• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFX HD... still coming soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Exentryk

Hashimoto from SE apologised to have kept fans waiting, and showed off FFX HD on the Vita. The release date will be announced soon.

720p - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gd3gWcXPJQ

English Subs - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8Q3rJTCL5k

vBTfrbe.jpg

SYvDbLI.jpg

IeCPVci.jpg

xizehn7.jpg

PZPiWxn.jpg

dLxiveV.jpg

xgWHHXc.jpg

Just pulled this screen from a Youtube video:

ffxemuhd.png

Compared to:

xizehn7.jpg

Sophia

For as long as they've been seemingly working on this, it's not as graphically impressive as I expected. Still nice to see it's coming, at any rate.

Kyon

Banned
Prequel to the Game of the generation.

When it releases i shall buy many copies to support Kween Yuna

im not kidding

Pooya

don't have screens on hand to compare now, but I think it really has better models or textures vs PS2 ver running in PCSX2.

urfe

S-E's priorities are so incredibly out of whack.

This would sell a lot better than the majority of stuff they're putting out.

Shinta

Banned
Can't wait to play this on the go. Going to max the shit out of this game, again.

Hope it's the international version with dual audio.

Now they need to get on with X-2 and XII HD!

sappyday

For as long as they've been seemingly working on this, it's not as graphically impressive as I expected. Still nice to see it's coming, at any rate.

This.

KH HD is more impressive than this and that was announced not so long ago and we had more info on it too. FFX was announced in 2011 and we haven't info on it for more than a year. The stills today don't sell me.

Toki767

What they showed was probably like their version of the FF7 tech demo. I bet all they've done so far are upscaling their character models.

kadotsu

Banned
I hope SCEAsia releases a JP Audio/EN sub version like they did with the recent bigger FF titles. It would get me to buy this game again.

ace3skoot

what worries me a bit is they literally just showed yuna and tidus models, this game is over a decade old, they don't have to worry about spoilers, at least show the battle system...

rvy

Banned
Well, I get that they take their sweet ass time, but I'll definitely take their HD ports over the other shit we get from Capcom and so forth. The updated models look great.
1.5 and this are looking pretty great.

antitrop

Final Fantasy X is an outstanding game. I haven't played it in 11 years, looking forward to another go at it and a good reason to use my Vita.

Pooya

Does it look better than FF X on PCSX2? Other than having native 16:9 support, I mean.

yeah I think it does. Yuna's fingers were all rectangles before I think, and that's not the cutscene high poly model there.

textures on the characters look sharper too, it's all blurry in PS2 ver.

Exentryk

Heterochromia Iridum. Nice to see it so clearly this time around. Don't recall seeing it before to be honest.

shira

What is the pay structure for FFX HD?
I don't trust square to just release a game anymore.

Are you going to have to insert quarters into your vita?
Something tells me they have monetized it in some Frankenstein way.

Kobalty

I am not sure if the screens are just bad or I am going blind, but for how long they have been working on this I am not blown away by what I am seeing.

FFX is my favourite in the FF series so when I heard that they were going to clean it up I all but passed out with excitment, but then Sqaure Enix continued to disapoint me like they have done this entire generation :(

I still hold some hope that this game will get the treatment it deserves and you know actually comes out, but I guess I will have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom