• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FF7 Remake: Japanese controversy regarding new Aerith design

LordRaptor

Hey Aeris, why the long face?

juPkF5Z.gif

oh, right.

shark sandwich

tenuously links anime, pedophile and incels
xYkRnAV.jpg

Ok i made it more suitable for the japanese weeb pervs.
I used a special photo editing AI software to simulate ideal looks of Aerith.

i am pretty sure square will contact me soon to make this happen.

Thank You
Looks like Pyra from Xenoblade 2. Hope they crank the jiggle factor up to 11. Where can I buy the love pillow?

Last edited:

TeamGhobad

Banned
japanese people are crazy. she looks better more realistic in the original. japanese people need to get rid of their pre-teen big eyed dollface fetish. its creepy af.

Saber

Gold Member
I'm gonna agree with some here. Not something too worrysome. Its just a very small change, nothing that would be that much notable.

Nickolaidas

Make Aerith's face a little long, no one bats an eye ...

But make Tifa flat-chested … AND EVERYONE IS LOSING THEIR MINDS!!!

To be frank, I fully expect them to give Tifa her Advent Children attire.

lock2k

Banned
Make Aerith's face a little long, no one bats an eye ...

But make Tifa flat-chested … AND EVERYONE IS LOSING THEIR MINDS!!!

To be frank, I fully expect them to give Tifa her Advent Children attire.

Did they actually make Tifa flat chested?

PSFan

Look, we really need to get to the meat of the whole subject around this remake...

Show us Tifa's tits!

This is what everyone is waiting for in order to have a civilized discussion.
Everything else is just the free bread before the meal.

To extrapolate.
Tifa's tits represent the castle gate.
If they have beached and torn down the gate then I'm want to know what else they have fucked with beyond.
If the gate is fine. Then i'm probably not too concerned.

I dunno, I'm thinking Tifa hasn't been unveiled yet because of Sony censorship fuckery and they told SE to go back and tone her down.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Japan doesn't give a single fuck about SJW and this whole Social Media madness.

I'm so hyped to see SJW's reaction at the Honey Bee Inn

17kjwtsa4ih5ljpg.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Sadly not always true. Just look at Fire Emblem Fates or Tokyo Mirage Sessions. Both had gratuitous amounts of censorship.

A.Romero

I can accept either, personally.
I'm not willing to compromise Tifa, though. The real FF7 waifu.

If anyone has trouble understanding why, please read this post:

Look, we really need to get to the meat of the whole subject around this remake...

Show us Tifa's tits!

To extrapolate.
If they have beached and torn down the gate then I'm want to know what else they have fucked with beyond.

Is not that tits by themselves are so important. Is just that fans (including myself) expect some sense of fidelity to the original materials. Specially stuff that would only be changed to align with a specific market just so they won't put up a fuss.

Personally, I'll be very disappointed if Square decides to change it. Seeing what the community's reaction to changes to Aerith I bet they will think twice about it, at least.

I think her face on the left (original) looks more distinct compared to the typical button-nosed/small-faced-woman-with-large-eyes-framed-by-her-hair school of Japanese character design. The corrected version looks generic. The longer face also lends her a more maternal, distinguished impression.
I agree about the longer face but her eyes, nose, mouth and hair look exactly the same.

lifa-cobex

Is not that tits by themselves are so important. Is just that fans (including myself) expect some sense of fidelity to the original materials. Specially stuff that would only be changed to align with a specific market just so they won't put up a fuss.

Personally, I'll be very disappointed if Square decides to change it. Seeing what the community's reaction to changes to Aerith I bet they will think twice about it, at least.
Yes.
I can go with the fact that the original character sprites look very chibi, kinda?
So in some moments the humor might not translate too well (Thinking about the Huni Bee inn ). As in it won't be as funny and might stick out as odd looking.
But their is a definite line that fans know where not to cross.

But Tits are important :messenger_smiling_with_eyes:

ROMhack

Quite interesting. It doesn't matter much I guess but I really liked that first design - the longer face looked more human and distinctive.

Japan is Japan though so we know they like cute; a rounder face looks younger and, well, Japan is Japan.

Last edited:

Varteras

Gold Member
I think she looked beautiful in the new trailer. Call me weird, but Aerith looking more mature isn't some kind of a turn-off to me. From watching the video it sounded like a few people in Japan didn't like that she looked "older". Apparently someone in their early 20's is still supposed to have a childish face. Though what do I expect from a pop culture that treats anyone over the age of 25 as old?

chaos789

Banned
Time for everyone to become outraged about trivial and insigificant things again.

This outrage culture from both sides is exhausting. Just makes me believe smoking marjiuana should be mandatory.

brap

Banned
Time for everyone to become outraged about trivial and insigificant things again.

This outrage culture from both sides is exhausting. Just makes me believe smoking marjiuana should be mandatory.
haha yeah dude who cares about anything just smoke some weed haha

• LOL
Reactions: Isa

Show us Tifa's tits!

To extrapolate.

Tifa is what it all comes down to for me as well.

She simply has to still have a large chest, that's all there is to it, it doesn't have to be completely cartoonish or anything, but there are plenty of real life women who naturally have large breasts, there's literally no reason it can't be done with the remake's more realistic style.

Enjay

Banned
xYkRnAV.jpg

Ok i made it more suitable for the japanese weeb pervs.

I used a special photo editing AI software (T.A.R.D) to simulate the ideal looks of Aerith.

i am pretty sure square will contact me soon.

Thank You
And now it's an even more blown up american controversy. lol

Top Bottom