• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF Versus not going to be at TGS

Kouriozan

Mar 22, 2012
France
It's going to cost them so much money that they can't afford to launch this game only on PS3(or 4).
But yeah, if Square-Enix is still waiting them for KH3, we can wait some more years...

Snaku

Banned
Sep 15, 2005
I am sooo glad these guys didn't spread their stupid to Eidos.
This is the one case where I'm actually in favor of a Japanese developer handing their IP over to a western one. Square's incompetence has reached an astounding level.

clemenx

Banned
Dec 5, 2008
I don't understand. They talk about bringing back the Final Fantasy brand to its former glory and they focus on a game that isn't even universally loved? I personally like XIII and XIII-2 just fine but they're not even close to top tier Final Fantasy.
I know they said the brand was damaged thanks mostly to FF XIV but jeez.

Cmagus

Mar 4, 2007
I think this pretty much confirms that this is going to go next gen and they are probably reworking this on that new engine. That or it has been cancelled and they are going to slowly let it die out.

LiquidSolid

Aug 15, 2010
Are you happy, FF13 fans? Go suck on lightning's ball or something.

wait. sorry. she doesn't have balls.
Yeah, I'm sure LR is the ONLY reason it's not out yet. It couldn't possibly be that the KH team are taking for fucking ever and Square Enix want to spend their marketing budget on games that will actually come out in the next year.

StuBurns

Banned
Jan 9, 2008
This non-news is on page two after half an hour, while the XIV thread, with media in it, isn't on page two after hours.

SE, ya'll done fucked up.

Jarmel

Banned
Mar 3, 2010
I think this pretty much confirms that this is going to go next gen and they are probably reworking this on that new engine. That or it has been cancelled and they are going to slowly let it die out.
I don't know. Didn't 12 release late in the PS2 lifecycle?

Magnus

Jun 13, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Foregone conclusion.

Still baffled as to why so many people over the years got themselves so excited about a game with barely any real content or meat shown off for it. Likewise for The Last Guardian.

nelsonroyale

Sep 16, 2006
To be honest I would probably prefer if they just put it on next gen consoles....that way we might even get an FF sooner in next generation

SykoTech

Sep 3, 2010
This is obviously the game Noruma was referring to when he said a project was preventing him from talking about Versus XIII much. But is he going to have to remain tight lipped until Lightning Returns is released?

That'd be depressing if so.
Well, looks like I got my answer. :/

And to think, KHIII is being held up by Versus which is being held by this constant milking of FFXIII.

Why Square? Why?

Feb 6, 2011
United States
Foregone conclusion.

Still baffled as to why so many people over the years got themselves so excited about a game with barely any real content or meat shown off for it. Likewise for The Last Guardian.
I only got hyped after seeing the really cool 6 minute trailer, which looked mostly great.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sep 1, 2006
-
I don't know. Didn't 12 release late in the PS2 lifecycle?
They released Chrono Cross late in the PS1 cycle, just like XII in the PS2 cycle. Versus XIII will be the same.

DaBuddaDa

Sep 12, 2004
Seems to me now like Versus is going to be next gen, which would explain why they aren't (can't/aren't allowed) to show it off yet. They're 2013 focus is clearly this new Lightning game, and by 2014 we'll have new hardware.

Jarmel

Banned
Mar 3, 2010
Yeah, I'm sure LR is the ONLY reason it's not out yet. It couldn't possibly be that the KH team are taking for fucking ever and Square Enix want to spend their marketing budget on games that will actually come out in the next year.
Maybe if they actually put staff on the game instead of LR, we might get it next year. Instead we have the janitor working on it in his spare tiime.

Jigsaw

Banned
Apr 20, 2006
remember 2 years ago when they announced 13-2?we all joked we would get 13-3 before vs13 too,now look :D

Zaki2407

Oct 29, 2011
For god sake, just give us 1 or 2 new images and a "coming soon" slapped on it. How hard can it be? @_@

AOC83

Banned
May 29, 2012
So let´s summarize:

NO Versus XIII

NO FF X HD

NO Type 0

Therefore we get:

The Lightning saga

FF XIV the fucking MMO part 2

The good new is, where at a point where it can´t get any worse.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
Mar 14, 2010
I can't wait till this "Lightning Saga" is over so they can stop moving people onto it instead of projects that haven't already declined.

So let´s summarize:

NO Versus XIII

NO FF X HD\

NO Type 0

Therefore we get:

The Lightning saga

FF XIV the fucking MMO part 2

The good new is, where at a point where it can´t get any worse.
They cancel vsXIII, X HD and no Type 0 for outside of Japan. Instead, FFXIII-4!
It could be worse, don't mock them, lol.

slightconfuse

Banned
Apr 23, 2012
Not even a trailer what is going on at square these days.

One game I want to play they won't show. The other they won't bring over.

No keep shoving lightning an co down our mouths by all means

Danny Dudekisser

Formerly 'Chacranajxy'
Oct 13, 2008
I wonder if they'll at least say something about FFX HD, then?

Probably not. Why bother with the two FF games people actually give a shit about?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Sep 1, 2006
-

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Jan 18, 2007
The Confederate United States of America
This non-news is on page two after half an hour, while the XIV thread, with media in it, isn't on page two after hours.

SE, ya'll done fucked up.
That speaks volumes on how they've blundered the FF name. SE and FF are not the power they once were. It's beyond sad that SE is more known to me for publishing western games than their own bread and butter.

brandonh83

Banned
Jun 26, 2005
Ugh stop calling it the LIGHTNING SAGA, all my brain shows me is TWILIGHT SAGA

Anyway, relax guys, the game is coming along very well!