February 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes March 10th

Apr 27, 2014
Was hoping for The Order to be higher--I want that sequel!

At the same time, however, it was only out for 8 days of the month and suffered terrible PR during the week before launch.

Aug 29, 2013

At the same time, however, it was only out for 8 days of the month and suffered terrible PR during the week before launch.
I don't think the sales are terrible for US alone and for it to be a platform exclusive. All the games above it despite Majoras Mask are multiplatform. The game below it sold 290,000 copied including digital, so not sure where that puts the Order except that it is somewhere above that.

Feb 24, 2014
Wii U over 90k. Might be over 100k if just talking about February 2014. 94k if they are talking about January+February 2015 compared to last year.

Feb 11, 2014
Canada eh
Next gen console exclusives are always going to show unfavourably on these charts.

However with no other major releases outside of Evolve I can't imagine it sold a lot.

It's difficult to say whether it's a complete flop.

Edit: actually nevermind if zelda sold 515k copies digitally and physically and was #1 that means the order probably only sold like 150k

Jun 23, 2013

Can't imagine that happening now. It sold somewhere between 300k and 500k retail in its launch month while receiving an absolute beating in terms of reviews and word of mouth. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, people were also saying that sales fell off a cliff on it pretty fast. I wouldn't be surprised if it does somewhere around a million sales lifetime.

I had some fun with it but the flaws were too numerous and glaring for the game to become a big hit. Alongside the terrible PR, game length, etc., Sony is lucky it was a complete and total flop.