• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
A boss requiring 10 hours to be defeated is just a crappy design choice, probably it's just a bullet sponge you need to beat for a while, go away doing your stuff and when you return he has the same HPs he had when you left. Do enough damage for X time and it will die, and you will probably get a pointless achievement with SE increasing the game's lenght in a dumb way with no effort.

ZeroX03

Banned
At risk of raining on everyone's parade: Every single thing in Verendus's big posts could've been gleaned from watching the footage and reading the previews, and there are a couple of incorrect/dubious things in there that make me think he's full of it. Not saying FFXV won't be a great game, but this is fishy.

I want to believe it's a troll. It would be fantastic.

That being said, despite Verendus' penchant trolling, I've never been able to trust you because of your Xenoblade opinions. It's just too much of a character flaw.

bigol

What I find funny is that some people are suddenly worried about the game as of its bad now that Jason called him out. Jason is just implying Verendus didn't play the game lol.

If anything that makes everything a bit more exciting,not being able to tell if there is or not another open world part beside the Lucis map we saw yesterday. Not worried at all about the game not being the second coming. I'm expecting FF XV to be a good game but flawed. I'm not expecting it to be the best Final Fantasy ever.

Can't be worse than FF XIII.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
At risk of raining on everyone's parade: Every single thing in Verendus's big posts could've been gleaned from watching the footage and reading the previews, and there are a couple of incorrect/dubious things in there that make me think he's full of it. Not saying FFXV won't be a great game, but this is fishy.

"Insiders"

That unfortunately been the shtick of some people, saying just enough vague stuff to sound somewhat credible even though it could have been gleaned off of information already known.

Not that i know who is telling the truth and who isn't, but there's no reason not to deploy a healthy amount of skepticism, especially since i'm still waiting for Sony's AAA JRPG.

Go_Ly_Dow

It seems like many are grasping for anything right now to help alleviate their anxiety over the game.

Stop getting worked up over how the game is presented on Conan, or hyped up by a single forum poster. Wait for the game, play the game like you and then form your own conclusion on it as you have done so with every other FF.

With the series being so divisive anyway (one fan may love X, another fan will loathe it etc...) I find it strange that people are letting singular impressions completely sway them on this game. One mans piss is another mans pie with this series.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I too have played Final Fantasy XV and boy, let me tell you, it is a game. Not like how some games are games and other games are all, "I'm a game, play me!" but this game is a game's game. First, the narrative structure. There are chapters and they all link together to make the game. Some people may suggest that the chapters are too long or too short, but I think they are a length that is becoming of chapters. The plot is doled out in very discrete or perhaps slurred pieces, which makes for a very interesting story perspective. Players who play this game will surely agree. Next is the gameplay, which was clearly designed from the groundup to be for players. You might notice there is a change in gameplay about partially through the game. While the merits of this are debatable, it is clearly in the interest of creating debate. I think players will be talking about this for years to come.

The graphics are great, with detailed pixels, lighting, and polygons. I will say you may notice some imperfections, such as. Generally speaking, Yoko Shimomura composes the music and she has created a soundscape.

Overall I think you will be left feeling things after you finish FFXV.

Pooya

Post real detailed, stress on detailed, spoilers somewhere, not here. Then when the game is out or before then everyone can verify you're lying or not. It's so easy.

Jason is right, I can't believe you people read those posts and are not rolling your eyes instead. So many words to say nothing at all. Use your brain.

jett

D-Member

I got nothing against Verendus, but he really didn't reveal or point out anything we didn't already know about.

He'd have to be a full-on psycho to have written that review without actually playing the game tho.

lol at that post. "wew lad", as the kids say these days.

AHA-Lambda

A boss requiring 10 hours to be defeated is just a crappy design choice, probably it's just a bullet sponge you need to beat for a while, go away doing your stuff and when you return he has the same HPs he had when you left. Do enough damage for X time and it will die, and you will probably get a pointless achievement with SE increasing the game's lenght in a dumb way with no effort.

Wait, what? This is a thing??

jschreier

New Suikoden game? Oh please.

No chance.
Yeah this post is hilarious in retrospect right? I've seen so-called GAF insiders get banned for way less. Maybe there's just something I'm not getting? It's one thing to get something wrong - quite another to make a giant list of clearly bullshit statements like that.

Falk

that puzzling face
He has been wrong but also right at times. He also said he will post proof next week so lets wait for that as well.

If we're going along the hypothesis that he's writing giant walls of text based on previews, I would be plenty surprised if ending spoilers weren't out to some degree or another by next week. The game *is* out there.

Ran rp

I too have played Final Fantasy XV and boy, let me tell you, it is a game. Not like how some games are games and other games are all, "I'm a game, play me!" but this game is a game's game. First, the narrative structure. There are chapters and they all link together to make the game. Some people may suggest that the chapters are too long or too short, but I think they are a length that is becoming of chapters. The plot is doled out in very discrete or perhaps slurred pieces, which makes for a very interesting story perspective. Players who play this game will surely agree. Next is the gameplay, which was clearly designed from the groundup to be for players. You might notice there is a change in gameplay about partially through the game. While the merits of this are debatable, it is clearly in the interest of creating debate. I think players will be talking about this for years to come.

The graphics are great, with detailed pixels, lighting, and polygons. I will say you may notice some imperfections, such as. Generally speaking, Yoko Shimomura composes the music and she has created a soundscape.

balee dat

Maybe it's too early in the morning but what am I missing with the links to Verendus' "insider" info.

That some stuff he gave "info" on didn't/hasn't/wont materialize or is there a simpler connection I'm missing?

Either way, I don't doubt jschrier. He is mr. press sneak fuck after all.

Nibel

Baylayyyyy dat XD

Damn sounds amazing. Only review I need. Pre-order redeemed!

Hoo-doo

Banned
I mean, why would you trust anyone who thought BvS was a good movie.

I want Bish in here laying down an ultimatum, like the good old days.

Inuhanyou

People's rabid insistence on running to 'insiders' for validation and hype of this game makes no sense in general, and isn't very productive. Wait until you play it youself, then make your own conclusions, as said pages ago.

If your feeling antsy over this game, just sit tight and wait. Its not that long until the official release.

Yeah this post is hilarious in retrospect right? I've seen so-called GAF insiders get banned for way less. Maybe there's just something I'm not getting? It's one thing to get something wrong - quite another to make a giant list of clearly bullshit statements like that.
Verendus is not a woman. That tends to help.

not calling out mods here!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

gg

If we're going along the hypothesis that he's writing giant walls of text based on previews, I would be plenty surprised if ending spoilers weren't out to some degree or another by next week. The game *is* out there.
Lol, you are right. I don't know what to believe anymore.

I hope I can snatch an early copy :p

I guess to be fair there are some things that make sense in retrospect (Naval RPG = Sea of Thieves, Capcom TPS = Umbrella Corps, Sega action/adventure = Valkyria Azure Revolution?) but really there's no easy way of knowing what is and isn't legit knowledge vs predictions vs BS.

EDIT: I dunno about the other post. I'm drawing blanks about what a bunch of those games could be.

well how about waiting out before judging him? People did the same when he said the FF7 Remake is in development or FF Versus was now 15
there is a noticable amount of projects that turned out to be true (Nier, FF Dissidia, FF7, FF15, World of Final Fantasy, Project Setsuna, Batman VR, Yakuza ..... )

so im not sure why some of you are posting those lists now?

Regarding his text about playing 15 however you probably know more than us

People's rabid insistence on running to 'insiders' for validation and hype of this game makes no sense in general, and isn't very productive. Wait until you play it youself, then make your own conclusions, as said pages ago.

If your feeling antsy over this game, just sit tight and wait. Its not that long until the official release.

But...

We have played the demos. For some of us, the impressions were basically a validation that the demo is largely representative and the game doesn't fall apart (the smoke and mirrors as some like to say, given the troubles development cycle).

*shrugs* I can't be the only one whose concerned that like many other RPGs, the strongest stuff is in the beginning before it falls apart in the end (*ahem* TW3).

True Fire

Doesn't he throw in random false info to throw people off figuring out who he is? He was right on XII HD and VII Remake.

To be fair, fans have been begging for those games for years and XII HD was accidentally leaked at a concert.

The FFXV director switch was also pretty suspicious.

He said under 1bn would be a disappointment, he expected 1.4bn. Lol.

I honestly am thinking if he really saw the movie beforhand.

I don't know...I know how one guy who thought BvS was the best CBM yet and that if it didn't beat Age of Ultron in Box Office takings then he'd hate Marvel forever and consider them traitors. Somehow. He had bought me a ticket to see it at the BFI Imax so I wasn't gonna totally disagree but...those people are real >_>

Edit: Regardless of the movie I never would have guessed that a movie featuring Superman and Batman (2nd biggest Superhero on the planet) would make sub 1bil.

Maybe it's too early in the morning but what am I missing with the links to Verendus' "insider" info.

That some stuff he gave "info" on didn't/hasn't/wont materialize or is there a simpler connection I'm missing?

Either way, I don't doubt jschrier. He is mr. press sneak fuck after all.

When Jason speaks, we all stay quiet and pay attention.. however, I baleeee in verendus.

bigol

As much as it pains me to say it, all the games Tabata have directed so far have been worse than XIII. God knows at least XIII has the battle system going for it.

I don't think it will be worse though.

I played the Judgment demo and i really liked the battle system,even if in that demo it was limited.I think it's a good mix of action and tactics. The only thing i don't like is magic being too simplified compared to older games and i hope camera will be fixed.

Dark_castle

Verendus must be paid by Square Enix to write all that shit, or he was being incredibly sarcastic as he really hated the game, basically every words reflects the opposite of what he actually thinks, or he genuinely played the full game, likes the game that much that it was like the second coming.

Either way, this hype train/roller coaster has been going full speed ahead. Choo choo motherfuckers! Let's hope everyone survives in the event of an epic detour crash!

Inuhanyou

But...

We have played the demos. For some of us, the impressions were basically a validation that the demo is largely representative and the game doesn't fall apart.

*shrugs* I can't be the only one whose concerned that like many other RPGs, the strongest stuff is in the beginning before it falls apart in the end (*ahem* TW3).

If it falls apart that's how it will be, but you should wait until actual footage or official information comes out before making your conclusions atleast. The last 5 or so pages are very strange to me.

Everyone seems to be going insane over their impatience.

He said under 1bn would be a disappointment, he expected 1.4bn. Lol.

I honestly am thinking if he really saw the movie beforhand.
Ummm.... I am no Insider but going by all the hype and even if I saw the reviews/movie, I never expected less than 1 billion for BvS. It doesn't mean I am full of shit. It was just a surprising result because of the big name of the franchise.

Compare that to Suicide Squad, another shit movie. Everyone was expecting it to not even reach 300 million in NA or more than 700 million worldwide, but despite its shitty reviews and what not, it still surpassed everyone's expectations.

I don't get why you are using Box Office predictions to prove a point?

jschreier

Doesn't he throw in random false info to throw people off figuring out who he is? He was right on XII HD and VII Remake.
What's more likely, someone making a bunch of posts blending real and false info because they don't want to be identified, or someone making a ton of guesses (including some really vague psychic-style predictions) and happening to get a couple of them (the really obvious ones) right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom