• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

February US boxart dumping ground of exciting doom

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
aeolist said:
...am I the only one that thinks Ninja Reflex looks interesting?

Might add it to the Gamefly queue.

No, you're not the only one. It looks like a hardcore answer to the minigame genre. What's wrong with that?

Enk

makes good threads.
Infernal Monkey said:
dodgebox020108.jpg
:0

Awesome, not the best box art they could've done but at least it's inline with the style. Can't wait for this game! I wonder if the Kunio Series stamp means there's more on the way (River City Ransom please!).

Infernal Monkey said:
But MiniCopter's probably going to be awesome if the PS2 games are anything to go by. :(
Yeah, I don't know why people automatically decide it'll be shovelware. They must have something against flying RC choppers around the house.

Please please please please don't let the Mario Kart Wii disc come in a cardboard sleeve. They wouldn't do that... would they?

Gary Whitta said:
Please please please please don't let the Mario Kart Wii disc come in a cardboard sleeve. They wouldn't do that... would they?

If they do, I will laugh until I sweat blood.

They are selling it as Mario Kart w/ bonus wheel unlike the zapper which had LCBT as a bonus, so they better not fuck around.

Ugh @ the Mario Kart Wii boxart.

I don't want another wanky peripheral that I won't use, especially if it means I get the game in a cardboard sleeve.

Linkzg said:
If they do, I will laugh until I sweat blood.

They are selling it as Mario Kart w/ bonus wheel unlike the zapper which had LCBT as a bonus, so they better not fuck around.

Now on sale, Wii Sports... w/ bonus Nintendo Wii.

Grayman

jiji said:
Yeah, I don't know why people automatically decide it'll be shovelware. They must have something against flying RC choppers around the house.
My RC chopper is fun but definately a shovelware toy. way too hard to calibrate the blades so it has control.

Grayman

Gary Whitta said:
if it is a decent mario kart game it shouldn't leave the wii tho!

Soule

wow the FF:CC:RoF (lol what an acronym) US boxart is craptacular Euro boxart>>>>>>>US. In fact I find most of the boxart so far to be quite unappealing.

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
kswiston said:
Wii Play had an actual case inside that box you buy at retail. There's still hope for Mario Kart

Buh? You had to buy the box in the US? Yikes, in the UK, Both Wii Sports (In the Wii packaging) and Wii Play had usual retail boxes, I expect MK:Wii to be the same, I hope.

Durante

Soule said:
wow the FF:CC:RoF (lol what an acronym) US boxart is craptacular Euro boxart>>>>>>>US.
I don't think so. They're both bad in different ways. I'd usually expect more from Squenix.

McBacon said:
Then there's Wii Sports and Zelda Crossbow Thingy

But as was pointed out before, both Wii Sports and Link's Crossbow Training were featured as secondary items (LCT being secondary to the Zapper, Wii Sports being secondary to the Wii). In the only example so far of Nintendo bundling an accessory as a secondary feature to a game release, Wii Play, the actual game's case was included.

So I'd wager all my chips on there being a proper Mario Kart Wii case inside that box.

layzie1989 said:
http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51dRr%2BwDy7L._SS500_.jpg

That's gotta be the shittiest tagline I've ever seen

THE SEARCH FOR THE SECRET!! :lol :lol :lol
:lol Who gets paid for this? I mean, the tagline implies to me that the point of the game isn't even about finding the solution to a secret, just finding a secret. Guess we have to wait for the sequel "The Answer to the Secret".

MidiSurf

Banned
Infernal Monkey said:

Holy shit that takes me back to good old C64 times :). I had this Biathlon game where you could have heart attack if you skied too fast, it was so cool game.

And also Winter Games for C64 was sweet.

WinterGames_D2_Biathlon.gif

shinsnake

Banned
Diablos said:
ahahahahaha :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Looks like it was designed by Fox News!

Hopefully BSNBC didn't collaborate with Fox News and actually make the game. We'd get an America is the real enemy game and President Bush is just using this game to make you scared of the world!!! With commentary by Keith Olbermann, no less, special guest star Dennis Kucinich, narrating.

I just want to know if you die, does it say, "everytime you die, the terrorists win?"

Also, after watching that Ninja Reflex trailer, I'm actually kind of interested in the game, if it's budget priced.

pulga

Banned
disappeared said:

51EkW%2B87L2L._SS500_.jpg

51dRr%2BwDy7L._SS500_.jpg

Oh, PS2

See, this type of thing comes hand in hand with success. Don't act as if shovelware is a new, exclusive epidemic happening to the Wii. You'll just look ignorant.

le.phat

pulga said:
Oh, PS2

See, this type of thing comes hand in hand with success. Don't act as if shovelware is a new, exclusive epidemic happening to the Wii. You'll just look ignorant.

really now, the ps2 was only shit barraged during the last few years. Wii got its serving pretty much from the get go.

pulga

Banned
le.phat said:
really now, the ps2 was only shit barraged during the last few years. Wii got its serving pretty much from the get go.

Really now? Shovelware has been around since the dawn of consoles, PS2 in its infancy was no exception.

And the publishers making these need to take their crap somewhere, and it's obvious what the most logical destination is. People just need to stop acting as if this shitty practice is new.

Majmun

pulga said:
Really now? Shovelware has been around since the dawn of consoles, PS2 in its infancy was no exception.

And the publishers making these need to take their crap somewhere, and it's obvious what the most logical destination is. People just need to stop acting as if this shitty practice is new.

It's just pretty sad why we see shovelware instead of good 3rd party games for Wii.

Good 3rd party:shovelware ratio is like 3:7 for Wii. Maybe even worse.

pulga said:
[IG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51EkW%2B87L2L._SS500_.jpg[/IMG]
[IG]http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51dRr%2BwDy7L._SS500_.jpg[/IMG]

Oh, PS2

Except Buzz games aren't shovelware.

Top Bottom