• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February 2018 Playstation Plus Line-up

DonF

Knack (PS4)
Holy shit. Finally!
E0Kqvw9.gif

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
Knack (PS4) - Meh but i'm kinda curious to see how bad it actually is.
RiME (PS4) - Great game!I have the physical version in my home 450km away from where i am now so it will be nice to get it digital as well.
StarBlood Arena (PS Plus bonus – PS VR required) - Don't care.
Spelunker HD (PS3) - Meh.
Mugen Souls Z (PS3) -Always wanted to try this! Hopefully they will continue offering niche Japanese titles like this for the PS3!
Exiles End (PS Vita) - Not really my type of game.
Grand Kingdom (PS Vita & PS4) -Super cool. I was considering getting it at some point but other gaming priorities kept me from pulling the trigger.

Overall not a bad month. Rime,Mugen Souls Z and Grand Kingdom are great choices.

BadHand

Picked up knack for $10 about 2 years ago. Actually quite good fun.

Almost bought Rime in the holiday sales... really pumped to play it.

I have VR but Strblood arena does not look like my sort of game

MrMorningMan

Neo Member
Grand Kingdom! I've always wanted to play it. I shall be downloading that - thank you very much, Sony.

I'm interested in Knack as well, but to this day I'm still not entirely sure what the general consensus is on that game.

Geki-D

Banned
Not exactly a bad month, but did we really have to get a price hike to be given first party games that are 5 years old? Can't say I've really noticed a massive increase in the quality of the third party stuff either.

fucking clutch move not biting on RiME last couple weeks i cannot wait to play that and knack? awesome month the rest dont do much for me but RiME makes it worth it

Rellik

Knack will be one of them PS Plus games I download and is still there completely untouched on my dashboard a year later.

RiME is something I'm definitely going to try and play ASAP, though.

wasn't StarBlood Arena already a pls plus game or am I simply having whatever they call the future deja vu and I can see things that have yet to come?

autoduelist

wasn't StarBlood Arena already a pls plus game or am I simply having whatever they call the future deja vu and I can see things that have yet to come?

They're giving PSVR games free in addition to the normal releases. I think there's a new one every two months or so, so this is probably 'month 2' of StarBlood. But it's in addition to our normal 6, so it's not really an issue.

Geese Howard

Neo Member
I hope these PSVR only titles remain bonuses and don't start taking spots of games you don't need an expensive headset for.

noise36

I was considering PS+ recently then realised its just a games rental service which only has a tiny selection of old games you would probably never buy anyway.

Rellik

Glad to see Knack make it, here's hoping Killzone is next :p

I hope not. I got that game with my PS4 on release and stopped playing it after an hour because I hated it so much.

Did look beautiful at the time, though. And I loved how it booted straight into the menu. I was hoping that was going to become a normal thing this gen, but I've not seen it since on console.

I was considering PS+ recently then realised its just a games rental service which only has a tiny selection of old games you would probably never buy anyway.

It also has some great sales, if that's you thing. And cloud storage.

Last edited:

nowhat

And cloud storage.
Somewhat offtopic, but here goes anyway - I know there's a limit on the total cloud saves (10GB now I think?), but is there a limit per game? Every time I fire up DA:I nowadays I get these annoying notifications that the console is unable to upload saves. I don't get it with any other game (and those DA:I saves are huge, over 800MB total if I recall right).

Hostile_18

Banned
I hope these PSVR only titles remain bonuses and don't start taking spots of games you don't need an expensive headset for.

An expensive head set that in a few months you'll have a free suite of software for. It's a great idea and should replace the PS3 offering IMO :)

Also finally Knack is here. I got the sequel for free and now this :D.

Geese Howard

Neo Member
An expensive head set that in a few months you'll have a free suite of software for. It's a great idea and should replace the PS3 offering IMO :)

Also finally Knack is here. I got the sequel for free and now this :D.
But they're not free. There's no reason PSVR shouldn't just be its own skew. The thing costs as much as a console and has games you can only play on it.

Rellik

Somewhat offtopic, but here goes anyway - I know there's a limit on the total cloud saves (10GB now I think?), but is there a limit per game? Every time I fire up DA:I nowadays I get these annoying notifications that the console is unable to upload saves. I don't get it with any other game (and those DA:I saves are huge, over 800MB total if I recall right).

I have the exact same problem with my Final Fantasy XV save and that's 692mb. It used to upload and there is a older copy in my online storage, but now it fails every time. Everything else still uploads.

Last edited:

NickFire

I've been expecting knack since launch. Knew they would eventually. Only doubt was when part 2 released and they didn't pull the trigger right before to drive sales.

Alebrije

Rime !!! Great was thinking to buy it but this is great news.....

Knack finally coming could mean we will start too see games like The Order, Killzone....etc...

Last edited:
After getting stuff like Infamous Second Son, Metal Gear Solid 5 and Deus Ex mankind divided, y'all are happy about Knack???

The sarcasm must be too thick for me.

This is a reminder that I need to claim Human Revolution.

DarkestHour

Banned
After getting stuff like Infamous Second Son, Metal Gear Solid 5 and Deus Ex mankind divided, y'all are happy about Knack???

The sarcasm must be too thick for me.

This is a reminder that I need to claim Human Revolution.

Yeah, it's sarcasm. I mean, hell, Sony just now is introducing the ability to remove old notifications on the PS4...be excited!

Top Bottom