• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers Website (Releasing NA 26.12.09)

Penguin

Well this is a perfect day, to use up all the extra gift cards/money from X-mas.

Also works doubly well if a ton of people get Wiis for X-mas and go into the store looking for games.

A Twisty Fluken said:
12/26 makes more sense than it might seem. People come rolling into Best Buy/etc. with gift cards, exchanges, and so on.
Right, but if you release it before Christmas, the game will not magically disappear after Christmas

Best Buy won't take it off the shelves because it existed in a pre-Christmas world.

S-E are crazy for pushing this out a day after Christmas (Really, they can't be cutting it that close to the wire with localisation that they couldn't push it forward a week surely?!) but I'm not complaining really! I wonder if this means that there's a smidgen of a chance that we might get FF13 sometime soonish as well!

legend166

Man, the game got sent to die.

All the 'well people will use gift cards!' reasoning is a load of crap. any sales they might get that way would be a fraction of what they'd get for christmas sales.

legend166 said:
Man, the game got sent to die.

All the 'well people will use gift cards!' reasoning is a load of crap. any sales they might get that way would be a fraction of what they'd get for christmas sales.

True, though, Boxing Day is a big sales day.

legend166

AceBandage said:
True, though, Boxing Day is a big sales day.

Well yeah, but key word is 'sales'. People go looking for discounted items, not a $50 game.

It's a horrible release date, no matter how you look at it. Especially for a game with a well known name. Shoppers flock to established names during Christmas shopping. They would have got sales from the Final Fantasy name alone. Probably not heaps, but more than they'll get from releasing it where they did.

I have a feeling there is, no matter how good or bad FFXIII and CB end of being, going to be a huge system warz battle between Playstation and Nintendo fans about which title is the better game.

grandjedi6

Master of the Google Search
The last time a game release on the 26th of December was back in 2006 when Bubble Bobble Evolution released. And that was still a Tuesday.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Mr. Wonderful said:
I have a feeling there is, no matter how good or bad FFXIII and CB end of being, going to be a huge system warz battle between Playstation and Nintendo fans about which title is the better game.

:lol This is a culmination of events that began in the 32/64 bit days. What you speak of is inevitable.

grandjedi6

Mr. Wonderful said:
Its already happening. Just look at all the "Well I'm anticipating BLANK far more than BLANK" posts that have popped up.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Mr. Wonderful said:
Actually since most people don't give a rat's ass about CB the only "war" will be between FFXIII 360 and FFXIII PS3.

:|

I would really love to know their reasoning for this. Such a big title completely lost in a limbo time of the year, why? Why not make a bigger deal out of it? I honestly can't understand why they seemingly just send something out and go meh. Why did they localise it to begin with if they didn't really care how it went?

Bastards, I import so because of a date like that I probably wont see it till 2010 because of shipping holidays etc etc. Why not just release it early December or something? Like someone already mentioned its not like shops will TAKE IT OFF THE SHELF if it comes out BEFORE Xmas, it'll still be there afterwards for people with those gift cards and newly opened Wii presents.

Ugh.

batbeg

EatChildren said:
Ship millions, SE. Millions. So many that Boxing Day shopping gamer see nothing but walls lined with this fucker. Everything else? Sold out. This? Millions. Everywhere.

Do ittttt.

Haha, yeees, do it!

Hopefully Square-Enix put out a press release for PAL today... pleeeease... pretty please!

grandjedi6

AceBandage said:
They're both going to be great games, but CB seems to do more to advance the series than 13, so I'm more anxious to play it.
How? The two games aren't even a part of the same genre!

batbeg

...not going to get a PAL confirmation, are we...? :(

Mr. Wonderful said:

FFCC was better than FFX.

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
I wonder why they changed the date. Quite rare to see this happening with SE, usually it's the opposite that goes on.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
just dropping in to give this game my support.

it looks fantastic, and like it's not stuck up its own ass, which is a big plus these days in this genre.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
beelzebozo said:
it looks fantastic, and like it's not stuck up its own ass, which is a big plus these days in this genre.

Totally agree. It doesn't look like its trying to be epic, pretentious, or anything else like that. It just looks like they're throwing a bunch of cool ideas together and disregarding everything else.

I have a feeling this is going to be No More Heroes-esque for me; the day it arrives I put it in my Wii, and it doesn't come out until it’s finished.

TunaLover said:
OTFFCC.jpg

Tight

beelzebozo said:
just dropping in to give this game my support.

My friend was right, you are on of the best posters ever.

Until you disagree with me, that is. :lol

kenji

meh, there are some point in the game in which the framerate is shit

i seriously hope they fix this before the game comes out

Balloons = Cuckoos(minus the swarm of doom that ensues when you attack them)?

:lol At the alien abduction thing, it would be a nice reference if they used that alien thing from FF8.

Gospel

Parmesan et Romano
This game looks so badass. I'll end up talking about buying it, but when it comes out, I'll forget all about it :(

Meesh

If there were a limited edition Wii bundle, I'd buy it...never imagined I'd be playing an FF like this, or that I'd want to that bad.

Top Bottom