• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF Versus not going to be at TGS

Pranay

橋本さんと今日はいろいろ話せた。東京ゲームショウではヴェルサスはないっぽい。まずはライトニングサーガ完結とFF14に全力を注ぐとのこと。

https://twitter.com/shar_online/status/241875192857640961

My rough translation:
I talked to Hashimoto-san about various things. It seems that Versus XIII won't be at TGS. They are concentrating all their resources into the conclusion of the Lightning saga and FFXIV.

EDIT - Not a official statement !

So disappointing :|

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
At least FFX HD will be shown, right?

Shinji Hashimoto: "No comment"

Blablurn

2ufq4gy1.gif

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Are you happy, FF13 fans? Go suck on lightning's ball or something.

wait. sorry. she doesn't have balls.
Real classy. Stay stop tier, friend.

I'm curious, why is everyone so excited about Versus? What exactly have they shown that would get people so hyped that it has elevated to near-mythic levels on the level of Half-Life 3? All I've seen is a single screenshot of some Yakuza-themed men in a city.

Diablos54

I thought we were going to see more of it after XIII-2 was released? Now that goes for XIII-3? Fuck you S-E, at this rate I won't even buy Verses out of spite!

Anth0ny

jesus christ

and they'll do the same when xiii-4 is released

might as well just release it on ps4 at this point. it won't be out before late 2014.

Yoshichan

I was under the impression that this was already confirmed a while back.
You're just mixing up this years' TGS, with last year. And the year before that. And the year before that.

. . .and I'm done with the Japanese arm of SquareEnix.

I care not for Lightning. I've wanted Versus more than any other game for years. I can't be bothered with this shit.

Its amazing how a company can burn away such good will. Squaresoft how I miss thee.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Yeah like I posted in the LR thread *slow clap*. Looking back, it's kind of funny that people were actually expecting SE to show more stuff about Versus after FFXIII came out in 2010.

Are you happy, FF13 fans? Go suck on lightning's ball or something.

wait. sorry. she doesn't have balls.

Dude.

Yoshichan

I'm curious, why is everyone so excited about Versus? What exactly have they shown that would get people so hyped that it has elevated to near-mythic levels on the level of Half-Life 3? All I've seen is a single screenshot of some Yakuza-themed men in a city.
From the other thread:
It's because of the hype it's been gathering up since the reveal of this generation consoles. We got to see a darker side of XIII, and the overall design of the characters looked really promising. Also, the latest trailer looked really good (although the gameplay seemed really rough, but it's in super alpha-stages):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YiIx9VJWSl8

It invokes the vibes of previous Final Fantasies, has elements that were missing from the more recent titles, it is being developed by a team that created the Kingdom Hearts series and written by the writer behind FFVII and FFX, two arguably most loved FF titles.

sublimit

Banned
Like i said in the Lightning thread:

"Someone should change that epic The Last Of Us gif by replacing Sony with SE."

Cake Boss

Banned
The worst publisher this generation. Almost as bad as Capcom who at least shells out its games no matter how shitty they are.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Good to hear. SE needs to spend all their time and effort on LR which has a lot of potential to be a really cool game. Hopefully theres some snippets of that at TGS.

RPGCrazied

Of course its not. Its pretty obvious if this comes out, it won't be for 360/PS3 but for next generation systems.

Huff

Banned
I don't know why people are surprised. This game, if it exists, isnt going to come out while they put out lightning games

Top Bottom