• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite meme in the history of the intertubes?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now don't get me wrong. Most memes are fucking annoying as are the people who use them. The airplane flying off into the sunset being one of them. Makes me want to Hulk smash my computer.

Some memes however... make be baw or lol without fail almost every time. Such is the case with this meme.

do_want.jpg

Do Want memes are fantastic because they often involve photos of funny animals and who doesn't appreciate animals? They also serve a real purpose in expressing whether or not a person do wants or do not wants.

They're all fucking terrible. Especially considering how quickly they get run into the ground.

That said, I'm partial to FFFFUUUUU/Rageguy oh, and "deal with it"

I like caturday and courage wolf ("When life gives you lemons; shove them up a bears ass!").

I hate 'Haters gonna Hate' because it's most commonly used in this context;

"You've provided a valid arguement against my opinions, yet i'm too much of a dickweed to give your opinions the time of day, so; HatersGonnaHate.gif lol"

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Ducky_McGee said:
Now don't get me wrong. Most memes are fucking annoying as are the people who use them. The airplane flying off into the sunset being one of them. Makes me want to Hulk smash my computer.

Some memes however... make be baw or lol without fail almost every time. Such is the case with this meme.

do_want.jpg

Do Want memes are fantastic because they often involve photos of funny animals and who doesn't appreciate animals? They also serve a real purpose in expressing whether or not a person do wants or do not wants.

What is baw?

ultron87

This is pretty much the funniest thing from the Internet I've ever seen:

27c5506712b8570894fad2fc648eec04.jpg

The Meme is old now, but damnit this picture is amazing.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
Yaweee said:
Haters Gonna Hate

This is possibly the most obnoxious meme currently making the rounds. "Haters gonna hate" and "U mad" make the poster sound like a complete idiot.

I actually enjoy some memes, socially awkward penguin is great, and "go ly down" could have been great if it wasn't beaten into the ground within 10 minutes of the jbaird thread closing.

tokkun

The only good meme is the So Basically meme.

That meme provides a cutting critique of the review score obsession in a concise and humorous form.

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
siddx said:
This is possibly the most obnoxious meme currently making the rounds. "Haters gonna hate" and "U mad" make the poster sound like a complete idiot.

^

Will be banned from GAF if it doesn't go out of style soon.

Ferrio

Banned
Hard to pick my favorite, I've been partial to this one since it's hard to beat into the ground since it's usually only used when needed
shopped.jpg

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
siddx said:

When they started, people only used them against total meltdowns and morons. The problem is that it's now creeped into being used to mean "I disagree with you but I'd rather be a dickhead than actually engage you on your arguments or accept that your opinion differs from mine".

Stumpokapow said:
When they started, people only used them against total meltdowns and morons. The problem is that it's now creeped into being used to mean "I disagree with you but I'd rather be a dickhead than actually engage you on your arguments or accept that your opinion differs from mine".
Funky Functionality said:

I hope this was a coincidence:lol

scotcheggz

I think the yo dawg meme is probably my favourite. Kind of pointless, but funny when they were really ridiculous.

Otherwise I liked the loch gif where he sat at the old pc all ready to go, then something shite would pop up the screen and his face was like a smacked arse. The 599 ps3 was a good one.

siddx

Magnificent Eager Mighty Brilliantly Erect Registereduser
EviLore said:
^

Will be banned from GAF if it doesn't go out of style soon.

Happy dance! Haaaappy dance!

oh and yeah, magnets, how do they work? Still cracks me up, but im sure it's getting close to being run into the ground. I actually say it irl quite often.

I've never gotten bored of trollface/coolface. Whenever he's shopped on to somebody's head, or just posted by itself, I love it. I'd love to be the guy that drew up something like that, even if I wasn't credited.

Socially Awkward Penguin is phenomenal, too. Makes me laugh and cry and cringe.

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
Lagspike_exe said:
Courage_Wolf_8_by_Nossek.jpg

BY FAR

Also,

fucking_magnets.jpg
Quoted for two reasons -

1. I also love Courage Wolf. I have a new favorite every time I look it up on GIS. :lol
2. I would really like a blank of that ICP one, so I could add my own text.

Bootaaay said:
I hate 'Haters gonna Hate' because it's most commonly used in this context;

"You've provided a valid arguement against my opinions, yet i'm too much of a dickweed to give your opinions the time of day, so; HatersGonnaHate.gif lol"
Its a great meme. You should never have to take valid and well reasoned criticism form anybody.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom