• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.
  • Hey Guest. Check out the NeoGAF 2.2 Update Thread for details on our new Giphy integration and other new features.

FBI requests help from public to identify U.S. Capitol rioters

May 22, 2018
The FBI is requesting the public help identify people who took part in the pro-Trump riots at the U.S. Capitol.

"We are accepting tips and digital media depicting rioting or violence in and around the U.S. Capitol on January 6," an FBI tweet said. "If you have witnessed unlawful violent actions, we urge you to submit any information, photos, or videos that could be relevant at fbi.gov/USCapitol," the agency said in a subsequent statement.

The mayhem at the U.S. Capitol resulted in the deaths of four people and led to 52 arrests. More than 50 U.S. Capitol Police and D.C. police officers sustained injuries during the attack on the Capitol, wrote Steven Sund, the Chief of the U.S. Capitol Police, in a statement Thursday.

Director Wray’s Statement on Violent Activity at the U.S. Capitol Building​

The violence and destruction of property at the U.S. Capitol building yesterday showed a blatant and appalling disregard for our institutions of government and the orderly administration of the democratic process. As we’ve said consistently, we do not tolerate violent agitators and extremists who use the guise of First Amendment-protected activity to incite violence and wreak havoc. Such behavior betrays the values of our democracy. Make no mistake: With our partners, we will hold accountable those who participated in yesterday’s siege of the Capitol.

Let me assure the American people the FBI has deployed our full investigative resources and is working closely with our federal, state, and local partners to aggressively pursue those involved in criminal activity during the events of January 6. Our agents and analysts have been hard at work through the night gathering evidence, sharing intelligence, and working with federal prosecutors to bring charges. Members of the public can help by providing tips, information, and videos of illegal activity at fbi.gov/USCapitol. We are determined to find those responsible and ensure justice is served.

May 22, 2018
We must always assume the NSA and other government groups are more capable than they really are if the FBI can't even go on twitter and instagram to find the pictures and videos that these rioting idiots were posting for their 5 minutes of e-fame on their own.
Yeah but it's more than just pictures. A person contacting the FBI can provide names, numbers, and locations. That's not something you can usually find perusing Right Wing Twitter.

Last edited:

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
Yeah but it's more than just pictures. A person contacting the FBI can provide names, numbers, and locations. That's not something you can usually find perusing Right Wing Twitter.
Maybe Twitter should not have deplatformed them?

Big brain think for Jack Dorsey right there.

• LOL
Reactions: DeepEnigma

Horns

I drop hot takes hoping you'll argue with me. Just ignore me.
Jun 23, 2010
Been working on collecting the detes for them. What were people thinking posting it on social media. Those idiots are all done for and I will gladly report them. I hope a number of their employers learn of their involvement.

Kev Kev

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2012
4 deaths? I haven't seen anything other than that woman who was shot.
theres the woman that was shot in the neck and died, a flashbang gave a woman a heart attack and she died, someone else fell 30 ft off a scaffolding and died, and a guy who was trying to go in the capitol building and had a taser and in a melee accidentally tased himself and had a heart attack and died

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Dec 3, 2013
Yeah nothing says nazi like helping the FBI arrest rioters....wait....
I know, right?

Last edited:

DunDunDunpachi

Patient MembeR
Apr 18, 2018
USA
dunpachi.com
Yeah nothing says nazi like helping the FBI arrest rioters....wait....
Like I said, you can get a twitter checkmark if you want instead.

but don't be too eager to put your foot in your mouth:

I know, right?

Liberals cheering for lettered agencies and gleefully raising their hands to report on the Bad Guys is the new norm, though.

poppabk

Jan 21, 2008
USA
It's amusing to me that most of these people are so anti-mask that they didn't wear one to the storming of the capitol. Of course even that wouldn't help if you wear your company badge on a lanyard around your neck.

• LOL
Reactions: Dr.Guru of Peru

B-universe

Banned
Mar 23, 2020

Director Wray’s Statement on Violent Activity at the U.S. Capitol Building​

Identify, arrest and charge every single one of the Capitol rioters.
Do the exact same thing to Antifa and BLM rioters.

Jun 26, 2013
Not to excuse what the Capitol rioters did because what they did was wrong. But at least they didn't do the more heinous stuff like burning down and looting businesses or trying to make their own "CHAZ". The problem is that the establishment and media won't apply the same standards to everyone.

Kev Kev

Gold Member
Oct 25, 2012
theres the woman that was shot in the neck and died, a flashbang gave a woman a heart attack and she died, someone else fell 30 ft off a scaffolding and died, and a guy who was trying to go in the capitol building and had a taser and in a melee accidentally tased himself and had a heart attack and died
neophyte and likely reeeturner shitbird chrysanthemum chrysanthemum apparently thinks 4 people dying is funny. not sure why but thats pretty fucked of you. how about you stop just reacting and actually post a response to something

pussy

Ragnarok

Jan 14, 2005
Twitter was totes roasting the FBI over this earlier. Like LMAO I know right, why try to get as much information as possible! You're the FBI!

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Tesseract

NeilH1982

Jul 9, 2019
Been working on collecting the detes for them. What were people thinking posting it on social media. Those idiots are all done for and I will gladly report them. I hope a number of their employers learn of their involvement.

NSB'er

Cybrwzrd

Banned
Sep 29, 2014
Two be fair, two of those deaths seem more like Darwinism. The lady who had the heart attack and Ashli Babbitt are truly tragic.

Reactions: Kev Kev

NeilH1982

Jul 9, 2019

I really shouldn't, but goddamn fucking lol at the bolded

• Thoughtful
Reactions: Kev Kev

Tesseract

Banned
Dec 7, 2008

• Strength
Reactions: Krappadizzle
Aug 28, 2019
The police have been going after Antifa and BLM rioters.

Actual policework leading to arrests for major crime rarely happens at the scene of a crime; major crimes that aren't outright admitted to by the person (which does happen) take time to build a case and press charges. That might be a day later, a week later, or a month later, depending on the severity of the crime and the importance placed on having a good case to go to trial.

Last edited:

desertdroog

Aug 12, 2008
The police have been going after Antifa and BLM rioters.

Actual policework leading to arrests for major crime rarely happens at the scene of a crime; major crimes that aren't outright admitted to by the person (which does happen) take time to build a case and press charges. That might be a day later, a week later, or a month later, depending on the severity of the crime and the importance placed on having a good case to go to trial.
The problem is the revolving door, particularly in Portland of AntiFa members that are not prosecuted. This is well documented in the Portland thread where their mugshots are shown via Andy Ngo's twitter.
So, in some cities, the AG is not charging them and in Portland's case the AG is sympathetic with AntiFa.

Thread that I am referencing:

Last edited:

th4tguy

Feb 17, 2013
Straight up hypocrites, and so arrogant that they don’t flinch at being recognized for the scum they are.
For some, yes. All libs I know were never in support of violence or vandalism during any of the protests and felt it hurt any meaningful message more than helped. You can't lump all libs into a bucket of being ok with that kind of anarchy.
It's one thing to be understanding of a groups feelings. It's another to support them handling those feelings in a destructive way.

Of course there are crazies on both sides that just seem to want to watch the world burn.

Last edited:

ManofOne

Plus Member
Nov 4, 2020
I got no problem if they want to arrest and fine these individuals. They're doing it for ANTIFA (if you check Andy Ngo's twitter).

However at the same time I hope the AG will drop the charges on all those who went in peacefully.

cryptoadam

Banned
Feb 21, 2018
Just curiose what is the actual crimes here?

So breaking into the capitol building while its in session I guess would be trespassing? I don't think its a BnE since they didn't break into anything it was open and in session.

That guy who stole the podium I guess you can mark that down as theft, how much that thing go for 50 bucks?

Clearly if anyone attacked a cop thats attacking a police officer.

Throwing around papers and trashing an office would be akin to trashing a hotel room?