• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite Twitch or Mixer Streamers and Why?

Radical Socks

Gold Member
What Twitch or Mixer streamers do you watch regularly?

What makes you keep coming back to watch them? Is it the entertaining personality, their high skill level, interacting with the community in the chat -- perhaps a combination of all of them or something else?

Alinity, because I love girls who let you watch them play with their pussy......cats.

vl9FcFD.gif

I really only watch 3 Streamers and the majority of that time is only one of them.
  • TSM Break
    • Great personality, and really good at PUBG. Once Viss stopped playing PUBG I switched to Break since they played together and now he's my favorite.
  • Gab Smolders
    • She's great. Started watching when she lived in Japan. She plays a lot of horror games and a lot of Japanese games which is what I enjoy the most. I would tie her with Break but I consume most of her content on youtube and not Twitch.
  • DrDisrespect
    • I've fallen off pretty recently but I still enjoy when he plays with people like Break, and Halifax.
Some shoutouts to NihongoGamer, Noriyaro, and Toph. I love Toph, he's adorable.

Weilthain

Banned
I used to like watching hearthstone on twitch.

Kripparian was fun because if he lost it was bad rng but if he won it was skill. Not really I like the guy but that’s the meme.

Also Trump (not 45) is a likeable guy.

Thabass

Outerheaven - Metal Gear Solid and Kojima games channel. I also follow the guys that run it: Uknightmare, Threedogg, and drk29.

DrDisrespect - Because he's fucking awesome.

I also follow a lot of friends and stuff.

TacosNSalsa

Twitch because most of the games I enjoy are nigh non existent on Mixer.

Edit oops..miss read . Favorite Twitch streamers are Maximillian for overall production values and his game choices line up with mine and his community is very cool . Ryhkker and Bluddshed for Diablo 3 .Snakeseyez to watch him plant fools in SFV . I'm looking for good Monster Hunter and Dont starve streamers

Last edited:

Helios

Northernlion and Jerma for the personality.
I used to really like Kripp but I got sick of HS.
Pengu and Shroud for the FPS skillz.
I also watched a few really small STALKER streamers. I found that these smaller streamers form a community around them and it's quite neat. And quite the departure from the usual streams where everyone in chat screams into a void of nothingness.

Last edited:

Banned
The only streamer I enjoyed was Cranky Canuck, a pretty chill morning talk format streamer on Mixer. He passed away last year and I haven't found anything like his channel since.

johntown

Banned
In Germany, we have a 24/7 Streaming Channel named Rocket Beans. They do a lot of awesome content. I have that running almost all the time I'm at home. Consequently all my favorite streamers are German and you won't know them anyway.
I'm not German and all too often I see that channel in the games I like to watch...along with Royal Phunk. Even though I have no idea what they are saying I will watch occasionally.

I don't have any favorite streamer but I watch lots of smaller to mid sized streamers. Right now I enjoy Mario Maker 2 Super Expert streams, MK 11 Tournaments and Sekiro end boss battles. The streamer really does not matter as long as they are not obnoxious.

Jooxed

Gold Member
I used my twitch prime on DrLupo, could care less about Fornite.. but he plays other stuff once in a while he does does some genuinely good stuff for charity and is an entertaining dude while im working

Somoza

Those are some of the guys and gals i follow. In no particular order.

Kyle McCarley, the voice actor of 9S from nier automata usually streams the games he is in (nier, fire emblem valentia, astral chain) he's a chill guy and he tells stories about game dubbing while playing.

Samewise, the voice actor who plays Roadhog in Overwatch also streams the game he is in.

ValkyrieAurora, she's fun and ... thirsty.

And of course, fucking MrClemps one of the nicest guys out there.

Lucumo

DDRJake because he hates modern Twitch culture about as much as I do. He is also pretty good at EU4 and other games.

Cohhcarnage by far and away the greatest streamer out of both platforms... The amount of games i have tried just because he plays them and has an honest opinion on them is huge and he seems to enjoy the games i like the most.

Mind you, ive been subbed for 4 years to him and all 4 years ive asked for a LA Noire stream, still waiting :(

DrJohnGalt

Banned
I enjoy SheriffEli for the games and personality and LeFrenchStallion for the music. I tend to watch smaller streamers, the ones that can actually interact with chat. The big players are usually too full of themselves or simply get so many people in chat they can't keep up.

It surprises me how many people on Twitch don't chat or do anything other than play games silently. Why bother streaming?

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Just Afro and only after I already played and finished the game his streaming.

My reason: purely for his personality and his reaction for boss fights that I already beat.

JSoup

Banned
I don't really watch streams so much as listen while I'm busy with other things. Some of the people I recommend:
SharpiePlays - Decent conversationalist, inviting presence, on a quest to beat every Sega published game.
DistractedElf - Great story teller, has lots of RPG, D&D & LARP streams, generally pleasant to talk to.
Rudyxx - RPG streamer that's full of stories, interacts with his chat well, generally pleasant.
ThePixelWorlds - Super talkative, highly energetic, does a lot of RetroAchievements achievement hunting.
Umilele - Twitch singer, does a wide range of songs, interacts with her chat and seems to honestly appreciate the hell out of anyone who stops by, upbeat and very pleasant.
Amby_exe - doesn't stream often, but a nice lady who plays with keychain toys (Tamagotchi, Digimon, etc) while telling/exchanging stories over late 90s/early 2000s rock and metal as she slowly goes blind from a medical condition.

The only twitch I do is listen to Karak Karak International Podcast while working.

When I have free time I rather play something myself than watch someone else play something.

Filip JDM

Neo Member
Usually Jericho, his streams are so funny, he plays a lot of different games, sometimes does music streams and his shitty cooking is one of most entertaining things on twitch.

Sometimes CohhCarnage for playthroughs, dont own a PS4 so watched a lot of exclusives there, also one of best communities on twitch.

Other than that only Noriyaro, who does mostly IRL with drifitng, racing and car events in Japan.

Portugeezer

TriHex, regularly plays games like Mario Maker 2, used to do a lot of Yoshis Island speedruns. Over the past few years he has generally become a great human being, using his platform for good vibes.

I don't watch him regularly because there is only so many times I can watch a man fail at a difficult super expert level on SMM2, but he is definitely one of the better streamers.

I don't watch any live but I like to watch the highlight vids from Doc and Viss. Doc, because he's entertaining as fuck and Viss because he imparts a lot of valuable Apex knowledge. Lately he's been explaining his decisions, predictions and reasoning while he's playing which is very helpful to someone trying to improve their game. Someone like me, for instance.

Also enjoy ChocoTaco vids. He seems like a good dude.

Last edited:

Labolas

Max or Maximilian_dood - For fighting games and other stuff, he has a good personality for streaming. Although some stuff he streams I don't care too much about but he does it make fun to watch.

AngriestPat (formerly of Super Best Friends/Two Best Friends) - I find myself enjoying his streams more and more. His weird personality and his girlfriend makes his streams. His streams are becoming my favorite to watch.

AvoidingthePuddle aka Aris - Dude is straight up hilarious. From his stoner laugh to him dissing his own chat. He probably has me laughing the most of any streamer. The caveat is that he plays the same type of games over and over and he really doesn't try different type of games.

Wouldn't that be Cohhcarnage though since apparently a lot of people here buy into his streaming persona?
I'm not going to pretend like Cohh is a saint (I specifically recall the time when the Subnautica sound designer was fired for "attack helicopter" jokes, and he acted like it was the worst thing a person could do... even though he used to make the EXACT same joke), but what exactly are you talking about here?

Lucumo

I'm not going to pretend like Cohh is a saint (I specifically recall the time when the Subnautica sound designer was fired for "attack helicopter" jokes, and he acted like it was the worst thing a person could do... even though he used to make the EXACT same joke), but what exactly are you talking about here?
What do you mean? I mean it exactly like I wrote it. He plays/acts his streaming persona so well that people actually believe he is like that as a person (see GymWolf's post for instance). That's why I disagree with Aris being the "best Twitch actor".

Fragment

I like streamers that engage with the audience and talk constantly.. streamers who just sit around and play with awkward or long silences are terrible for me.

Some of my favorites:

Mathil1 - Sexy, Funny, Informative and always interacts with stream/viewers. (pretty much Path Of Exile exclusively)

nl_Kripp - Always engaged and very talkative, very good entertaining streamer (mostly hearthstone nowdays, sometimes mobile games or other paid content).

Captain_Richard - comes off as a bit of a snob, usually pretty entertaining sometimes awkward and weird.. really weird or sometimes gross like bathroom habits. Streams mostly Star Citizen/sci-fi games. Does daily/weekly giveaways mostly Star Citizen related.

MorrolanTV - lots of sarcasm and entertainment, usually engages with viewers pretty well, mostly streams Black Desert Online but also a few other games here and there for example a bit WoW Classic lately.

MrYagut - Hearthstone streamer, light-hearted and fun attitude, very good player usually entertaining and engages with viewers pretty well.

runitup - Poker channel. Jason Somerville's (aka JCarver) channel. He used to stream quite a bit but has mostly given it up for doing things behind the scenes. He hosts a live event every year Run It Up Reno which this year will be from Oct 11-21 so some good live content should be coming again soon. He also has a 24/7 replay channel which is sponsored/supported by Pokerstars that is sometimes fun to watch and comment on with other viewers. That channel is runitup247

Day9tv
- Informative, humorous and entertaining streamer mostly card games like Magic the Gathering lately.

Last edited:
Top Bottom