• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we gonna start getting suggested videos on youtube with thumbnails & titles that spoil critical aspects of the game?

fml this sucks!!!
Some people are so desperate for clicks they won't hesitate to spoil the game. Thankfully this is no PS4 exclusive mean we don't have to deal with angry Xbox fans trying to spoil the game in comments or YouTube videos, lol.

Personally for me, I have rarely been spoiled accidentally.

jett

D-Member
I get what you're saying, and I meant it in the that they actually handle distribution and marketing in these territories. Bamco actually puts an effort, no so sure about SE though.

All of Latin America? That makes more sense I guess.

The usual places.
Polvos

It's funny seeing Peruvians asking where to find a video game. Hell, they sell it on mercadolibre too.

Falk

that puzzling face
I wasn't joking in the OP when I said to be of varying levels of wariness depending on varying levels of caring about getting spoiled.

Pretty sure there are enough people literally looking to ruin it just for the sake of it and all it takes is a tweet or FB post. And unlike e.g. The Force Awakens with a limited screening, the game itself is out in the open for a lot of people who legally ('legally') purchased it.

Heck, nowadays the troll doesn't even have to be the person owning the game. It'll happen regardless.

HardRojo

I wasn't joking in the OP when I said to be of varying levels of wariness depending on varying levels of caring about getting spoiled.

Pretty sure there are enough people literally looking to ruin it just for the sake of it and all it takes is a tweet or FB post. And unlike e.g. The Force Awakens with a limited screening, the game itself is out in the open for a lot of people who legally ('legally') purchased it.

Heck, nowadays the troll doesn't even have to be the person owning the game. It'll happen regardless.

TFA opened my eyes as to the lengths people would go to ruin things for others. People actually donated (read: paid) money so that their spoiler would be displayed on people's streams.

UK version would be under 50€, in Germany games cost 60-70€ at launch.
Just noticed that myself. And it has the smaller Pegi logo instead of the ugly FSK one.
Considering to order from somewhere else to possibly get the game a bit earlier, but I think that there's amazon preorder stuff that I would miss?

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
Just noticed that myself. And it has the smaller Pegi logo instead of the ugly FSK one.
Considering to order from somewhere else to possibly get the game a bit earlier, but I think that there's amazon preorder stuff that I would miss?
Does amazon German have more than the sword? Because for example at spielegrotte you get that one too

R3birthFl4me

Neo Member
For everyone worried about youtube recommendations spoilers, can we just start watching a lot of random stuff like food channels and whatever, will that change the recommendations ?

In some spanish forums you already have to thread carefully. People already opening threads with spoilers in the title.

I know of 2 places here in Maryland that usually get games early. Gonna attempt to call them next week. Got some time next week to play and the week after for me is hectic with work related things.

Does amazon German have more than the sword? Because for example at spielegrotte you get that one too
A King's Tale (the prequel Side-scrolling Brawler game) is Amazon-exclusive here in Germany, I think. For both the standard Day-One and Deluxe Edition.

Exactly the store I was thinking about and regarding the amazon exclusives, there's also an extra weapon (Gae Bolg spear) and the "travel pack".
Travel pack video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAIJ1FROU7s

Looks like the Masamune sword always comes with the game, no matter where you buy it.

Interfectum

TFA opened my eyes as to the lengths people would go to ruin things for others. People actually donated (read: paid) money so that their spoiler would be displayed on people's streams.

Yeah TFA was insane. People even changed their usernames to the TFA spoiler on Steam and XBL.

Falk

that puzzling face
Time to live in a cave for the next 10 days.

And then get spoiled on the way to the store on the 29th

:(

edit@above: dude holy shit

Arkeband

Banned

People in EVE naming their stations Game of Thrones spoilers was both terrifying and hilarious.

I'm basically spending the next week and a half with my eyes half closed.

@Koozek:
What happens if what's on your avatar pic actually happens?
Either way you're screwed because if you change it, you kinda admit that what was there before is how it turned out. At least that's how you can interpret it, haha. :D

DrBretto

Banned
I know your avi is a joke, but if it turns out to be true (and the death flags indicate that it is) then its just gonna be mean :'(

If he doesn't know it's a spoiler, then it's not a spoiler.

But, that said, people are definitely going to react like it IS a spoiler anyway. Still might wanna change it back, lol.

Koozek

I know your avi is a joke, but if it turns out to be true (and the death flags indicate that it is) then its just gonna be mean :'(

you should have used "stella dies" instead

If he doesn't know it's a spoiler, then it's not a spoiler.

But, that said, people are definitely going to react like it IS a spoiler anyway. Still might wanna change it back, lol.

@Koozek:
What happens if what's on your avatar pic actually happens?
Either way you're screwed because if you change it, you kinda admit that what was there before is how it turned out. At least that's how you can interpret it, haha. :D

I don't know what guys are even talking about. Old Noctis is not a spoiler.

Deadbeat

Banned
This is hilarious.

mod edit: TFA SPOILER
Han_Dies_1616
See this spoiler doesnt give the context of how he died, so it wasnt ruined for me.

Everyone was in a rush to troll people but who killed him is the bigger deal.
Edit There you happy now?

artsi

They said they'll be blocking access to the early copies. Have they started yet?

Source? How do they think that would work?

Unless the game has some kind of call home function during startup that will check activation status, but I doubt it.

They said they'll be blocking access to the early copies. Have they started yet?
Gotta hate when misinformation like that spreads.

They never said that they will be blocking gamers who buy the game early to play it. Beside, there is no DRM like that on the Xbox One or PS4, it only exists on PC.

~Cross~

I swear the way information sometimes travel down and warps is hilarious.

"Near the end of the game there was some different and clunky mechanics, like the game was trying to be a different genre" evolves into "The second half of the game is shit"

"We are aware of this but its hard to stop someone from playing a disk of the game" evolves into "We are going to start blocking people from playing the game"

DrBretto

Banned
And by quoting my post instead if spoilering it you didnt help.

That's not what I'm talking about. I wasn't calling you out for spoiling. I was saying that it doesn't matter so much that you don't feel like it's a spoiler, but others do, that's why spoiling things the way they're talking about is a bad thing.

Falk

that puzzling face
FWIW, the comment on FFXV forums, which actually doesn't even say access is being blocked, was made by a moderator, not a Square Enix representative.

The official forums have also since made threads for spoiler/non-spoiler discussion for each chapter of the game.

DrBretto

Banned
FWIW, the comment on FFXV forums, which actually doesn't even say access is being blocked, was made by a moderator, not a Square Enix representative.

The official forums have also since made threads for spoiler/non-spoiler discussion for each chapter of the game.

The one where they said they would try to do what they could? I took that one totally as a "well, we'd love to stop them, but that's totally not possible" kind of thing anyway. I have no idea how people were getting upset about that at all. It was as non-answery as it gets.

JeffZero

Purple Drazi
The one where they said they would try to do what they could? I took that one totally as a "well, we'd love to stop them, but that's totally not possible" kind of thing anyway. I have no idea how people were getting upset about that at all. It was as non-answery as it gets.

Heck, it reads to me like a reply to someone having suggested it, anyway. I never took it as anything resembling a genuinely-considered motion.

DrBretto

Banned
Heck, it reads to me like a reply to someone having suggested it, anyway. I never took it as anything resembling a genuinely-considered motion.

Yeah, I totally read it like it was a diplomatic response to some people who were getting up in arms there or something along those lines.

I'm pretty sure there's nothing anyone could do anyway.

Stop making sense. The comment was typed by his imperial hotness, Yosuke Matsuda himself.

Simo

Stream on YouTube but its the demo area so far. I usually just look up on Live from PlayStation and you find the streams there. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom