• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fear Effect Reinvented heading to Switch, PS4, XB1, Steam.

Cloud7

Yoooo, this is awesome! I enjoyed these games back in the day and still have them CIB. I'll be getting this on Switch.

You have done some outstanding work with the cutscenes and the concept art! Those are definitely the highlight of the Sedna game, I'd say, considering the low budget. (although the looping background sex scene in the Paris cutscene is awkward as hell)

The isometric perspective could work, but the problem is that Sushee simply do not have the talent/capacity/budget to execute on that particular genre. Even as an isometric action-puzzle game, it fails completely with unengaging and tedious combat that doesn't make sense. I'm not sure how they'll execute with this remaster.

Are you hired/working on Reinvented as well? Sushee should be proud if you're on board.

Can't really confirm that.

tkscz

Hoping to get a Brave Fencer Musashi remake after this. Never got to play Fear Effect, isn't the main character a lesbian?

Pachinko

I'm down with this ! Always liked these games in spite of their issues , biggest one being load times (in the first one).

Hoping for QOL improvements. I'm usually totally fine with tank controls, but for some reason they really fucked me up in Fear Effect. I also didn't like the Dragon's Laire-esque trial & error gameplay, I wonder if they'll improve it. It was a game I really wanted to like for its setting, but the gameplay was too frustrating.

This is literally THE thing I wanted out of the SE Collective initiative <3 Would've loved to work on something like this.

Well, that and some Parasite Eve goodness </3

ReyVGM

I think you should really keep your involvement with this game to yourself. At least while the game is still in development. Companies, specially Japanese ones, don't really like when their employees or hires reveal development info without first going through a PR rep. Even if you didn't sign a NDA, it could still get you in trouble.

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Just getting off shift and my brain comprehended this as F.E.A.R..

But this is still cool.

ys45

SJW a-holes coming to ruin this in 3,....2.....1....

It's funny because the first thing that came to my mind is this :

FearEffectSedna04.jpg

Don't get me wrong I'm no SJW but not sure this kind of advertisement will pass in 2017 :p

I think you should really keep your involvement with this game to yourself. At least while the game is still in development. Companies, specially Japanese ones, don't really like when their employees or hires reveal development info without first going through a PR rep. Even if you didn't sign a NDA, it could still get you in trouble.

Mostly everyone knows what I'm doing on Fear Effect. Though I understand what you mean.

ReyVGM

I swear people didn't even read the interview because the complaints mentioned here are literally addressed in the interview.

TheOfficeMut

Unconfirmed Member
Looking at YouTube videos, this game doesn't look very good...

What does it play like? It looks even stiffer than Syphon Filter 1, and that's fucking saying something.

ReyVGM

Mostly everyone knows what I'm doing on Fear Effect. II would get in trouble if reveal important details I'm not authorized to share, but the the fact I'm the character modeler and cutscene animator isn't a secret. Though I understand what you mean.

But why risk it? You could one day unwillingly reveal something that pisses Square off. I'm not saying you can't talk about anything, just don't talk about development stuff, or what you are doing, or even make promises to fix something that might not end up getting fixed in the end.

I know you're trying to be friendly and open and are excited too, but there's a reason why big companies keep development stuff a secret.

But why risk it? You could one day unwillingly reveal something that pisses Square off. I'm not saying you can't talk about anything, just don't talk about development stuff, or what you are doing, or even make promises to fix something that might not end up getting fixed in the end.

I know you're trying to be friendly and open and are excited too, but there's a reason why big companies keep development stuff a secret.

You're right, let's do this.

Lime

These are different times. Reasons will be found. The "good ol" PSX/PS2 days are over, that's for sure.

Make Gaming Great Again aka A time where I could get my dick hard from video game advertising without anyone letting me know that such ads exclude and objectify them

I swear people didn't even read the interview because the complaints mentioned here are literally addressed in the interview.

No one is complaining, it's just some dude who wants to find a reason to complain about women with opinions

Top Bottom