• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFVI Advance (gba) release on Virtual Console WiiU (Japan)

Nibel

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1158107

So we mocked a prophet then
leonh0sqg.png

Robin64

The first SE "GBA" vc in Japan, I think Square released some VC games on the Japanese eShop

Yep, they have.

Bubble Bobble
Elevator Action
Hanjuku Hero
Kage no Densetsu
Final Fantasy
Final Fantasy II
Final Fantasy III
Final Fantasy IV
Final Fantasy V
Final Fantasy VI
Final Fantasy USA: Mystic Quest
Seiken Densetsu 2
Densetsu no Ogre Battle
Tactics Ogre
Romancing SaGa
Romancing SaGa 2
Romancing SaGa 3
Live A Live
Ruda no Hiho

Just a few. And a big fat zero outside of Japan.

TunaLover

The first SE "GBA" vc in Japan, I think Square released some VC games on the Japanese eShop
Oh, I though it was the first, what are the others?
Also in the site they shown another RPG for SNES VC, no idea about thr title though.

nvm I saw the list posted by robin

Shizuka

Come on, this is the one GBA game I've asked since GBA VC was announced for the Wii U. I don't care about anything else, give me this.

This is the one thing I want from Square on the Wii U. I've never managed to finish VI, but the gamepad would be the perfect device to do it on. Unfortunately I have an NA Wii U...

ChaosXVI

It's amazing how little Nintendo seems to care about the eShop overall this generation compared to the Wii VC.

Or maybe I'm just bitter because Metroid Zero Mission STILL isn't on the eShop in NA. There is literally, LITERALLY, no excuse for this!

TunaLover

Maybe it's SE not interested in publish them outside Japan? I don't really know how VC releases work tbh. But yeah, if Nintendo were more interested in make VC robust again they would probably worked with SE to release these outside Japan.

Memory

It's amazing how little Nintendo seems to care about the eShop overall this generation compared to the Wii VC.

Or maybe I'm just bitter because Metroid Zero Mission STILL isn't on the eShop in NA. There is literally, LITERALLY, no excuse for this!

They care alot more about the eshop, its massively improved since it started. They care less about the Wii U & 3DS VC which is a shadow of Wii's.

Nintendo didn't even see great returns from the massive Wii VC investment. Its not hard to see why they are being picky and slow with their releases on the Wii U since it has a tenth of the userbase. Don't forget fan favourites don't always mean lots of sales.

Pinky

Banned
Man, why the fuck are we not seeing these S-E releases in NA??? I had FFIV, FFVI, Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger on my Wii VC. My Wii crapped out before I got a Wii U, so I was never able to transfer my games. Is S-E making the decision to not release these games over here or is it the usual and expected incompetence of NoA? This shit is ridiculous.

Robin64

So why would you donwload this version over the super famicom version?

Maybe for the extra little bits but yeah, a sane person would just grab the SFC version that's already there.

Terrible music and the colours are going to look so bad on the TV.

entremet

Seems like they read yesterday's thread

Yesterday's thread was based on this actually.

It's amazing how bare VC on Wii U is. Nintendo really doesn't give a fuck haha.

Well Nintendo can't release SE's games on it.

The music on this version is awful and you can't patch it like the GBA original. But the new localization is nice, it puts everything in line with modern FF standard nomenclature.

It also has 4 new espers, new ultimate weapons and armor, two new post game dungeons, and a Mega boss.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Boo to all those who brought down Kobun's thread from yesterday. Those threads are a GAF staple!

Effect

Took them long enough. I'd rather have this on the 3DS. Here's hoping though this releases in North America.

KingWool

Banned
They care alot more about the eshop, its massively improved since it started. They care less about the Wii U & 3DS VC which is a shadow of Wii's.

Nintendo didn't even see great returns from the massive Wii VC investment. Its not hard to see why they are being picky and slow with their releases on the Wii U since it has a tenth of the userbase. Don't forget fan favourites don't always mean lots of sales.

This doesn't make any sense in any context. A highly prized high quality Zero Mission isn't released but Pinball or other crappy NES games are financially viable?

Boogdud

So why exactly is it that great titles like this don't get released in NA? The WiiU isn't exactly swimming in releases, you'd think these would be easy money.

The Hermit

It quite shocking. WiiWare was full of amazing games, even rarities like Castlevania Rondo of Blood. And it still working...

WiiU vc was supposed to improve not being bare bones.

Oh well

Wii U sales must be enough to satisfy Reggie at the moment. We know how they play this game. They'll release this kind of stuff over the summer to fill gaps in the release schedule. VC is like their reserve tank.

Top Bottom