• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite movie scenes

GeekyDad

Ugh...this one still gets me every time. That break in Denzel Washington's voice as he stands in front of the court railing offering up his explanation to the judge regarding his questioning of the witness.

RAÏSanÏa

Such a sorely overlooked movie. It might've not been the cinematic experience 2001 was, but it told its story better, I thought. Hope we'll eventually see 2061.
That 2010 scene left one of the strongest impressions from that era. It tied in with so much scifi stuff to think about that was being released then.

By the time I saw 2001 the special effects in space movies were over a decade further along. After rewatching 2010 recently I still like it more in many ways, even with the appreciating the iconic place 2001 has over it shown by the Barbie trailer. I think I wouldn't have appreciated movies like Event Horizon as much without watching 2010.

pramod

Banned
Crap movie but such an incredible opening

This is one of my favorite Bond moments

Last edited:
In Blade Runner when they dim the lights in Tyrell's office and the music kicks in... Magic.
qB54j1W.png

GeekyDad

I was rewatching the whole trilogy last week, and Sam's speech teared me up

The message, the soundtrack, damn

LOTR is something else. Always will be.
I also re-watched them a short time back, and came to the realization (for myself, anyway) that Sam was the hero of the movie. The story even ends with him returning home to his wife and (Jackson's :D ) children. Everything Sam does throughout the tale is heroic to me -- his humility most of all.

GeekyDad

I watched this movie over and over as a kid.... To this day, I still get chills... "GUARDS, KNIGHTS, SQUIRES!!! PREPARE FOR BATTLE!"

That Wagner score... So powerful.

Yeah, I think a lot of the younger folk might not know about this film and it's cast...Helen Mirren, Liam Neeson, Patrick Stewart, Gabriel Byrne...

Also watched it over and over and over...it was to films what The Moody Blues were to music for me. Sacred.

GeekyDad

You should see the rest of the movie, dude kills a bazillion bad dudes while delivering a baby one handed.
I forget the actor's name, but he's one of those actors I can take or leave. He seems to do silly shit like that well, like his role in Sin City. He's a good actor, but a bit too much macho sauce for my taste. I've been teetering on watching another movie he's in, Children of Men, but I'm afraid of it being really pretentious.

I forget the actor's name, but he's one of those actors I can take or leave. He seems to do silly shit like that well, like his role in Sin City. He's a good actor, but a bit too much macho sauce for my taste. I've been teetering on watching another movie he's in, Children of Men, but I'm afraid of it being really pretentious.

Clive Owen, he is a bit hit and miss. Best performances of his were -
  • Inside Man with Denzel and Foster
  • Duplicity with Roberts
  • The International with Watts

Top Bottom