• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFX HD... still coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
They aren't going to cancel the PS3 version. I'm disappointed that they didn't announce the release date for the game, what were they doing all this time?

It does look like a good remaster though.

They aren't going to cancel the PS3 version. I'm disappointed that they didn't announce the release date for the game, what were they doing all this time?

It does look like a good remaster though.

Do not think its coming out anytime soon.

SE is bad with HD remake...........

Underwhelming, but we'll see what they can do with it between now and what I'm guessing will be three or four years later when it's released. If this is all they can muster, it'd better be the International version at least.

Omega

Banned
From september 2011

yuna-high-poly-low-poly.jpg
I want this.

I would have bought this just for Blitzball. If they're going 0 effort on this remake after they teased this, they don't even deserve $1

Note that this is on the Vita, and that you should watch the VIDEO before making any comments. Those screens are not direct captures, either. It looks great to me, especially in comparison to most HD re-releases of PS2 titles.

WhyMe6

When I saw them showing off the characters models on-screen I was really excited for a trailer. Then, nothing. This is what they have to show after two years? I'm pretty sure S-E are the most unproductive company on the planet. They're useless at getting games out to release.

Ravage

Looks glorious. Almost good enough to excuse their tardiness.

Just fucking give us the date already jesus christ >.<

antitrop

When I saw them showing off the characters models on-screen I was really excited for a trailer. Then, nothing. This is what they have to show after two years? I'm pretty sure S-E are the most unproductive company on the planet. They're useless at getting games out to release.
A shell of their former selves, nearly unworthy of the same name in the lineage of SquareSoft.

Fucking Spirits Within. Ruined the greatest game company of my childhood.

Hesemonni

Banned
I'm sure that for some fucked up reason I'm going to end up playing PAL version of the game on my EU Vita. Square-Enix, I know you'll screw it up somehow in the end.

E: That version was all kinds of awful and somehow I still managed to plow my way through it. Maybe that's the reason it's the worst FF game after VIII.

Bleep

It's pretty amazing that they are showing off idle animations while Dragon Quest VII has been completely remade. Pretty embarrassing! The Final Fantasy teams really need their management fixed.

Blizzje

From the video, it does look really good. Colors are vivid, textures are sharper than before. Hope we get the International version and the trophies are challenging. Can't wait to replay this classic.

WhyMe6

A shell of their former selves, nearly unworthy of the same name in the lineage of SquareSoft.

Fucking Spirits Within. Ruined the greatest game company of my childhood.

Yeah, it's pretty bad. Just looking at a timeline of their releases just highlights how efficient they used to be with development teams. And FFXIII, FFXIII-2, LR:FFXII =/= FFVIII/FFIX/FFX/FFXI wizardry.

Shamdeo

Would absolutely love if it got the wonderful treatment Kingdom Hearts 1.5 HD Remix is getting. Some of the things I hope that are in it...

Trophy support (that's a given).
International version content. (Hopefully a given.)
Remastered music [LOSSLESS] with some of the tracks having live lead instruments (ala KH1.5).
Cutscene viewer (not just pre-rendered stuff).
Some extra stuff like promotional videos and that one video that bridged FFX/FFX-2.
Art gallery/dev interviews/some nostalgia stuff, etc.

I wonder if they'd redo any of the voice acting for it too...

From the video, it does look really good. Colors are vivid, textures are sharper than before. Hope we get the International version and the trophies are challenging. Can't wait to replay this classic.

Yeah but you know they're probably gonna do the horrible dodge 1,000 lightning bolts trophy, buddje.

antitrop

I remember actually going to see Spirits Within in high school.
If only back then I had known what its magnitude of "suck" would do to Square.

2 ppl are doing KH HD collection. Im pretty sure they'll be fine with this which probably has way more than that working on it
Really? They only show so little after so much time.... let's hope its good and they can remake ff12 which matters more to me ,=D.

Ding-Ding

This didn't exactly really do anything to sell this game to me but a PS3 version in 16:9 is enough to warrant a purchase.

Damn it, makes me feel cheep knowing I am falling for a blatant cash grab.

Dantis

Looks excellent. Will play.

Also, really happy that they've swapped out for the high quality models for in game stuff. SMART MOVE.

They can't really be serious about trying to sell this for 40 bucks standalone right when every other HD remaster has been bundled with another game or sold for 20 bucks? And at this point i really wish they would just end the HD remaster line and pick it back up on the next gen consoles for 1080p 60FPS.

Meh, FFXII is the one I want to replay since I never gave it much of a chance.

FFX is probably the one I want to replay least other than the newer ones. It's an okay game, though.

Paracelsus

Eh these are just the different LOD versions from the original PS2 game. They look untouched.

Right model has always been used in cutscenes only, left is the actual in-game model, and it was better filtered on PSV but still looks pretty much the same.

hongcha

This looks great. I never played X on the PS2, so this is like a new FF for me.

My guess is a December 2013 release for this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom