• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 International available on Japanese PSN (see post #86 for info)

neo2046

Final Fantsy 7 International (PS 1) to be available at Playstation Network
http://gemaga.sbcr.jp/archives/2009/04/ffviipsp.html
090410_183511930.jpg

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
International, even! That's actually enticing.

Manager

Doesn't it mention FFVIIACC?

edit
Translate:
Play FFVII on the PSP!

Today, FFVIIACC the premiere screening of the ARIMASHI, PSN has been announced in the delivery of FFVII.

Play FFVII on the PSP!

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
2u8jc5j.jpg

If I had more than ¥300 in my account I'd buy it right now. I have always wanted to play international.

RevenantKioku

Internationals, I believe, always have Japanese text and English versions of the VA.

RevenantKioku

flipping_heck said:
Oh my.. bring it over here!!
Well, that's the funny thing. International wouldn't come to any non-Japanese PSN stores. That doesn't mean they won't put up other versions elsewhere, but. Heh.
AranhaHunter said:
I logged into my JP account and couldn't find it, how do I go about finding it?
First option under what's new.
ファイナルファンタジーVIIインターナショナル(PS3®/PSP®用)

Grayman

RevenantKioku said:
Internationals, I believe, always have Japanese text and English versions of the VA.
VII had no VA...

XII international had jobs and things, does VIIi have anything special or is it just the NA/EU version(extra weapon bosses added?) for japan?

jiggle

NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ><

at least that means a fully functional FF8 won't be far behind :/

RevenantKioku

Grayman said:
VII had no VA...
15fnjtu.jpg

XII international had jobs and things, does VIIi have anything special or is it just the NA/EU version(extra weapon bosses added?) for japan?
I don't own it, but I thought it came with a 4th disc of bonus crap? I can't remember if the game itself had any other changes.

Tailzo

RevenantKioku said:

You mean translated text, right?

The North American and PAL versions of Final Fantasy VII made substantial changes to the original Japanese version. Several areas of gameplay had been made more difficult by adding in new bosses. Random battle rates had been cut down, and Materia swapping between characters was made easier. Along with this, a flashback of Cloud and Zack was added in. A re-release of the North American version of Final Fantasy VII was made in Japan only, called "Final Fantasy VII International", the very first International Version, a semi-recurring feature of the series. It included a special fourth disc that gave maps, character information, design sketches and other trivia

The International Version is a recurring Japan-only edition of several games in the Final Fantasy series. These versions reflect the changes made in the international adaptation of the original versions of the games, including the new story elements and gameplay changes. More recent International versions included completely new features the games with optional tweaks in gameplay, new Superbosses, and bonus dungeons. They often come with extra information like design art, interviews with the creators, maps, and other features. Notably, as time goes on, the International versions continue to make increasingly more and more extreme changes to their gameplay. The games of the Kingdom Hearts series all have had International versions, with similar changes made.

I can't really find any confirmation of this

RevenantKioku said:
Well, that's the funny thing. International wouldn't come to any non-Japanese PSN stores. That doesn't mean they won't put up other versions elsewhere, but. Heh.

First option under what's new.
&#12501;&#12449;&#12452;&#12490;&#12523;&#12501;&#12449;&#12531;&#12479;&#12472;&#12540;VII&#12452;&#12531;&#12479;&#12540;&#12490;&#12471;&#12519;&#12490;&#12523;&#65288;PS&#65299;®/PSP®&#29992;&#65289;

Found it thanks.

Fuck JP PSOne selection is FUCKING AWESOME, SCEA selection sucks more dicks than Tito Ortiz's girlfriend.

RevenantKioku

Oh, that's right. The Japanese version of FF7 has atrocious Materia handling.

KTallguy

Banned
The US version of FFVII had a bunch of added stuff that the JP version did not have when it first came out. The game was re-released in Japan with the added stuff from the NA version, and they called it "International".

jiggle said:
NOOOOOOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ><

at least that means a fully functional FF8 won't be far behind :/

Hopefully they'll release FFVIII to coincide with XIII and FFIX with VS XIII.

If only that meant anything for the rest of the world...

Rpgmonkey

So there's nothing major that's different from the NA version right?

I might pick it up someday, always wanted to play the game in Japanese, to see if I'd end up finding the game's story more understandable and less strange and goofy.

Oh, and because it seems obligatory to mention the issue in every FFVII topic: lol FFVII remake not happening this gen.

SCEA needs to bring this over to the US and Europe. I will never understand why they avoided bringing Resident Evil and Metal Gear Solid, but not bringing this over would be ridiculous. I already own the PSOne version of this game, but I might buy it again just to go through it again just because I loved it.

Somnid

After announcing FF 1-6 for the VC I was wondering when this would happen. Much sooner that I had expected, though it still means shit for the US and Europe. Hopefully something comes of this.

thuway

I really don't understand what the hell is going on. Why can't SCEA just release the goddamn games in America? Why is there such a polarity between two different regions?

Sony is full of bullshit. SCEA brings home the PS3 titles with Naughty Dog and Santa Monica, meanwhile SCEJ puts out shit like Folk Lore.

SCEA brings almost zero to the PSN network in terms of PS1 games and Home Spaces, yet Japan gets Final Fantasy VII.

WHY?

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
KTallguy said:
The US version of FFVII had a bunch of added stuff that the JP version did not have when it first came out. The game was re-released in Japan with the added stuff from the NA version, and they called it "International".
This should've been the 2nd post just to stop the mindless fools speculating and grasping for straws with RK playing ring-around-the-rosies for fun.

Rpgmonkey said:
So there's nothing major that's different from the NA version right?

I might pick it up someday, always wanted to play the game in Japanese, to see if I'd end up finding the game's story more understandable and less strange and goofy.

Oh, and because it seems obligatory to mention the issue in every FFVII topic: lol FFVII remake not happening this gen.

Unfortunately, you are probably correct. It seems like Square Enix hates to make money this generation.

thuway said:
I really don't understand what the hell is going on. Why can't SCEA just release the goddamn games in America? Why is there such a polarity between two different regions?

Sony is full of bullshit. SCEA brings home the PS3 titles with Naughty Dog and Santa Monica, meanwhile SCEJ puts out shit like Folk Lore.

SCEA brings almost zero to the PSN network in terms of PS1 games and Home Spaces, yet Japan gets Final Fantasy VII.

WHY?

Folklore is awesome
shut it.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Rhazer Fusion said:
Unfortunately, you are probably correct. It seems like Square Enix hates to make money this generation.
They are making money. It's called Dragon Quest IX.

jiggle

Philanthropist said:
Hopefully they'll release FFVIII to coincide with XIII and FFIX with VS XIII.

Doubt it lol. This probably give some ppl a chance to play/replay the game before the movie comes out next week.

Although i'm down with a FF8 and FF9 CG movie :D

Rhazer Fusion said:

Who would make it? The main FF team members are locked up with XIII and Versus.

Top Bottom