• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FCC Listing appears for the Nintendo Switch.

Luigiv

Other tidbits:

- AC adaptor output: 5V-15V, 2.6A (therefore 39W max power)
- Battery non user removable (no surprise)

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
The only info about the battery: DC 3.7V, just like the 3DS and DS.

Vic

Should make it removable, they would make some extra money selling extended batteries.
Nah, since the device has a USB Type-C connector, portable chargers also used by phones among other things should do the job.

Atheerios

Some interesting info...

5Zgf0kB.jpg

Luigiv

Should make it removable, they would make some extra money selling extended batteries.

Whilst I generally do prefer removable batteries, the reality is removable = smaller, which for such a power hungry device is an issue. Anyway, it was obvious the battery wasn't removable from the press shots we've already seen.

The only info about the battery: DC 3.7V, just like every single-cell Li-ion battery, ever.

Fixed.

Luigiv

on that subject, dev cradles can use the wii's ethernet adaptor
0yzHwkk.png

tEQ7adE.png

Hmm, looks like it support gigabit ethernet adaptors too (look at item "F"). Now the question is will it support generic adaptors or just an official peripheral.

rrs

Hmm, looks like it support gigabit ethernet adaptors too (look at item "F"). Now the question is will it support generic adaptors or just an official peripheral.
item F is attached to the PC, which most likely has 10/100 on board
xHLOkHp.png

Persona7

Banned

The official nintendo adapter is a basic off the shelf chipset made by one manufacturer. Pretty much every LAN adapter on the market for use with computers uses the same chipset. For example, the two I have by two different manufacturers that I used on my computers are both compatible with the Wii and Wii U.

Thraktor

Some interesting stuff in there. From a cursory reading:

• Switch's model no is HAC-001, the dock/AC adaptor is HAC-002, game card is HAC-008 and the joy-cons seems to be HAC-015 and HAC-016 (not sure which is which, though).
  • The impression I get is that the A/C adaptor is in the dock, as it doesn't mention them separately, although I'm not 100% sure.
    Edit: Maybe not. They also mention a SDEV Cradle (HAT-003) which may be a stand-in for the dock (in which case the consumer version of the dock is likely HAC-003).
  • "AC Adapter input: AC 100 – 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz, 1 A" is a power brick with worldwide compatibility. This heavily points towards the console being region-free.
  • "AC Adapter output: DC 5 V – DC 15 V, 2.6 A" means the maximum total power draw of Switch is 39W, although obviously that would just be during charging (it's possible that it uses the 15V USB-C spec while charging and drops down to 5V when fully charged and running a game, but that's just my speculation). If so, it should charge pretty quickly (although this depends on the battery as well).
  • Support for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wifi, including 802.11ac MIMO.
  • Bluetooth support, obviously enough. The existence of a low energy mode means Bluetooth 4.0 or later.

• Switch's model no is HAC-001, the dock/AC adaptor is HAC-002 and the joy-cons seems to be HAC-015 and HAC-016 (not sure which is which, though).
  • The impression I get is that the A/C adaptor is in the dock, as it doesn't mention them separately, although I'm not 100% sure.
  • "AC Adapter input: AC 100 – 240 V, 50 / 60 Hz, 1 A" is a power brick with worldwide compatibility. This heavily points towards the console being region-free.
  • "AC Adapter output: DC 5 V – DC 15 V, 2.6 A" means the maximum total power draw of Switch is 39W, although obviously that would just be during charging (it's possible that it uses the 15V USB-C spec while charging and drops down to 5V when fully charged and running a game, but that's just my speculation). If so, it should charge pretty quickly (although this depends on the battery as well).
  • Support for both 2.4GHz and 5GHz Wifi, including 802.11ac MIMO.
  • Bluetooth support, obviously enough. The existence of a low energy mode means Bluetooth 4.0 or later.

I hope so, especially with the platform being region free.

The idea of platforms being region locked needs to be done away with completely.

The big question is what does HAC stand for? Nintendo have usually used codenames abbreviations for model numbers.

"Handheld And Console"?

Vic

Pro and Slim both have 5GHZ.

Its only OG PS4 that does not have it
Saying that they support 5GHz means very little though. It could mean that they support 802.11n or even 802.11a @ 5GHz, which are pretty old standards, especially 802.11a.

me0wish

Nope, The Wii U power brick has worldwide compatibility as well. This confirms nothing sadly.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Saying that they support 5GHz means very little though. It could mean that they support 802.11n or even 802.11a @ 5GHz, which are pretty old standards, especially 802.11a.

PS4 pro and slim both support 802.11ac

Vic

Ahhh, fuck that. Batteries don't last long enough for that to be reasonable. My laptop/laptop battery only last me a good 3 or 4 years before having shitty battery life.
That's right when the Switch SP will come out ;)

antonz

Does this mean the console is close to release?

Of course tied to that but its also stuff they need done before they start having demo units etc. Have to get all that stuff FCC approved. 16 days before they start having hands on with the devices

Top Bottom