• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFT:TWOTL & Secret of Mana to iPhone; World Peace Achieved

arab

8ds.jpg

http://toucharcade.com/2010/06/15/e3-2010-square-enix-to-also-bring-secret-of-mana-to-iphone/

In 2007, FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: The War of the Lions delivered a 1997 PlayStation® fan-favorite to a new generation of players on the PSP® (PlayStation Portable) system. Featuring an array of enhancements to the original FINAL FANTASY TACTICS, including breathtakingly beautiful CG movies, additional characters and jobs, and an all-new English translation, the critically acclaimed FINAL FANTASY TACTICS: The War of the Lions now makes its way to iPhone® and iPod touch®.
Peer through the eyes of young heroes Ramza and Delita, and uncover the secrets that lie hidden within history’s darkened folds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1308xZUffxc&feature=player_embedded

http://toucharcade.com/2010/06/15/e...sy-tactics-the-war-of-lions-coming-to-iphone/

Magnus

Posted about the FFT port back in two other threads, but yeah, wow, Secret of Mana too? What a bizarre choice, but welcome :D

Now, let's see a good interface and the lag gone from the PSP version, and I'm sold on FFT!

SRG01

War of the Lions? Does this mean it's going to be the same version as the PSP with the slowdown bug? :(

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Oh wow FFT on iPhone???

Mmmmm, maybe I will. Maybe. But I have a feeling it will use a D-Pad of some sort? Or else how the hell is it gonna work?

leroidys

fuuuuu. if they fix the slowdown I'm finally going to have to buy an itouch
playing this on an ipad would be awesome...

Salmon

On iPhone? I've tried every "hardcore" game on the iPhone out there, but the lack of control ruins everything. iPhone are for quick flash based games, not for "retail" titels.

Why do they even try? :(

Gravijah

Salmon said:
On iPhone? I've tried every "hardcore" game on the iPhone out there, but the lack of control ruins everything. iPhone are for quick flash based games, not for "retail" titels.

because people buy

wow - mini-ton!

FFT:WOTL is my favorite game on the PSP. As a touch user will I be able to play multiplayer over wifi with other gaffers?

I hope they throw in some extra content but I doubt it :(

Aeana

Salmon said:

Well, an SRPG is a fine for touch-only input. Dunno about Secret of Mana, though.

markot

Banned
Salmon said:

No. no flash, none of that, steve gets mad.

SuperSugar

Neo Member
I have been waiting and dreaming about a re-release of Secret of Mana. I'm excited, however, I was kind of hoping for a Xbox Arcade re-release. How great would online multiplayer be for this game? Play with your friends, drop-in drop-out gameplay. I hope the iPhone version has multiplayer at least.
This series needs to be rebooted. I wish Square-Enix would take the time and care and bring the newer games up to Final Fantasy standards.
Anyway, I would -LOVE- to see more Final Fantasy games for iPhone, especially FF3 (or 6?) and even Chrono Trigger!

MattNY

Darr said:
I have been waiting and dreaming about a re-release of Secret of Mana. I'm excited, however, I was kind of hoping for a Xbox Arcade re-release. How great would online multiplayer be for this game? Play with your friends, drop-in drop-out gameplay. I hope the iPhone version has multiplayer at least.
This series needs to be rebooted. I wish Square-Enix would take the time and care and bring the newer games up to Final Fantasy standards.
Anyway, I would -LOVE- to see more Final Fantasy games for iPhone, especially FF3 (or 6?) and even Chrono Trigger!

The PSP version had AD-HOC multiplayer, so it is possible that the iPhone version will have that, at least. I doubt there will be an online infrastructure built for it, but you never know.

ronito

finally FFT can be played by loads of lonely young hipsters that think they're better than everyone.....oh wait.

I don't have an iPhone but it's likely to be what I'll pick up next. I love Secret of Mana - how does a game like this control on the iPhone - are there areas for d-pad + buttons on the screen? I've not tried this with any iPhone game but it doesn't sound particularly good - it's difficult to imagine this working well for something real-time like SoM. FFT would be perfect though.

CTLance

I have no iphone. Now I kinda sorta could imagine wanting one. Those are two very compelling games. +500 monies if they somehow keep the multiplayer aspect of SoM alive.

Loved the first FFT and still play it from time to time. It would be awesome if one of these years SE would get around to making a full fledged sequel on PC and HD consoles. I can't even imagine how awesome that would look.

lsslave

Jew Gamer
Hey, Square Enix, how about Secret of Mana 2 to comes to English? (preferably not iPhone though... don't have nor will I get one)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I'll get Secret of Mana 2 provided it isn't as expensive as hell.

clo1_2000

Banned
Please don't take this as trolling; I own a PSP, DSi, iPhone and iPad. I just can't get into the "virtual" controls for iPhone games. I own AcrossAgeEX and Zenonia2 on the iPhone and I really hate how unresponsive the "dpad" is. On the iPad, I mainly play Dungeon Hunter and the controls are a bit better thanks to the larger gaming surface. Everyone keeps saying how Apple is going to overtake Nintendo as the hand held king; but how can they when "real" controls do so much better than their "virtual" counterparts?

I'm down for some Secret of Mana. I played a little bit of it on the SNES. Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger are the only Square games I've ever been able to enjoy.

Oh man I want FFT on iPad more than on iPhone by far. Really really hope there's no more lag like the PSP version. It'd be bizarre to have the definitive version of FFT somehow end up on an Apple platform of all things.

bkw

SoM??? Yes! iPhone? Boo... Nothing against the iPhone, but I can't see the controls working out well. Will have to see some reviews when it's out.

If it were on the 3DS, I'd jump on it. Gives me a more excuses to get a 3DS. :D

Top Bottom