• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite A Christmas Carol Movie?

Favorite version of "A Christmas Carol"?

• The Muppets Christmas Carol

Votes: 4 21.1%
  • Scrooged (with Bill Murrary)

• Charles Dicken's A Christmas Carol ( with George C Scott)

Votes: 2 10.5%
  • TNT'S A Christmas Carol (with Patrick Stewart)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Mickey's A Christmas Carol

• MR. Maggo's A Christmas Carol

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Disney's A Christmas Carol (with Jim Carrey)

Votes: 1 5.3%
  • Other/Not Listed

Votes: 3 15.8%

• Total voters
The contenders:

thumbnail

91gZci%2Be0EL._SX342_.jpg
917XEqmxPiL._SY741_.jpg

250px-AChristmasCarol1999Cover.jpg

51VTBEy7PPL._SX342_.jpg

!!eBgnQ!EGM~$(KGrHqN,!iME0HTqkL)ZBNQupQtBbw~~_35.JPG

latest

Personally, for me, it is a toss-up between The Muppets Christmas Carol and TNT's Christmas Carol. Mostly because of the Muppets(and less of Michael Cain even though I like him from the Dark Knight Trilogy and the Prestiege) and TNT's Christmas Carol because of Patrick Stewart and because it is kind of dark

Muppets!

If you haven't ever seen Toy Story The Christmas Toy, I'd also recommend that, especially if you have little ones.

cr0w

Old Member
The George C. Scott one. Marley and the Ghost of Christmas Future scared the shit out of me as a kid.

Solomeena

Banned
While i have an affinity for the classic Christmas Carol movies, Scrooged is my first love. I really appreciated the modern take on Scrooge with Bill Murray.

way more

I like Scrooged a lot but you have to be aware of the source material and the many, many other interpretations. The Muppet version gets to the point, it cleanly tells the story, and its under 90 minutes.

tkscz

I don't know what it is about it, but I love A Flitstones Christmas Carol. Something about it both being a play and Fred's actual life reflecting upon each other was just really satisfying. I know others have done the troupe before with a Christmas Carol (Scrooged is even on the voting list) but I just enjoyed it better with A Flinstone's Christmas Carol. It may be nostalgia though.

TacosNSalsa

This is a toughy ..I love Scrooged and the George C Scott one equally..can watch them anytime they are on. I honestly don't know who to vote for!!

I don't know what it is about it, but I love A Flitstones Christmas Carol. Something about it both being a play and Fred's actual life reflecting upon each other was just really satisfying. I know others have done the troupe before with a Christmas Carol (Scrooged is even on the voting list) but I just enjoyed it better with A Flinstone's Christmas Carol. It may be nostalgia though.

Do you think it is better than the Jetson's Christmas Carol ?

SirTerry-T

As well as the Alastair Sim film mentioned above, you really should add Richard Williams' masterful 1970's animated version to that list. Brilliant voice cast and wonderful art.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
It's the Muppets, but really, it's this.

BANGS

Banned
Why does patrcik stewart cover make it look like an action flick?

Anyways I voted muppets, but mickey and jim carrey ones are great too...

Top Bottom