• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FEEL THE BERN: Beware Dark Souls 3 PC/Steam users

wheeplash

Cannot stress/repeat this enough.

PSA: IF YOU GET INVADED BY THIS PERSON GET KILLED/SUICIDE/DC IMMEDIATELY

He's even streaming right now, no fucking shame: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iztSqpIb3hA

Name is: Malcolm Reynolds

He's using a hacked dagger that gives you a tremendous amount of souls when hit, so after 3-4 hits the game softbans you automatically because of its own anti-cheat system (ironic). Of course he's using speed/invi combo, be careful people.

Or just don't play Online until somebody fixes this shit.

Reddit thread: https://www.reddit.com/r/darksouls3/comments/4h4z6q/psa_if_you_get_invaded_by_malcolm_reynolds/

They need to just disable their banning system at this point (until they figure out a better system, or just don't), it is worse then dealing with the small % of hackers in the game.

SDR-UK

As I said in the OT, this is just disgusting. No one should be punished for wanting to play online and I can't believe the guy is so openly doing this with not a care in the world.

Hope for the best for the PC guys. Hope something is sorted quick and this guy is dealt with. Stay safe, PC bros.

So apparently his method is exclusively targeting people using the password "Reddit".

Man, and I was going to suggest everyone here looking for jolly cooperation use the password "GAF", but that's just asking for a deranged Gater to go and softban-hack us all, isn't it?

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
He died trying to transport or something? Anyway, good that he lost everything.

So apparently his method is exclusively targeting people using the password "Reddit".

Man, and I was going to suggest everyone here looking for jolly cooperation use the password "GAF", but that's just asking for a deranged Gater to go and softban-hack us all, isn't it?

Yes.

Lux R7

So,a good strategy for this boss is to let him take a hit or two, and then close the application to earn souls?

E-flux

Ahahaha, I remember how in Dark souls hackers were rolling around with weapons that cursed you and gave you an egg head and i thought that was bs.

Keep in mind this is just one guy doing this out of an unknown number, and more are likely to follow. This is something From needs to fix ASAP.

So,a good strategy for this boss is to let him take a hit or two, and then close the application to earn souls?
Disconnects will trigger softbans as well.

wheeplash

He's only been using the Reddit password for the last 20 minutes, he's being at it for almost 3 hours.

I assume the phantoms return home immediately because the softban is kicking in?

Yes, you're literally kicked out from the game.

I haven't seen shit like this since PSO on the Dreamcast/Gamecube lol. To be honest this is probably a good thing, by pushing it to the limit maybe Namco/FROM will actually have to do something (of course it being the weekend certainly is a problem...).

Ban Puncher

lBZsysS.jpg

I'm pretty sure console games get hacked too, it just takes longer.

It never was and never will be as easy as downloading a trainer or cheat engine. Plus as we learned from that TF2 thread today VAC is useless as well with a large part of the top TF2 players being cheaters.

Is there a way to completely disable online play? About to start but don't want to have to deal with this :(
Yes, just choose offline mode from the options menu.

"infested" lmao
Keep laffin buddy. All the arguments against cheating on PC are "I've never run into one so it's fine." I have and obviously these threads are not being made about nothing as well.

I'll admit it's kinda interesting to see his opponents being banished not by actually dying, but by being banned. Might keep an eye on this to see if someone actually manages to win...

The guy is a shit for doing this, but also FromsSofts cheat detection in this game is just as much to blame. You go to the store page and all the top reviews are people who got "anti-cheated" and soft banned for no reason.

Maybe he'll stop if someone can kill him without getting softbanned half way through the fight.

Who wants to take one for the team.

Yeah, I'm sorry From but I stopped playing because of this shit. I'll pick it up again when they fix it. I'm not risking someone else ruining my experience for me.

impact

Banned
The guy is a shit for doing this, but also FromsSofts cheat detection in this game is just as much to blame. You go to the store page and all the top reviews are people who got "anti-cheated" and soft banned for no reason.

everyone's anti-cheat is bad

Valve has the biggest FPS in the world and it's infested with hackers and they can't do shit about it.

Why would you get banned from a single player game?

Probably cuz this is an online game.

Top Bottom