• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FBI agents involved in Russiagate knew they were lying; got defamation liability insurance prior to the inauguration

infinitys_7th

Gold Member
Oct 1, 2006

One agent texted back on January 10, 2017:

“We all went and purchased professional liability insurance.”

The other agent responded:

“Holy crap. All the analysts too?”

The agent who initiated the text message said:

“Yep. All the folks at the Agency as well.”

The other agent responded:

“Can I ask who are the most likely litigators? As far as potentially suing y’all?”

The first agent said:

“Haha, who knows…I think the concern when we got it was that there was a big leak at DOJ and the NYT among others was going to do a piece.”
Allegedly, shortly after then-Sen. Jeff Sessions (R-Alabama) was confirmed to be Trump’s new attorney general, congressional Democrats, media, and Obama holdovers within DOJ immediately moved to force Sessions to “recuse” himself from overseeing the department’s investigations against Trump. One agent wrote:

“The new AG might have some questions…then yada yada yada…we all get screwed.”

The FBI agents went on to discuss how the investigations’s leadership was consumed with conspiracy theories rather than actual evidence. One agent wrote:

“I’m telling (sic) man, if this thing ever gets FOIA’d, there are going to be some tough questions asked. And a great deal of those will be related to Brian having a scope way outside the boundaries of logic.”

Another agent texted:

“(Redacted) is one of the worst offenders of the rabbit holes and conspiracy theories. This guy traveled with that guy, who put down 3rd guy as his visa sponsor. 3rd guy lives near a navy base, therefore…”
The thing with defamation is that truth is an absolute defense - if you tell the truth about someone, then what you told cannot defame them. This also applies for public figures like Trump, although defamation against them also requires malicious intent. So you can guess what these agents being afraid of defamation lawsuits implies about them, why they were afraid that Sessions "might have some questions", if their efforts ever got revealed through FOIA.

Last edited:

KINGMOKU

May 16, 2005
You have got to be kidding me. I am really starting to wonder how connected all of this is, amd what exactly all of "this" is.

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
Ya this is old news, came and went and MSM buried it.

This stuff wont get reported on because the media was complicit in all this. They spread all the lies and allowed all these spooks to spread this garbage on their networks.

Jan 7, 2018
The insurance part got me :messenger_dizzy:

Its like a serial killer buying insurance to not go to jail.

Last edited:

falcs

May 5, 2011
Australia
Donald J Trump is the reason all of this corruption in politics, government, and the mainstream media has been exposed.
Everyone is against him because he is not part of this corrupt establishment.
If he doesn't win the election things will just go back being corrupt and hidden.
If he does win... Well.. How much can 1 man actually do? Probably not much. Especially when everyone and their mother is fighting dirty against him.
At least we now know that everything is bullshit.

Teletraan1

May 17, 2012
Canada
MSM did to this story what they were going to do to the Biden email story until Twatter and FB streisand effected this shit up to 11. This is actually very old news. It was in a document that came out during the height of the pandemic that the agents were talking about getting liability insurance in texts. It was never reported with the same veracity that an unsolicited meeting with Don Jr was.

Last edited:
Reactions: cryptoadam

cryptoadam

... and he cannot lie
Feb 21, 2018
And Bruce Ohr quit just before he was gonna get fired because he was named in the Horrowitz report.

But that, this, and Clinesmith is not news unless you are Hannity/Tucker/OAN.

The media learned from 2016 and have put a lid on talking about anything that isnt Orange Man Bad.