• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite fighting game character

agent069

Banned
337px-Vanessa(VF4).jpg

Vanessa :love:

105leifang.jpg

And Lei Fang, even if I didn't play DOA for more that 15 minutes :lol

Vard

On the 3rd page and still no pics of Voldo? Better fix that (even though he's not my favorite; he's just hilariously creepy/awesome):

30988.jpg

30955.jpg

Ploid 3.0

GGXX:
Baiken

Street Fighter:
Ryu -_- So cliche

Tekken:
Xiaoyu

Soul Calibur:
Taki

Virtua Fighter:
Aoi

Capcom VS SNK:
Rock Howard

Dead or Alive:
crap I dont remember the names! jk The Wrestler dude I guess.

Dali

Ploid 3.0 said:
GGXX:
Baiken

Street Fighter:
Ryu -_- So cliche

Tekken:
Xiaoyu

Soul Calibur:
Taki

Virtua Fighter:
Aoi

Dead or Alive:
crap I dont remember the names! jk The Wrestler dude I guess.

Here's something that's kinda interesting to me. DOA's Bass is cut from the same cloth as Hulk Hogan, right? I was flicking channels not too long ago and ended up watching a bit of his VH1 reality show, where he is over-protective of his aspiring pop star daughter. At the time I had just gone through a DC nostalgia session involving DOA, so the storyline was fresh on the mind. The Bass/Tina relationship in that game is exactly like Hogan and his daughter's. This is DOA 2 we are talking about here. Did Hulk work with Team Ninja and tell them his hopes and aspirations regarding his daughter growing up to be a "gentle lady" (Bass's words) or was this just a coincidence?

bass4ee.jpg

hollywoodhogan2jh.jpg

Emotions

Mai Shiranui (FF- KoF)
Cammy (SF2 Turbo)
Ken (SF2)
Mary (FF - KoF)
Cassandra (SC2)
Yuri Sakazaki (AoF2- KoF)
Terry Bogard (FF- KoF)
Iori Yagami (KoF)
Escorpion (MK)
Kitana (MK)
Bowser (SSBM)
Charlotte (SS)

I have more but those are the ones i can think of now...

Ploid 3.0

All I used to play were fighters. I forgot about mk and such (yes even shaq fu >.>). Man I wish fighters could work online. Location is my only problem.

Dali

Emotions said:
Mai Shiranui (FF- KoF)
Cammy (SF2 Turbo)
Ken (SF2)
Mary (FF - KoF)
Cassandra (SC2)
Yuri Sakazaki (AoF2- KoF)
Terry Bogard (FF- KoF)
Iori Yagami (KoF)
Escorpion (MK)
Kitana (MK)
Bowser (SSBM)
Charlotte (SS)

I have more but those are the ones i can think of now...

mai8hc.jpg

bluemary7zb.jpg

yurisakazaki4nh.jpg

charlotte3sk.jpg

Ploid 3.0 said:
All I used to play were fighters. I forgot about mk and such (yes even shaq fu >.>). Man I wish fighters could work online. Location is my only problem.

Have you tried emulation. There are people who play any MAME fighter you can think of online. SFA, KOF, Marvel vs Capcom, you name it.

Klotera

DoA: Lei Fang (Why did she have to get the worst costumes of all the ladies in DoA4?)

Virtua Figher: Lion

Soul Edge/Blade/Calibur: Seung Mina

Street Fighter: Rose

Tekken: Asuka

KoF: Mai

Mark of the Wolves: B. Jenet

Guilty Gear: Milla Rage

Mortal Kombat: Kano

Powerstone: Rouge

Bloody Roar (hey - I'm being thorough): Yugo

Eternal Champions: Shadow (or maybe the Senator....)

Overall - I'm going to have to go with Seung Mina, with Lei Fang being a close second.

AAK

neojubei said:
AAK

ok you have to tell me where I can find the full set of these tekken images. please

Sorry for the late reply. Those are all custom made Tekken DR IC cards by a number of artists. I found them from a korean tekken fansite a few months back. Only 14 characters were posted there:

Jin_s.jpg
hwoarang_bbb.jpg
devil_b.jpg

back_b.jpg
asuka_b.jpg
kazuya_s.gif

julia_b.jpg
lei_b.jpg
lili2_b.jpg

mardukk.jpg
lili_b.jpg
rogerjr02.jpg

steve_b.jpg
williams_b.jpg
xiaoyu.jpg

Firestorm

Considering the only fighter I'm into is SSBM, I dunno if any of them actually qualify as "fighting game characters". Cuz, ya know, they're from Action-Adventure and RPGs and stuff >_>

GCQuinton

spiderman_thumb.jpg

MAXIMUM SPIDER!!

larcen.gif

Larcen from Eternal Champions

Among others already listed:

Akuma
Terry Bogard
Jin Kazama
Lion

There's probably more but I can't think of any off the top of the head.

SOLDIER

I can't believe no one mentioned....

Akira-helmet.gif

AkiraKazama.gif

Incredible fighter. Used to decimate people with her in college. Plus, she has a special move ripped out of Evangelion.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i think i could've gone through life without seeing voldo cosplay. :(

anyway, to answer the question: terry bogard, kibagami genjuro, and akira...who is at core a boring design, but has the most awesome moves in fighting game history. and actually he's started to look pretty cool in vf4 and vf5.

Trakdown

Street Fighter Alpha:

dan38.gif

SAIKYO RYOUGI!!
I know he sucks, but he's pretty fun to play as. Especially in SVC Chaos, with the Gadou Shou Koh Ken.

KOF:
heidern-1.gif

It's a travesty that Heidern hasn't been playable in that many KOFs. Really. I do like the whole Ikari team in general, though.

300px-Ps2-Blue_Mary.jpg

Mary's just a flat-out blast to play as.

I also endorse all of the Strider Hiryu love in this thread. So glad he was in MVC.

SOLDIER said:
I can't believe no one mentioned....

Akira-helmet.gif

AkiraKazama.gif

Incredible fighter. Used to decimate people with her in college. Plus, she has a special move ripped out of Evangelion.

Umm, a name of the game please?

Hero

Karakand said:
Rock Howard - Garou: Mark of the Wolves, KOF

snkrock8mz.gif

rockngbc7ql.jpg

It depresses me that it took that long in the thread for Rock to be posted. He's my boy in CvS2.

Other notables:

1151668528.jpg

Sheik is an absolute monster in SSB:M. So fast, lots of knock out attacks, and crazy juggles. Fox/Falco/Marth are also good, but Sheik is a ninja.

naruto_itachi0006.jpg

In Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3, Itachi is a perfect example of how one character can basically break the game engine. Thankfully in the 4th one, the running sidestep punishes a lot of noob players.

Also, what's with all the Tekken love?

usea

Hero said:
In Naruto: Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3, Itachi is a perfect example of how one character can basically break the game engine. Thankfully in the 4th one, the running sidestep punishes a lot of noob players.
Sharingan Sasuke and Orochimaru were broken in GNT 2 as well. It's a terrible game competitively. The Narutimate series is far better imo.

Also, even if that site had no hotlink protection you should at least try to find a screenshot of him from the game and not the anime or manga. -_-

Top Bottom