• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Beer?

My favorite is König Ludwig

konig-ludwig-weissbier-detalle.png

I very rarely drink alcohol ever since I started smoking weed regularly, but when I do I grab some of these Toffee Apple ciders, they're absolutely delicious.

81xuzMSrKbL._SY606_.jpg

Tevious

Cybrwzrd said:
Its OK with spicy food, and to chase Baijiu I guess, but I preferred Snow and Harbin while in China, and none were great ;P

I usually drink it with spicy food, yeah. I live in Seoul. South Korean beers are flavorless pisswater, but many resurants at least have TsingTao, which I like. There are some other imports you can buy in the store or at some bars, but they're more expensive. I pretty much only drink at restaurants and bars, rarely at home.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
pFuCHBw.jpg

Ayinger Celebrator. Good, good stuff.

Rest

All these years later I still chuckle at what a fucking moron that guy is.
My favorite, more commonly seen beer would have to be Blue Moon.

i3ib2w.jpg

But when it comes to beer you really don’t see too often(I’ve only seen this at the Mellow Mushroom in downtown Nashville, TN) it would have to be Delirium Red.

2yv9zxh.jpg
They've usually got this at my local liquor store, I'll have to give it a try.

I go to my local Binny's Beverage Depot and go to their bargain bin and stock up on loose (and slightly dinged) cans. 70 cent Miller Lite and PBR? Yes, please! $1-2 for loose craft beer bottles? I can stock up cheap and get buzzed like a billionaire on a peasant's paycheck. But when I can afford it, I'm all about Three Floyd's Zombie Dust and Revolution Brewery's Coffee Eugene Porter.

Love Red Hook, Bicoastal IPA and Big ballard are wherre it's at, can't go wrong with their ESB either. Also have a thing for Kirin, love that stuff.

danielberg

Neophyte
Kinda expensive but to me the best beer, tastes really good almost bourbon like, is really strong and it sneaks up on you with a delayed effect that knocks you out later than you expect lol

oSBcPRo.jpg

Last edited:

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Kinda expensive but to me the best beer, tastes really good almost bourbon like, is really strong and it sneaks up on you with a delayed effect that knocks you out later than you expect lol

oSBcPRo.jpg

Dude, it is 14% alcohol. It sneaks up on you because it is like drinking 3-4 session type beers at once.

Ray Wonder

Founder of the Wounded Tagless Children
Can't believe so many people like Guiness, that's far and away my least favorite. My favorite go to beer is Sam Adam's Boston Lager

Virex

Banned
I miss beer. Alcohol almost ruined my life but I got the help I needed. I can never touch a drink in my life again. But I sure do miss beer from time to time

I miss beer. Alcohol almost ruined my life but I got the help I needed. I can never touch a drink in my life again. But I sure do miss beer from time to time
I've got friends and family like that and some who still need help. Stay strong and away from it, it's a responsibility not just to yourself, but your family as well.

I love a good winter brew! Deschutes Brewing Jubelale was probably the first one I ever had. Nowaday's I barely drink, but when I do it's usually a Winter beer.

jubelale-deschutes-brewery.jpg

Meowzers

Not too fussed as it all tastes the same to me, but I always seem to buy Heineken or Stella Artois.

Nothing fancy, but it gets me from A to Aaaaay let's partaaay.

flacopol

Humble recommendation , if you came o Argentina , and fly to the south (bariloche for example) , try to test some handmade beer , there are a lot of places to try.

Vlaphor

Not Your Father's Root Beer

hPOSP0O.jpg

I generally hate beer for the way that it tastes...to me all beer tastes like rancid water. This beer is really, really good though. Once you get past the initial alcohol taste, it tastes just like fancy root beer, but it can also get you drunk.

Pejo

I've all but cut beer out of my life due to a diet, but my favorites are in two categories:

Cheap "burner" beer, just to have in the fridge for when you need to toss one back: Miller Lite, but if I weren't regionally locked to the West Coast, it'd be Old German. Best cheap beer in the world IMO.
Craft or "premium" beer: Chimay Blue Label. One of the last remaining "trappist beers" So delicious.

BANGS

Banned
I only drink craft beers nowadays. I completely stopped drinking any mass produced can beer. Craft Beers are so high quality compared to the ones in cans, as a beer lover, just cant go back to the old ways :)
lol the irony... the best craft beers come in cans brother...

As far as my personal favorite, I'm really into belgian tripels. Innis and Gunn is really good too. I don't really have an exact favorite, as my favorite beer is a variety of great beer lmfao

Cybrwzrd

Banned
I generally hate beer for the way that it tastes...to me all beer tastes like rancid water.

I have a feeling you have not had many beers in your lifetime. Saying all beers taste like rancid water is like saying all protein tastes like chicken.

BANGS

Banned
I have a feeling you have not had many beers in your lifetime. Saying all beers taste like rancid water is like saying all protein tastes like chicken.
For many, beer just tastes bad, it's an acquired taste. I used to hate beer too, matter of fact the only beer i could stand drinking was garbage like budweiser because it had the least flavor so I could tolerate it. It wasn't until I really gave beer a chance and got into it over the years that I slowly started to like more and more flavorful beer, the type of beer which would make me sick in the past lol. Now I drink the dankest of IPAs and love it, whereas before even having a sam adams would have made me cringe...

Vlaphor

Practically every beer I've tried has tasted terribly, so why would I try more? Am I looking for various degrees of terribleness?

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Practically every beer I've tried has tasted terribly, so why would I try more? Am I looking for various degrees of terribleness?

What have you tried? You like that root beer, so I have a feeling that you'd like some of the sweeter stouts out there. Southern Tier makes these stouts that taste exactly like different flavor girl scout cookies.

Paasei

I love the label on this beer. Good design - just gives you the info you need.
Everything from this brewery is crazy good. A shame that this particular flavour is somewhat hard to find depending on where you are/live even in this country.
And they are all labeled like that.

Last edited:

RiccochetJ

Gold Member
My day to day beer is Coors, so I suppose it's my favorite. It's cheap, I like the taste, and I don't get a hangover in the morning like a lot of the micro breweries give me.

lil puff

Everything from this brewery is crazy good. A shame that this particular flavour is somewhat hard to find depending on where you are/live even in this country.
And they are all labeled like that.
that also was a perfect head on that beer :D

Hobobaggins

Neo Member
One that I didn't brew myself or local craft beer no one has ever heard of?

Stout: North Coast's Old Rasputin or Left Hand's Milk Stout
Porter: Ballast Point's Victory at Sea
IPA: Brew Dog's Hazy Jane or Six Point's Hi-Res

I like beer that actually has a flavor so no Guiness for me.

lil puff

I have usually found IPAs to be bitter and not the direction I want to go to but. There are some I do like, so I presume they are in class of their own that can be debated on their own merits. I most enjoy this upsate NY Montauk brewery, and this one watermelon ale is just so refreshing. Their Summer Ale is also nice.

At 1st I was the only one to get it from this store. Now everyone is taking it.

So I am kinda back on their Session Ale, it's an IPA. If I want stronger I get the Montaul Session Ale at 6.4%. But thats all I can take.

I still drink Bud and Coors and all the gas station beers, I like those. Modelo.

Top Bottom