• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We have a spoiler thread for discussing spoilers. Take it there or catch a hammer.
A spoiler thread is to discuss the entirety of the game openly. Not everyone is going to want to engage in that and might just want a simple question answered.

It's frankly ridiculous to sequester every single piece of spoiler talk into that thread.

Ran rp

I'm definitely going to dive deeper into Judgment Disc at a later time but it's kinda cementing my decision to wait for the December patch and maybe a lower price. Fighting against monsters still isn't fun, so I don't think I'll be able to rely on the combat to carry me through to the end.

Can we please not blow this out of proportion? I feel bad for being the one that started the spoiler talk with my question, which I thought wasn't that spoilery, really, and not even regarding the story, but...yeah, I'm sorry. :/

It was really nothing. People are being overly dramatic.

rjinaz

A spoiler thread is to discuss the entirety of the game openly. Not everyone is going to want to engage in that and might just want a simple question answered.

It's frankly ridiculous to sequester every single piece of spoiler talk into that thread.

Maybe. But this is also not the thread for spoilers and what just happened is evident enough of why.

I'm not sure what the compromise would be other than having like 5 FF threads. There are people that have finished the game that post in here so you could just ask questions without posting spoilers or ask to take it to pms I guess.

By all means, feel free to start a spoiler-free gameplay impressions/question thread. But quite frankly I feel like if someone has a question about spoilers, they can take it to the spoiler thread.

//ARCANUM

sorry, was playing.. . came back and saw some people wanted a pic of the reverse cover

HNI_0005.JPG

:( I wish they'd put the standard PS4 banner and ratings and all that on reversible covers. it just looks like a poorly made fan printed cover otherwise. shame :(

rjinaz

I'd be happy with an impression thread. Some of us have almost a week to go before playing. Maybe the rules could be no spoilers, if you have a non-story spoiler question or answer, spoiler tag it. Like gameplay things. Like, how long is the game, questions like that. I don't think we can please everybody. The most spoiler sensitive might want to stick with this thread.

But how do I ask them if they're going to break street date without sounding like an idiot? Just ask if they're going to sell it early or when they're expecting to sell them?

Don't even mention street date, just ask when they think they will have Final Fantasy XV in, that's what I always do. I called the one store I know today and he said he isn't sure, but probably sometime this week and to call back. Usually these stores know they're breaking street date, they just don't advertise it and don't care too much.

By all means, feel free to start a spoiler-free gameplay impressions/question thread. But quite frankly I feel like if someone has a question about spoilers, they can take it to the spoiler thread.

I think the bolded is a great idea. I think it's a mistake telling everyone who has an innocuous question to go into that spoiler thread though. I wandered in there a few days ago and it's a minefield of unmarked spoilers. A middle ground does exist. There definitely should be a thread for people who don't give a fuck about spoilers and another for people who just want simple questions/impressions.

I don't remember that ever being the policy before with other games since we have spoiler tags for this very reason.

But whatever.
Wait, what was that about?
People whining because a thread title had the weapon's name in it, which crushed their spoilerphobic little minds.

So is it fine to make a spoiler free impressions thread?

I don't have the game but I'd like to be able to read impressions and so on, maybe some with spoiler tags and so on.

Don't even mention street date, just ask when they think they will have Final Fantasy XV in, that's what I always do. I called the one store I know today and he said he isn't sure, but probably sometime this week and to call back. Usually these stores know they're breaking street date, they just don't advertise it and don't care too much.

Thanks

You understand how easily one thing could lead to another right? Someone asks what you think is a harmless question, someone answers it in detail that ends up spoiling something. It's not ridiculous at all for people not to expect spoilers in a thread that doesn't have spoiler in the title. If you have some type of issue with it, then why not create an impressions thread where spoilers need to be marked?

So is it fine to make a spoiler free impressions thread?

I don't have the game but I'd like to be able to read impressions and so on, maybe some with spoiler tags and so on.

That would actually help I believe. Just make a thread titled "Final Fantasy XV impressions: Please mark all spoilers" That way people can venture in there to see impressions and also heavy spoilers are marked.

Hasemo

(;・∀・)ハッ?
Our review copy still hasn't arrived, so I bit the bullet and bought an early copy (SoCal) just so I can start making *any* progress on the game at all ahead of its street date.

By the way, I know there's been some debate about this, but considering I just bought this in SoCal, this seems to confirm that day one copies in the US are indeed dual-language on the box.

Won't be able to actually get started until I finish work for today, but oh my god I can't wait. It's real, guys. FFXV is real and it's (almost) here!

IMG_6932.jpg

I know it's not swanky/humblebrag-worthy like a Porsche, but did I do the "get your car's make in the shot" thing right? ;)
Looking forward to a confirmation of the audio/text options in the language select menu, if possible. :)

I don't remember that ever being the policy before with other games since we have spoiler tags for this very reason.

But whatever.

This thread is literally not for asking questions about gameplay or story impressions. Spoiler tags would go great in a thread about asking specific questions about the game!

Keep in mind that this is a game a lot of people have been following for ten years. I personally don't give a flying fuck about FFXV spoilers, but it's good to have a little bit of compassion for people who do. This isn't like discussing Thanos in a yearly Marvel flick that obviously has Thanos in it; some people here have literally gone from childhood to adulthood waiting for this game. For their sake, it'd be nice if people try their best to keep spoilers out of threads that have nothing to do with the gameplay or story.

This thread is literally not for asking questions about gameplay or story impressions. Spoiler tags would go great in a thread about asking specific questions about the game!
Huh. That seems to go directly against what Falk said earlier. Maybe some better communication on the part of the mod team is needed.
Keep in mind that this is a game a lot of people have been following for ten years. I personally don't give a flying fuck about FFXV spoilers, but it's good to have a little bit of compassion for people who do. This isn't like discussing Thanos in a yearly Marvel flick that obviously has Thanos in it; some people here have literally gone from childhood to adulthood waiting for this game. For their sake, it'd be nice if people try their best to keep spoilers out of threads that have nothing to do with the gameplay or story.
Some people have literally gone their whole lives waiting for a competent adaptation of their favorite superhero movie and wanted to go in unsullied by spoilers.

They don't deserve compassion I guess though? It's alright to mock them (I know I do), but this game is off-limits? Seems like it's being treated as a special snowflake compared to how we've dealt with other spoilers in the past, so I guess I'll just stop complaining and retreat to the safety of the spoiler thread.

Now that the news that this game is floating around out there is no longer news and we have an impressions thread, we can close this behemoth.

EDIT - that's my bad missing Falk leaving the thread open for impression purposes :p that being said, given that it still bit some people in the ass the impressions thread is still probably the best outcome here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom