• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXIV Netflix series 'Dad of Light'(formerly Daddy) is out worldwide September 1

Tweet.

The FFXIV Netflix Series "Dad of Light" releases Worldwide in 21 different languages on September 1st 2017. #FFXIV
DHoGMYmXkAAITlW.jpg:large

Netflix link.

Tyaren

So they fixed the title to Dad of Light in English? Still sounds weird...but admittedly not nearly as weird as Daddy of Light.

Series is super cute and low key. Pretty good for the premise it sets up. Quality jokes and doesn't get too over the top.

Nice to recognize the prime minister from Shin Godzilla bonding with his son.

"Father of Light" seems to be the obvious choice here, but even on the second swing, they miss.
Pretty much.

Wonko_C

Hikari no Otousan is the original title of the blog this story is based on. So Dad/Daddy/Father of Light is correct.

Syf

Banned
Damn shame. I would've binged Daddy of Light just to say I did. Dad doesn't have the same ring.

Servbot24

Banned
That's one of the most hilarious game titles I've ever heard 😂

Dad of Light is funnier than Daddy because it sounds more serious and stoic, lol

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
are you guys really trying to push "father" as if a serial commercial for ff14 demands formality

True Fire

They should've kept it as Daddy of Light. Right now it's still Engrishy, but not Engrishy enough to get people to click for fun.

I had no idea this was even a thing.

Dad, daddy, father...So torn. First two sound stupidly ridiculous, and Father sounds just right. I can't choose.

jugann

Neo Member
I've already seen the first 3 episodes in Japanese, and its great in my opinion! Show is filled with heart, albeit a bit episodic. Hope they don't change it around much, and that all seven episodes are fun to watch for most.

Top Bottom