I punished her attempts to buff herself.
Her 2nd and 3rd phase as Kagekiyo didn't really change much from the 1st phase. She simply started stacking her buffs more often which eventually led to me having to stun / charm-lock her. She also had the nerve to give herself a guts buff on top of a triple-guts buff.

------------------------------------------------
Mystic Code: Chaldea Uniform - Arctic

BB w/ Magical Girl Sapphire - Deals damage while lowering debuff resistance. Also provides heals and debuff immunity for all the good that does.
Waver w/ K-scope - Provides some protection, battery, debuffs, and stun
Support Castoria w/ random CE - Provides battery and some protection, but one character will still die from Kage's NP which can remove buffs. I was just lucky she only targeted Waver and Castoria.
Kama w/ Traces of Christmas Past - Self guts, self battery and charm locking capability. Very useful during the last stretch of the fight.
Reines w/ K-scope - Provides some protection, battery, and debuffs, including lower crit rates.

MVP: Kama
b9494853d50c41330c3ff88bd9521b82.jpg

Pejo

Did 4 11 pulls.

Was expecting nothing and am still disappointed.

Got 1 copy of Nero (NP4) and kept 1 CE.
What were you even rolling for, Romulus NP levels?

I got him at one of the GSSRs, so this banner's a skip. I gotta save what I can for Caren in a week or so. I plan on trying some meme loop teams with her, so I need to get her to at least NP2. May desire sensor be kind to me for valentine's day...

deanote666

What were you even rolling for, Romulus NP levels?

I got him at one of the GSSRs, so this banner's a skip. I gotta save what I can for Caren in a week or so. I plan on trying some meme loop teams with her, so I need to get her to at least NP2. May desire sensor be kind to me for valentine's day...
Was hoping for a Romulus NP level to make him not suck as much. Still upset on how weak he is after his story related appearance.

Pejo

LB 7.2 spoilers, but too goddamn funny not to share everywhere.

SPOILER_329589041_634478122011230_8969238750414755893_n.jpg
I'm still fairly spoiler free on the main story beats for JP version, so I don't really get it, but I always appreciate MG:R memes.

Also, new JP servant. Finally a challenger to Bradamante appears:

legendary-battle-worthy-opponent.gif

deanote666

Reminder that command seals can be used in grail front so it's in your favor to spread them out.

Had Ozy solo round 2, Jack solo round 3. Space Ishtar and Ozy chased them around in round 4.

deanote666

gRWWxvL.jpg

Gil almost solo'd round 5. Used a couple seals though. Had to chase the master around though.

Used only gil and space ishtar round 5.

Zambatoh

For a couple of rounds now, I've been alternating between Herc, Kama, and Clytie.
Clytie, in particular, is capable of straight up disintegrating her competition with crits. Especially when flying solo.

MVP: Clytie
1aa7d5a7e47070010d561028dfecca47.jpg

deanote666

Last time i used herc, he ended up guarding master.

Guess i should look at clytie again...

Pejo Pejo the event isn't hard to learn, just the occasional wtf bs. Also, 7 summon tickets and a grail.

Last edited:

Zambatoh

Cleared the 7th round. This one was a little tricky, even with Herc on the field.
I ended up using Kama, Herc and Mash this time.
Mash mainly stayed behind to discourage the AI from any attempts to ambush me from the right. Kama traveled north and beat up the Rider and Saber. But quickly realized she wasn't going to stand much of a chance against Astrea, so I had her hang back.
Meanwhile Herc travelled down the middle and cleaved through the battlefield like a boss. I actually came pretty close to taking out two enemies at once in the same turn.
Eventually I had the choice of going unga-bunga on Caesar, but I settled on taking out Astrea instead because I didn't want her ambushing Herc or Kama from behind. And I didn't want to have to send Mash and Me in to give Caesar the business, if you know what I mean.

MVP of round 7: HERC!
9265f8e441a8da0cf9673dfcc69cddd0.jpg

Last edited:
Second time I've ever whaled (first was Jeanne Alter, but I only spent like $10 then. Didn't get her then but did on her rerun)

Started with 135 quartz and 19 tickets. Nada. I had about 12 quartz left, decided to spent $25 for quartz and did one more 11 roll.

Screenshot_20230213-021011.png

Knowing Caren, she probably only came due to me spending money lol.

Last edited:

deanote666

Daily quests that expire each day that give lots of event points.

Caren costume in the event.

Procrastinators have been warned.

deanote666

Grats on all of the Caren NP2's!

I was able to get Caren to NP2 as well... Took more than $25 though... Got lucky on a single roll for NP2.

Don't forget the shop CE boost the points from the daily missions that expire so you might want to grind a bit before doing today's.

Zambatoh

I threw a few rolls at it. I ended up with NP3 Astolfo, Nitocris, and Mary.
I also ended up with a bunch of the Semiramis CEs. Enough to limit break one with two spares. 1 of the 5* CE and a few of the 3* one.

I still have a little over 100 SQ left, but I'm quitting while I'm ahead. I still gotta save for Koyanskaya. But now it looks like I may just have to skip the Avalon banners.

deanote666

I still have a little over 100 SQ left, but I'm quitting while I'm ahead. I still gotta save for Koyanskaya. But now it looks like I may just have to skip the Avalon banners.
2HRTtXO.jpg

Finished grail front 7. Mostly with Ozy and Space Ishtar again with some light Gil. Enemy gave up. Their last servant was on the ropes and their master switched with it and put himself next to my servant.

Pejo

I have to say, I like Caren a lot as a character. I ran out of QP to max her skills to guarantee 3 round looping, but her skills are all useful, and her NP is fun. I love that she randomly turns into a Cherub sometimes. Her lines in the story are pretty good too. Pretty happy with her overall. Debating if I want to try to weasel another NP level or not...

We only have about a month until Galatea and then I'll be in save and scrunch mode until the 1-2 punch of Avalon banners and summer banners, which is going to be a painful stretch considering how many characters come out all in a row that I want.

Pejo

So I just did my first challenge quest yesterday. Is the best plan to just put as many MLB Kaleido servants with AoE NPs and try to kill as many as you can in 3 turns? I treated it as a normal NP looping setup, but I seem to have left room on the table for points since the rules seem different for how enemies spawn after the wave is clear and you can keep attacking.

deanote666

So I just did my first challenge quest yesterday. Is the best plan to just put as many MLB Kaleido servants with AoE NPs and try to kill as many as you can in 3 turns? I treated it as a normal NP looping setup, but I seem to have left room on the table for points since the rules seem different for how enemies spawn after the wave is clear and you can keep attacking.
You need to try your best to get 9 NP in 3 turns to maximize points.

Points are great for 5AP but no more than 2 runs on the Fall in Love node so don't sweat too much.

You also want servants that self-destruct too, like Arash. Chen Gong inflicts death on the character slot in front of him. Nitocris caster has a full NP refill.

Shop cleared, working on the last 600k points. Not looking towards claiming 300 CE...

Zambatoh

Clytie's Valentine's scene is incredibly wild. Actually makes most Berserkers look sane.

I did notice a few translation discrepancies though. In the original Japanese she states that she wants to increase your "love points" for her. But in the english version she wants to be your "favorite retainer". Way to tone her down Lasagna! The gogh-jokes were pretty hilarious though.

Clytie's Valentine's scene is incredibly wild. Actually makes most Berserkers look sane.

I did notice a few translation discrepancies though. In the original Japanese she states that she wants to increase your "love points" for her. But in the english version she wants to be your "favorite retainer". Way to tone her down Lasagna! The gogh-jokes were pretty hilarious though.

I adore Clytie/Van Gogh, too bad I didn't get her during Imaginary Scramble :( maybe next time she's in a banner...

Last edited:

deanote666

1w0En3a.gif

Pejo

It's crazy how much longer and more detailed modern valentines cutscenes are compared to the originals. It wouldn't kill them to update some of the year1/2 characters at this point.

deanote666

It's crazy how much longer and more detailed modern valentines cutscenes are compared to the originals. It wouldn't kill them to update some of the year1/2 characters at this point.
Old, old cutscenes can't minimize the text like current cutscenes and it's been awhile since they added that feature.

deanote666

Half AP rank up quests.

Me with no rank up quests.

Limited time missions but rewards are only embers so whatevs.

Edit: there's some of those paw cards for doing them all.

Last edited:

Pejo

made it to 1.5 mil~ for the last ticket. Never got a CE drop, oh well.

got what I wanted from the shop and got all the limited stuff, I'm pleased with it.

Why the hell is Caenis in the "male" side of the Chocolates?

Top Bottom