• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF Versus not going to be at TGS

Sid

I have only played crisis core and didn't like it but the trailers for this game looked good too bad about the release,why did square not finish this game first and then moved on to the lightning 'saga'?

Why doesnt anyone in gaming "media" ( i know, i know...lulz) press the issue with SE and Wada. I mean, they have made many comments in the past that after FF13-2 focus would shift to Versus but that hasnt actually happened.

Has Nomura made any public appearances either?

MechaX

FFXIV just went through a complete remake and Versus is still no where to be seen, laughable

Well, I could understand why SE is hauling ass to salvage XIV.

Their attention to XIII is just baffling when considering its divisiveness, and the lower sales of the sequel no one wanted, now getting a sequel that they probably just started to make a few months ago in the form of a game type SE has not made in years (and the last action-ish game they made was... Dirge of Cerberus).

UberTag

I find it amusing that they're going to showcase a game that just went into development last month (I guess they were busy with taxing DLC until then - not to mention getting June & July off as a reward) - and their latest attempt to salvage their MMO market over a title that's supposedly been in the works for over half a decade.

What a terribly mismanaged joke of a company. (Plus FFX HD is still vaporware.)

Jigsaw

Banned
the game is dead folks,they will use whatever they had finished for 13-3 and be done with it (vs13 was open world real time action,so will be 13-3,coincidence?)

making vs13 into an advent children like movie is the only hope i have left

Anth0ny

I wouldn't bet on that.

You think they'll release Versus XIII on two dead consoles? Again, it won't be out until late 2014 at the earliest, probably 2015 at this rate. Next gen will be pretty far along as that point.

How long until the "The Last Guardian will not be at TGS" thread?

Necrovex

I'm curious, why is everyone so excited about Versus? What exactly have they shown that would get people so hyped that it has elevated to near-mythic levels on the level of Half-Life 3? All I've seen is a single screenshot of some Yakuza-themed men in a city.

From someone which has no interest in the Half-life series, I could ask the exact same thing about Half Life 3. Hell, we have gotten more media for Versus than HF3.

Ryuuga

Banned
I didn't ask for a Lightning saga.

twewyioszsjii.png

sublimit

Banned
I bet the game is finished and they are just afraid for their lives to announce that it's going multiplatform.

I think pretty much everyone expects it to go multiplatform at some point.

Personally i think the reason they don't show anything from it ,is because it would make the Lightning games look like shit.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I'm so tired of SE's mishandling of Final Fantasy. The games I want are not being shown or not being brought over.

Haunted

I could pull at least 30 posts out of my "Versus won't be at E3" thread back in May where people scolded me for treating this as news as it obviously wasn't going to be at E3, because "it's a TGS game".

lol

Forever

Banned
I have a feeling that the making of this game will not be worth it to Square, especially since it basically cost them KH3.

Unless they're adding costumes. Lots of costumes.

Jarmel

Banned
I wouldn't be surprised if this game had been canned and they used the overworld for LR.

How the fuck are we still not getting media for this if the game isn't canned?

Top Bottom