• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

#FE (Fire Emblem Wii U)'s Kiria gets new, more covered outfit for final JP release

rhandino

Banned
Wow, the reincarnation outfit for Kiria looks so much better...

BEFORE (During the Treehouse Presentation)
iosirIP.png

AFTER (Overview trailer)
GIPXYf1.png

slay a bit.

iosirIP.png

AFTER (Overview trailer)
GIPXYf1.png

slay a bit.
I noticed this as well. Weird... these are the types of changes you would expect during a localization effort. Pretty rare when the Japanese developers decide to scale back sexuality in their games.

iosirIP.png

AFTER (Overview trailer)
GIPXYf1.png

slay a bit.
Oh no! the western censorship is starting to affect Japanese games :p

Still super hype for this game. Really hope we get it early next year or even Summer.

Sakura

iosirIP.png

AFTER (Overview trailer)
GIPXYf1.png

slay a bit.

Seems weird to change that, considering you can still see her thong hanging out in her regular outfit, and you can put the girls in bikinis.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Since we're going to have this thread anyway, copy bump.

Let's try to make it go better than it normally does!

DNAbro

Zipper bikini was pretty funny. I thought this was known for awhile.

Edit: weird, did the art style change a bit? or is that just compression weirdness?

SalvaPot

I'll be honest, I did not liked the thong, but full pants seems excessive. Short shorts would be perfect. I like short shorts.

FluxWaveZ

Whoa, something got spit off.

Since we're going to have this thread anyway, copy bump.

Let's try to make it go better than it normally does!

I see.

That's their next target. Targets.

Related: There was actually a retailer pre-order item replaced due to Tsubasa's partial nudity.

The original pre-order item at WonderGOO was this face towel:
Which they hastily replaced to this after sending out an apology:

Kriken

I think there was a different trailer that implied this, but it was a different location iirc so the argument could be made "Well she has two outfits"

Edit: What Flux said

The SJW collective strikes again! No longer happy with targeting international releases, they've gone straight to the source! Look out Japan, your days are numbered!
xYF9Ag5.gif

Honestly tho I'm sure someone will find a way to blame it on something completely unrelated. Wonder what made them change it. Is the other outfit still in game somewhere and it's just for marketing?

FluxWaveZ

It wasn't. We had seen footage of Kiria in her new idol outfit during the latest Nintendo Direct, but that was specifically a promotion video for the Joysound karaoke collaboration. This confirms that it's for the actual game, too.

Brofield

I'll be honest, I did not liked the thong, but full pants seems excessive. Short shorts would be perfect. I like short shorts.

Do you find them comfy and easy to wear?

Yeah, the crotchless pants makes me feel ashamed to look but the full pants is a bit much. They need a better middle ground. Like short shorts.

Griss

Goddammit, this is really starting to piss me off. The crotchless pants were spectacular.

If I didn't know about these changes it wouldn't affect me even one bit, but once I do it sticks in my brain.

Do we have any recent examples of games being made MORE lewd after their first reveal? I want to know the world is still a decent place where lewdness and semi-nudity have a role to play in my favourite vidya games.

LPride

Banned
Do you find them comfy and easy to wear?

Yeah, the crotchless pants makes me feel ashamed to look but the full pants is a bit much. They need a better middle ground. Like short shorts.

Ive never understood this. Youre not the character designer, what do you have to be ashamed of?

Mcdohl

If you zoom into the black panties in the first pic, there's actually a zipper for...quick access, or I don't know what else would it be for.

That surprised me more than the outfit itself.

fk6WXqs.jpg

Edit: This is super known apparently. I'm a slowpoke.

Eolz

Looks worse imo, like a bad quick job.

Shame, I thought this was only for the Karaoke version (not the first time we see this new outfit).

Goddammit, this is really starting to piss me off. The crotchless pants were spectacular.

If I didn't know about these changes it wouldn't affect me even one bit, but once I do it sticks in my brain.

Do we have any examples of games being made MORE lewd after their first reveal? I want to know the world is still a decent place where lewdness and semi-nudity have a role to play in my favourite vidya games.
This must be really hard for you. Hope you are able to keep your strength in these difficult times. I know when I lost my favourite anime sexualised outfit from a game I didn't intend on playing nor cared about, I cried for a week.

DrArchon

I had no idea that NOA was powerful enough to censor games released in Japan.

New outfit looks better, but still dumb. I've come to accept the fact that I have zero love for any of this idol stuff that's in #FE so this change doesn't really matter to me.

Crocodile

I've seen too many popstars (Brittany Spears, Christina Aguliera, etc.) wear something similar to the first costume design to really give a shit so I'm surprised other would care/object? Seemed fine and contexually appropriate for what they were trying to do.

The face towel thing Flux posted seems really weird though. The first version feels awkward and weird but I wouldn't be the target audience for something like that anyway I guess.

SalvaPot

If you zoom into the black panties in the first pic, there's actually a zipper for...quick access, or I don't know what else would it be for.

That surprised me more than the outfit itself.

fk6WXqs.jpg

Edit: This is super known apparently. I'm a slowpoke.

Maybe they are fans of Kingdom Hearts.

I remember Sakurai had to mention that CERO forced him to censor Peach and Palutena's panties in the Japanese version of Smash Bros., on top of removing Tharja's trophy. He was actually pretty annoyed by that which was funny.

So this is definitely the kind of thing that happens in Japan too. Everyone has standards. This is a self-imposed decision and not some western thing.

Griss

This must be really hard for you. Hope you are able to keep your strength in these difficult times. I know when I lost my favourite anime sexualised outfit from a game I didn't intend on playing nor cared about, I cried for a week.

PM me and we can start a support group. I'm here for you.

Top Bottom