• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXI expansion, "Seekers of Adoulin" Geomancer/Rune Fencer! Uematsu Concert tonight!

Shouta

So, the concept is party buffs + elemental magic. It'll have a unique piece of gear like PUPs, a bell.

The buffs for the Geomancer will based around the Geomancer.

They'll be able to setup a field with the effect as well that stays there.

It will not be affected by Resistance because it's a field effect, at least as of right now.

Shouta

It'll have directional bonuses based on the position against the monster as well. Holy shit this is gonna be a technical job, lol.

It'll have B- in Elemental and it'll have some Dark magic as well. It'll have the -ra spells and the directional bonuses will have an affect on it.

Boss Man

It'll have directional bonuses based on the position against the monster as well. Holy shit this is gonna be a technical job, lol.
Thank you for the translations.

I think a super technical job is definitely OK at this point in the game. Most players are super veterans.

Thanks shouta for those translations. I have no idea what they were saying. It's all good Kandinsky :D

Here's the logo for the main page:

yDTQN.jpg

Shouta

According to the picture, if you're standing north of an enemy, you get a bonus to magic attack, west is a recast bonus, east is a critical magic bonus, and south is accuracy, I think. I'd need to see the slide of it again.

Allard

According to the picture, if you're standing north of an enemy, you get a bonus to magic attack, west is a recast bonus, east is a critical magic bonus, and south is accuracy, I think. I'd need to see the slide of it again.

Oh gods its crafting rumors all over again except this time its real!

Boss Man

So basically it's like crafting, except it's real and you don't have to feel like a crazy person when you do it.

Kientin

I've been waiting for Geomancer for the longest time, and people said it wouldn't happen saying sch was the new geo. I kept believing though. The job will be mine bahaha.

Aeana

I've wanted Geomancer ever since the vanilla pre-Zilart game. I haven't actually played the game in a very, very long time... but now I'm tempted.

Hate to go off topic, but this just disappoints me.

I wish FFXIV could've just been an updated XI with a combat system that isn't awful.

The music, atmosphere, and classes in XI were absolutely perfect, and felt like a reboot of Final Fantasy I, or at least NES Final Fantasy's in general.

I'm just imagining what XIV could've been; FFXI with hi-res graphics and a modern combat system like TERA, C9, DCUO, or PSO2. It would've been absolutely perfect.

Boss Man

Hate to go off topic, but this just disappoints me.

I wish FFXIV could've just been an updated XI with a combat system that isn't awful.

The music, atmosphere, and classes in XI were absolutely perfect, and felt like a reboot of Final Fantasy I, or at least NES Final Fantasy's in general.

I'm just imagining what XIV could've been; FFXI with hi-res graphics and a modern combat system like TERA, C9, DCUO, or PSO2. It would've been absolutely perfect.
I think FFXIV is getting there. They're already setting down the job system (in a way that might actually be superior to FFXI's) and it looks like it's going to focus a lot more on being a Final Fantasy game in 2.0. FFXIV at launch was extremely disappointing, but FFXIV 2.0 looks like a true successor to FFXI.

...which is why I wish I didn't essentially have to choose between the two.

Kandinsky

I actually like the sound of this, very interesting.

I DONT SEE YOU IN GAME YET SACAN
If only this was 2012 instead of 2013 we would be killing stuff already!

O M G Geo finally happened.

Grips hand, must not do it! Ploid is still alive, I'd have to change to the crysta system though.
They changed it back to direct from CC payment system like 2-3 months ago.

Shouta

Anyone got an image of the new jobs screen from the trailer? Might give us a hint at what the second job will be by looking at the silhouette.

I'm half-expecting chemist though considering the theme of this expansion.

Quadratic

I haven't played XI in years but these announcements are exciting. Since Geo is a support job I predict the next reveal will be a frontline job. I hope it's Berserker.

zlatko

Banned
I hope the other job is Green Mage or Necromancer. :p

I'm happy to say I'll resub FFXI and start from scratch for the umpteenth time once again.

Even if the other job is crap I'll still roll a Geomancer. Probably go Hume or Galka this time instead of my usual Taru self. :p

Allard

What jobs are left that aren't in XI yet?

Someone on Zam thought one of the silhouettes was a knight with a sword and with the theme and feel of the expansion I am going to guess the last job is Mystic Knight, would fit in with the feel of the expansion AF wise.

Ew 2gb. It'll be just the first section of the dev panel so.

It records at the time I opened the page lol. So it's everything that happened up until I hit download. :( I can't stream while downloading though since the file extension is not vaild until it finishes. I'm checking online for anything regarding that pic though. I figure the usa version stream will recap the dev panel with images.

Ugh... I managed to quit this game years ago but like a lot of you I always wanted them to release Geomancer. Love the AF! Wonder what the requirements are to use it though. Don't you usually have to get to lvl 30 first and then go do a quest? I'm so out of the loop.

drkOne

Apparently it's not coming out on PS2.
Any chance it won't look like a 2002 game anymore?
I'm not complaining, but raising the cap killed the blind love I had for this game, it'd take something more than new jobs to have me subscribing again.

Oh ok, so it is coming out for PS2…

zlatko

Banned
Site silhouette shows the weapon to be a one handed great sword, and somewhat frilly pieces to the armor. I see some kind of magical shit in the other hand with a chain of symbols around the body.

Those who said Mystic Knight might not be too far off.

Geomancer looks dope as hell. I really like the Galka art.

The trailer though? Super unimpressive. Very bland town they show, and the two areas I noticed look like yet another reskin of the Valkrum Dunes with a new Yhoator jungle meets a forest.

Still, Geomancer alone is worth going all the way through this game one more time from scratch.

Do I dare? Especially with FFXIV 2.0 around the corner? ; ;

Top Bottom