• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2015 NPD (U.S. Hardware) Predictions - Closes March 10th

Wakka212

Was hoping for The Order to be higher--I want that sequel!

At the same time, however, it was only out for 8 days of the month and suffered terrible PR during the week before launch.

Elfstruck

WIK0pLH.png

HOLY SHIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIITTTTTTT!!!!

LOL is it safe to say PS4 > 3DS> X1

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
As for the Wii U, the company would only say that “hardware sales have increased by more than 20 percent” so far in 2015 over the same period in 2014.

Who wants to do the math?

At the same time, however, it was only out for 8 days of the month and suffered terrible PR during the week before launch.

I don't think the sales are terrible for US alone and for it to be a platform exclusive. All the games above it despite Majoras Mask are multiplatform. The game below it sold 290,000 copied including digital, so not sure where that puts the Order except that it is somewhere above that.

Welfare

Wii U over 90k. Might be over 100k if just talking about February 2014. 94k if they are talking about January+February 2015 compared to last year.

Frillen

So what are the excuses for The Order going to be?

- It came out on the 20th
- It was bundled (it wasn't)
- 9th isn't THAT bad

Next gen console exclusives are always going to show unfavourably on these charts.

However with no other major releases outside of Evolve I can't imagine it sold a lot.

It's difficult to say whether it's a complete flop.

Edit: actually nevermind if zelda sold 515k copies digitally and physically and was #1 that means the order probably only sold like 150k

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Gentlemen, we should start talking about Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate performance. Do you even understand how successful it is, considering the past episodes' performances in US?

Conduit

Banned
So what are the excuses for The Order going to be?

- It came out on the 20th
- It was bundled (it wasn't)
- 9th isn't THAT bad

In addition - slayed by gaming journalist! In the end 9th place is NOT THAT BAD!

Anyway, if PS4 is above 400k, then dayum!

Paganmoon

I don't think the sales are terrible for US alone and for it to be a platform exclusive. All the games above it despite Majoras Mask are multiplatform.

A few were also release during the fall, so shouldn't be huge numbers, right?

Really sad if this means no sequel to the order.

Gator86

Can't imagine that happening now. It sold somewhere between 300k and 500k retail in its launch month while receiving an absolute beating in terms of reviews and word of mouth. Unless I'm remembering incorrectly, people were also saying that sales fell off a cliff on it pretty fast. I wouldn't be surprised if it does somewhere around a million sales lifetime.

I had some fun with it but the flaws were too numerous and glaring for the game to become a big hit. Alongside the terrible PR, game length, etc., Sony is lucky it was a complete and total flop.

A few were also release during the fall, so shouldn't be huge numbers, right?

Really sad if this means no sequel to the order.

Yeah considering that, numbers aren't good you're right and I'm not sure digital will add that much more to that number, unless they are already counted.

Peru

YES, more Monster Hunter owners, now top 10, devotees turned MH slaves who will lap up the next release and justify continued localisation effor.t

Top Bottom