• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFCC: The Crystal Bearers - What happend?

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
PolyGone said:
First they need to "test the waters" on the Wii with Echoes of Time, which will probably fail so badly that they'll have all the excuse they need to cancel Crystal Bearers. Get it?

I hope SE isn't that dumb, tCB is one of the few Wii games that I've been really looking forward to.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
duckroll said:
Yes, it says that in the menu of the Wii edition of the game, you can access the latest special trailer for Crystal Bearers.
HELL YEAH

batbeg

HOOOOLYYYY FUUUUUCK YEEEES! Holy shit I am so happy right now :D Am I right in thinking this means we'll have gone something like 20 months without a new trailer, or am I misremembering the time scale of things?

[Nintex]

batbeg said:
HOOOOLYYYY FUUUUUCK YEEEES! Holy shit I am so happy right now :D Am I right in thinking this means we'll have gone something like 20 months without a new trailer, or am I misremembering the time scale of things?
The last trailer was released May 2007

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
batbeg said:

yeah, last trailer we got was from the SE Party back in may 2007...

durckroll thx for the confirmation :D

Fuu

Formerly Alaluef (not Aladuf)
Thank God, but as much as I want to see the game part of why I'm glad comes from the fact I won't have to see every damn Crystal Chronicles related thread being derailed by baseless speculation of Bearers being cancelled, how SE sucks for cancelling it, etc.

batbeg

wsippel said:
It's a "special" trailer. I guess it'll include three or four seconds of new footage.

Frankly, I consider the fact they're releasing a trailer with it the big news, not necessarily seeing the new trailer :lol It suggests that the game is alive to me, which is good enough for me.

Though I will cream over those three or four seconds as well.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
This isnt FF13/Versus or any other Nomura/Kitase Project - i expect a whole New Trailer.

duckroll

Mr. Pointy said:
Well, at least Square figured out how to move all those copies of EoT on Wii.

I don't think that's going to move anything, since I'm pretty sure the trailer will be on youtube before the official release day arrives. :p

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Awesome news, but I cant help but be concerned as to what kind of quality we're going to see.

The last trailer was over a year and a half ago, and while interesting didn't really show much to sell the game. Square-Enix have given The Crystal Bearers nothing short of the shaft when it comes to their roster of games, to the point where they announce seemingly far less interesting titles before showing anything new of an existing title.

I wont be surprised if the quality of the title looks to be very average, or if it's gotten a complete overhaul.

Either way, I hope the end result it something to look forward to.

beje

Banned
So, how many bets about the game finally converted into Final Fantasy Belts'nZippers: The Crystal Bearers?

I am soooo shocked that it isn't dead, so shocked indeed.

Oh sarcasm, how fun you are.

Seriously, we went through this with FFIII on DS - why are people so surprised when SE basically show things whenever they're damn well feel like it and no sooner.

But as usual people enjoy their ZOMG ITS CANCELED!!! conclusion jumping time.

Conrad Link said:

Seriously, we went through this with FFIII on DS - why are people so surprised when SE basically show things whenever they're damn well feel like it and no sooner.

I think it's hilarious.

It allows me and others ample opportunity to say:

"GAF can never be right!"

*cue cheesy 80's sitcom music and laughtrack*

duckroll

Conrad Link said:

The original FFIII on DS -was- cancelled though. It was announced as a project being produced by Kawazu, and he said it would use the touch screen in "various creative ways" and that it would be "so different from the original they might consider including the original on the same cart" and so on. When it was re-announced in Famitsu over a year later, the project had completely changed and wasn't even produced by Kawazu any longer.

How's that jumping to conclusions when it actually happened?

Caelestis

Omg, after there being no news of this at JF, I did not expect this! I can't wait to see what they did to it over this time... Hopefully they did not change it completely into something that looks worse in comparison to the last trailer.

I wouldn't call an overhaul a cancellation, its already got a name... an overhaul.

I doubt SE ever said ah fuck it and chucked the whole idea away.

Plus the fact that we didn't know about this cancellation/overhaul at the time meant yes people WERE jumping to conclusions back then in saying FFIII was vaporware and just a myth because they "hadn't seen anything about it in over a year".

The exact same terms I've heard people say about Crystal Bearers before this latest development.

RpgN

_Alkaline_ said:
Holy shit, it lives. It actually lives.

I wonder if it's going to be a bit different from when we last saw it.

FFXIII wii edition, believe!

I'm soooo glad it's still alive. You know, I am expecting the game to turn out differently like FFIII on the ds. But I am one of the few who really liked FF Crystal Chronicles on the gamecube. I hope they don't abandon that concept all together. Maybe refine it with better story and multiplayer options? That game had so much atmosphere and 'magic' in my eyes.

I actually really liked how the game looked in that original trailer, that's probably what made the wait so hard.

I hope this doesn't turn out to be something completely different or like the game in that trailer never really existed to begin with and this new one was always the 'real' one. >_<

Best case is it becomes a 'Oh Wii is ruling the world... lets turn this into a proper effort game' sorta thing now assuming it was previously a lower-priority for them, but probably wishful thinking I know.

RpgN said:
FFXIII wii edition, believe!
I thought that seemed like a possibility, but that its trailer is specifically being attached to a Crystal Chronicles game makes me think it's still Crystal Chronicles.

Dascu

JoshuaJSlone said:
I thought that seemed like a possibility, but that its trailer is specifically being attached to a Crystal Chronicles game makes me think it's still Crystal Chronicles.
Yeah, this kind of shoots down the idea that Crystal Bearers has been cancelled/reworked to fit into the Fabula Nova Crystallis series, instead of the Crystal Chronicles series.

Unless it's now part of the Final Fantasy Fabula Nova Crystallis Chronicles series. :lol

RpgN

JoshuaJSlone said:

True true, but I can still see them making a FFXIII wii game if this is not it. But maybe I'm thinking too ahead here. Let's see how Crystal Brearers is right now. I hope it's something good!

duckroll

JoshuaJSlone said:
If a project overhaul is a cancellation, was Resident Evil 4 cancelled something like three times?

Were any of the previous versions released or announced in any form? No. But one version of RE2 was indeed cancelled, and there's even a beta of it floating around.

Top Bottom