• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFVII: Remake Trailer

Mista

Banned

Screenshots:
Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake_2019_05-09-19_001.jpg

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake_2019_05-09-19_002.jpg

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake_2019_05-09-19_003.jpg

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake_2019_05-09-19_004.jpg

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake_2019_05-09-19_005.jpg

Final-Fantasy-VII-Remake_2019_05-09-19_006.jpg

Here is a message from producer Yoshinori Kitase, via the PlayStation Blog:
Finally…. the long awaited moment has come. Sorry to keep you all waiting so long!

We hope you enjoyed the footage shown during State of Play. It was quite short, but hopefully you enjoyed seeing Cloud and Aerith brought back to life with such realistic graphics.

And oh my god! Did you notice he was there too…?

We are preparing to release more official information in June, but we wanted to try something new here on State of Play by showing you this special trailer as a taste of what’s to come.

Last edited:

Psykodad

Banned
Combat looks awful. In a world where we have so many action games and very little turn based and they chose action still baffles me.
turn based is a thing of the past, or it's niche at least. Times change.

Also, no Tifa = lil disappoint...

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Well they butchered the music as expected...

But the graphics are coming along a LOT nicer. Just a shame it’s still action based, that will never change, meh...

Also, what’s the deal with the marketing? This was planned as multi-platform wasn’t it? I mean there’s no way they would spend this long on a game to only release it on PlayStation?

Regardless, looking better, sounding shit. IMO of course :) I’ll likely still buy it anyway haha.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Looks great, hopefully part one releases either later this year or early next. Any longer than that, and people will be pissed that it's not on next-gen.

Stafford

I hope it comes to Xbox too. Probably will, just some timed exclusive bs again like always

Square Enix has a Livestream/Briefing next month.

Honestly I don't see this releasing for a long time, so it will likely be a cross gen game for sure. But I sure hope a Xbox version won't be too far away after it releases on PS. On the other hand, I'm planning on getting both the PS5 and next Xbox this time around, so it's all good.

It was marketed as PS4 debut exclusive a few years ago wasn't it? I guess that always opened the possibility of a Xbox version.

Raynes

Graphically and artistically, looks very good. I rarely praise the way games look, but this looks good.
Not sure about the combat, can't tell what it's going to be like. They need to implement materia and all the summons.
I really hope they stay faithful to the story and keep even the non-pc stuff.
One thing really bothering me is Barret's voice. Awful voice acting there.

Last edited:

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
Yup, I remember now, the trailer said play it first on PlayStation, like crash. So I would assume a years exclusive.

Getting a bit late in the gen for this sort of shit haha.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

june release date?

The trailer said "more info coming in June" so I assume that's what he's talking about.

Would love this to just get stealth released next month!

DonF

I never finished FFVII, my pirated copy (I know...I know) of the third disc didn't work. So i'll finally get the chance to finish this game in 2020 2021!

Stafford

With SE taking Sony's slot at E3 I sure hope they will finally reveal Avengers, not some damn CG trailer but actual gameplay. That along with more of FF7R will make the show lots better than last year. I'd say that actually warrants a show.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
More info in June = more info at E3.

However, Square has gone on the record to say that their current plan is to announce games when they're closer to their release date, so we can hope for this FFVII's re-announcement to lead us to a late 19/ early 20 release.

sublimit

Banned
Can't say i was impressed tbh.Graphically and gameplay-wise looked like what they have shown before. Which looked good btw but i think when compared to other games its graphics will look outdated by the time it comes out.
I don't know i expected something more impressive for something as iconic as FFVII i guess.

Last edited:

stickkidsam

HOLY!! I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY ACTUALLY SHOWED SOMETHING!! So damn HYPED!

Having had a chance to cool down though, it really does look amazing. My one gripe is that the combat looks a little stiff. The enemies really need to react more to being hit.

That said, I'm so glad we are gonna have character switching, and I think the action menu looks neat. Seems like a hybrid of FFXV and Kingdom Hearts. I'm really interested in seeing how they handle verticality, since they mentioned Dissidia way back as an influence.

kyoji

said this in the other thread too but sony is super smart... i have no doubt that this will be a ps5 launch title along with a late ps4 gen release

Psykodad

Banned
Still doesn't matter. Pokemon is definitely a AAA game.

As if handeld games and big-budget console-games are comparable in any way.
Consessions have to be made on handheld.

The top selling Final Fantasy games of all time were VII and X which were both turned based.
That's cool, VII and X were also released 17+ years ago.

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
On the topic of exclusivity again, while they did show the “play it first on PlayStation” in the original trailers, there was always some doubt. But the latest trailer is one of the few that didn’t carry the “exclusive to PS4” banner art on their trailer.

Whether that means pc or Xbox or both, that still remains to be seen.

Pejo

well they showed Barrett from the vantage of a playable character, so there's hope. I'm just hoping it wasn't like when the side characters on FFXV use skills and it just focuses on them for a second before switching back.

Arkage

Banned
Looks pretty good. Liked Clouds interactions with Aeris, he seems pretty normal and not mopey depressed advent children-like. Also liked the facial emotion he was showing at the very end. Makes me hopefully they'll do his character right.

Also looked like you could switch between characters with R2/L2 which'll be really nice.

Top Bottom