• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXII:ZJS HD Remake [imagine if someone made an OT thread titled "Cure for Cancer"]

antitrop

OP, all you had to do was add a damn question mark to the end of the thread title. THAT'S ALL YOU HAD TO DO

'FFXII:ZJS HD Remake?'

See? No confusion. It's all your fault and you don't get to play dumb and coy about it now.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Sorry for getting anyone's hopes up if they were coming into this thread expecting any kind of announcement.

My question is though, with the now current status of the Vita being a legacy system, how would you like to see them release this? Like they did FFX/X2 originally and do a Vita and PS3 release? Or just release it on the PS4.

We know its bound to happen and probably soon, bit how do YOU want it released?

Screw you for getting my hopes up, OP.

ExVicis

I'm more upset I fell for the title and the 8 pages proceeding threw me off.

Just built and destroyed all my hopes an dreams you did OP.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
<3

I don't get it either.

I didn't put the word "announced" in the title.

Anyone following FF and its remakes, especially HD remakes knows that this is the most likely next entry.

I even stated first that this wasn't an announcement of any kind.

Then I got to the point of this thread, the question.

I can feel some loves coming from this thread but for the most part everyone's calling for my head.

Time to double down. For the next thread, go for "Half Life 3 on VR" since that would be even more awesome.

Don't do this

SirNinja

9BG8Fvk.gif

dorkkaos

Man, you got my hopes up SO BAD rofl. Quickly shattered

How cool would it be though, to not just do an FFXII IZS HD (Hopefully, let me pick camera controls as well rofl), add in a remastered version of FFT War of the Lions (no more slow down please) for the Vita, and all this to set up for a new game in Ivalice. (I would love a game about Ajora or anything in Ivalice really.)

FFXII is by far my most played Final Fantasy, it would cool if they added new stuff. Heck, add in content like new scenes that were originally planned for the game, new hunts, maybe a new area or two. I'd buy it multiple times!

<3

I don't get it either.

Anyone following FF and its remakes, especially HD remakes knows that this is the most likely next entry.

I can feel some loves coming from this thread but for the most part everyone's calling for my head.

Dont act innocent. When you hit submit you knew exactly what you were fucking doing.

ImpendingFoil

Neo Member
I've posted a handful of times over the years on this site and I want you to know that one of the few times I've posted is just so I can let you know how profoundly disappointed I am in you.

You know what you did.

kamorra

Fuck Cancer
Last time I read, you were in a good place. Even if you weren't, it's a joke. Get offended just to be offenended.

Wait, you're offended now because you think I'm offended just to be offended? Don't worry, I'm not taking part in this tumblr outrage culture thing but that doesn't mean I can't point at a clumsy attempt at humor and throw some sarcasm at it.

miserable

funny how people jump on the guy quickly, yet when duckroll was making threads like these everybody was like "lol we got duckrolled again, ha ha ha"

funny how people jump on the guy quickly, yet when duckroll was making threads like these everybody was like "lol we got duckrolled again, ha ha ha"
These were actual announcements, not "I was scratching my balls and thought I'd make a thread".

If I made a thread tomorrow called "The Last Guardian in 2015" with a first post reading "What do you think guys? Would you like it? Does it seem feasible?" I'm pretty certain I'd get banned or juniored.

Dali

These were actual announcements, not "I was scratching my balls and thought I'd make a thread".

If I made a thread tomorrow called "The Last Guardian in 2015" with a first post reading "What do you think guys? Would you like it? Does it seem feasible?" I'm pretty certain I'd get banned or juniored.
Yeah, one is an actual announcement and usually telegraphed as bullshit. Like "snk announces new fatal fury!" you know it's a pachi slot. But even if you fall for it the title waay accurate. This dude had a question that he could have probably asked in the thread title itself or at least made clear the thread was about questions he had regarding a possible remake, yet he chose to simply title the thread in the manner he did knowing the way people would interpret it.

jb1234

<3

I don't get it either.

You knew exactly what you were doing. You're an ass.

Wait, you're offended now because you think I'm offended just to be offended? Don't worry, I'm not taking part in this tumblr outrage culture thing but that doesn't mean I can't point at a clumsy attempt at humor and throw some sarcasm at it.
I'm not offended at all and didn't know you were being sarcastic. Glad to hear it. It's hard to tell anymore.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I hope this gets announced soon. It's been enough time and I miss it. I'm on the verge of playing my PS2 copy .. But if I play it now I don't think I'd be able to enjoy the HD version if it came out in the next few years.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
Square should come out at E3, apologize for the FFVII troll and present this as an offering.

BocoDragon

Square should come out at E3, apologize for the FFVII troll and present this as an offering.
And yet they'd both just be up-resed ports. It is kind of funny how the pure fan meme of a FF7 remake makes that HD port look bad.

I know they announced it with the power of a thousand trolls, though.

I hope they're booed off the stage then.
FFXII was shit, don't bother wasting your time porting over that turd.

FFXII is the best Final Fantasy imo. By a lot.
I think it's one of the best too.

Evolved1

make sure the pudding isn't too soggy but that just ruins everything
And yet they'd both just be up-resed ports. It is kind of funny how the pure fan meme of a FF7 remake makes that HD port look bad.

I know they announced it with the power of a thousand trolls, though.

Well in this case, it's a much improved version of the game. So even if all they did was up-res it, it's the ZJS version which many of us never got to experience.

BocoDragon

Well in this case, it's a much improved version of the game. So even if all they did was up-res it, it's the ZJS version which many of us never got to experience.
That's of minor interest to me personally. I have the Japanese version and it can be patched into English :) I'm most excited to have the game in HD with a higher quality version of the soundtrack.

BocoDragon

I secretly think most XII haters are FFX-loving anime kids who were blindsided by the mature tone and effort it takes to explore a game that isn't a straight line.

I secretly think most XII haters are FFX-loving anime kids who were blindsided by the mature tone and effort it takes to explore a game that isn't a straight line.

Sorry, there's no mature tone in that. It's political intrigue for kids. I don't like FFX that much, but I absolutely abhor FFXII.

Top Bottom