• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF Versus not going to be at TGS

Kouriozan

It's going to cost them so much money that they can't afford to launch this game only on PS3(or 4).
But yeah, if Square-Enix is still waiting them for KH3, we can wait some more years...

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I wouldn't be surprised if this game had been canned and they used the overworld for LR.

How the fuck are we still not getting media for this if the game isn't canned?
SE thinks the series has the pull that it once had. My once feverish enthusiasm for the franchise is on life support.

clemenx

Banned
I don't understand. They talk about bringing back the Final Fantasy brand to its former glory and they focus on a game that isn't even universally loved? I personally like XIII and XIII-2 just fine but they're not even close to top tier Final Fantasy.
I know they said the brand was damaged thanks mostly to FF XIV but jeez.

Zeroneo

Can we get a CG render or something? Christ. A screenshot?! Anything?!?!??!

T_T

noctsketch.jpg

Cmagus

I think this pretty much confirms that this is going to go next gen and they are probably reworking this on that new engine. That or it has been cancelled and they are going to slowly let it die out.

Are you happy, FF13 fans? Go suck on lightning's ball or something.

wait. sorry. she doesn't have balls.

Yeah, I'm sure LR is the ONLY reason it's not out yet. It couldn't possibly be that the KH team are taking for fucking ever and Square Enix want to spend their marketing budget on games that will actually come out in the next year.

StuBurns

Banned
This non-news is on page two after half an hour, while the XIV thread, with media in it, isn't on page two after hours.

SE, ya'll done fucked up.

Jarmel

Banned
I think this pretty much confirms that this is going to go next gen and they are probably reworking this on that new engine. That or it has been cancelled and they are going to slowly let it die out.

I don't know. Didn't 12 release late in the PS2 lifecycle?

Magnus

Foregone conclusion.

Still baffled as to why so many people over the years got themselves so excited about a game with barely any real content or meat shown off for it. Likewise for The Last Guardian.

To be honest I would probably prefer if they just put it on next gen consoles....that way we might even get an FF sooner in next generation

SykoTech

This is obviously the game Noruma was referring to when he said a project was preventing him from talking about Versus XIII much. But is he going to have to remain tight lipped until Lightning Returns is released?

That'd be depressing if so.

Well, looks like I got my answer. :/

And to think, KHIII is being held up by Versus which is being held by this constant milking of FFXIII.

Why Square? Why?

Foregone conclusion.

Still baffled as to why so many people over the years got themselves so excited about a game with barely any real content or meat shown off for it. Likewise for The Last Guardian.

I only got hyped after seeing the really cool 6 minute trailer, which looked mostly great.

LiquidMetal14

Yeah, I'm sure LR is the ONLY reason it's not out yet. It couldn't possibly be that the KH team are taking for fucking ever and Square Enix want to spend their marketing budget on games that will actually come out in the next year.
FFv13 is on par with TLG in development hell.

Foregone conclusion.

Uh Last Guardian hype started in 2009, we've been waiting for VersusXIII ever since 2006 listening to Somnus.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I don't know. Didn't 12 release late in the PS2 lifecycle?
They released Chrono Cross late in the PS1 cycle, just like XII in the PS2 cycle. Versus XIII will be the same.

DaBuddaDa

Seems to me now like Versus is going to be next gen, which would explain why they aren't (can't/aren't allowed) to show it off yet. They're 2013 focus is clearly this new Lightning game, and by 2014 we'll have new hardware.

Jarmel

Banned

Maybe if they actually put staff on the game instead of LR, we might get it next year. Instead we have the janitor working on it in his spare tiime.

AOC83

Banned
So let´s summarize:

NO Versus XIII

NO FF X HD

NO Type 0

Therefore we get:

The Lightning saga

FF XIV the fucking MMO part 2

The good new is, where at a point where it can´t get any worse.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
I can't wait till this "Lightning Saga" is over so they can stop moving people onto it instead of projects that haven't already declined.

So let´s summarize:

NO Versus XIII

NO FF X HD\

NO Type 0

Therefore we get:

The Lightning saga

FF XIV the fucking MMO part 2

The good new is, where at a point where it can´t get any worse.

They cancel vsXIII, X HD and no Type 0 for outside of Japan. Instead, FFXIII-4!
It could be worse, don't mock them, lol.

Not even a trailer what is going on at square these days.

One game I want to play they won't show. The other they won't bring over.

No keep shoving lightning an co down our mouths by all means

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
I wonder if they'll at least say something about FFX HD, then?

Probably not. Why bother with the two FF games people actually give a shit about?

LiquidMetal14

This non-news is on page two after half an hour, while the XIV thread, with media in it, isn't on page two after hours.

SE, ya'll done fucked up.
That speaks volumes on how they've blundered the FF name. SE and FF are not the power they once were. It's beyond sad that SE is more known to me for publishing western games than their own bread and butter.

Ugh stop calling it the LIGHTNING SAGA, all my brain shows me is TWILIGHT SAGA

Anyway, relax guys, the game is coming along very well!

Top Bottom