• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February US boxart dumping ground of exciting doom

NameGenerated

Who paid you to grab Dr. Pavel?
5162C21173L._SS400_.jpg
boxart.jpg

EA has sure come a long way with box arts...

Teknoman

grandjedi6 said:
Sigh. We were doing so well too :/

Huh? Im confused. What did I do wrong?

unless this topic was for crappy games that release in feburary or something, then I retract my post about needed those box arts

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Jive Turkey said:
Don't get upset! It's a GAF tradition!

But its a GAF tradition to get upset and complain too!

Teknoman said:
Huh? Im confused. What did I do wrong?

unless this topic was for crappy games that release in feburary or something, then I retract my post about needed those box arts

This is a thread for Boxarts released in February, not games released in February

Teknoman

grandjedi6 said:
But its a GAF tradition to get upset and complain too!

This is a thread for Boxarts released in February, not games released in February

OH....well now its obvious and I feel stupid.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
Infernal Monkey said:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51NjhzBr0fL._SS500_.jpg[img]

What the fuck have they done to Speed Racer? :([/QUOTE]

They gave it to the Matrix guys

mug

Illuminati said:
Holy crap, where the hell did this game come from and why were we not made aware of it! I want to jump around dodging Chinese throwing stars until I fall back into my coffee table resulting in it breaking into little pieces.

51jl%2B2XpxqL._SS400_.jpg
Where's the quality of Nintendo seal?

Andy787

Banned
61KoI228oLL._SS400_.jpg

wtf? Konami just seems to drop these out of nowhere now. I remember the first time I knew of LiB2 was in a boxart thread, too.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Amir0x said:
I can't believe I'm going to defend Wii on its third party support, but you're being pretty disingenuous with your argument. If "production values" make something "not shovelware", then fine... but I don't believe you've played X-Squad, because if you did you'd know the production values were like 50 cents.

You use things like Ninjabread Man on the Wii side... there's a PS2 version too. So what does that say?

I'd say things like Gravity Games Bike, Army Men: Green Rogue and Arctic Thunder are all as bad as what you listed on the Wii side, and they all came out in similarly early periods of PS2 life.

No, the argument should be made not about shovelware (which follows any lead platform like maggots on a rotting corpse), but in the amount of quality third party support. In this regard, Wii is a laughable disaster compared to what PS2 managed to put together (particularly toward the end of ITS first year, vs. the end of Wii's first year). Nintendo has definitely done its best to fill the gaps in (Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime III, Fire Emblem) but third parties have not been behind it quite yet.

Sorry, but the shovelware argument is dumb.

Er...QFT...yikes.

Going to your last bit of the statement, I think it was easier for 3rd parties to switch from PS1 to PS2 because of the smash hit the PS1 was worldwide and the fact that SCE had signed very nice deals with most of the big boys to continue major IPs on PS2, Nintendo has neither luxury, the first is obvious, the GC bombed and 3rd parties are still wary of the platform (Note to 3rd party publisher execs: GET A FUCKING CLUE), but Ninty also have a very terrible record when it comes to moneyhats, they just don't do it, which hasn't helped recently either, you would have thought with their whale choking wedge they would be throwing it around like confetti, but no, they are being tighter than a scotsman in a pub on payday. (IWATA YOU BASTARD, SPREAD THE WONGA).

End mini-rant.

TJ Spyke

Mario said:
Don't worry. It might turn out okay.

The movie looks like crap (based on what media they've released), I wouldn't be surprised if they made a crappy game too. Why do they have to take stuff we love from our childhood and ruin them on the bigscreen? "Transformers" is the reason I don't like Michael Bay.

dude

dude
Gagaman said:
I think I prefer that over the PAL one:
61ZEpzSxkzL._SS400_.jpg
They're both nice, the green doesn't bother me all that much actually, but why the white background on the PAL version? it looks kinda weird.

Talamius

Super Dodgeball DS (oh god River City Ransom DS with Wifi plsplspls) and Wipeout Pulse are Day 1.

MK Wii will be as well but I would be stunned to see it hit before Smash Bros.

Gagaman

Big Nate said:
No doubt, what in the fucking hell were they thinking here?
I think they may of been trying to hide anything that would of made the game look cute or girly at all, hence why the only female character on the box is the most manly one. Talk about going out of your way to stick to the hardcore male audience. o_O

Struct09 said:
What the hell is wrong with that monkey's eyes? They all look like they had acid injected into their corneas or something.

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
TJ Spyke said:
The movie looks like crap (based on what media they've released), I wouldn't be surprised if they made a crappy game too.

I would be surprised if "they" made a crappy game, but I am biased after all.

u_neek said:

THANK YOU KOEI!!!

They managed to keep the box art 100% the same as the Japanese box, it even still has the Japanese text underneath the logo!

That helps make up for the lack of 16:9 IMO, now just give us DPLII.

Box art can sell a game, and this box is beautiful!

Top Bottom