• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
oestsio.png

I got hyped until I saw nov 26th as the expected, the game will be all over NYC by then

Toth

I don't know of any NYC shops other than Chinatown (are there still ones there??) and Gamestop though. No PMs either ; ;

Strakt

I got hyped until I saw nov 26th as the expected, the game will be all over NYC by then

Usually priority mail gets from Texas to NJ/NY within a couple of days. Since he is shipping it out today, I expect it would arrive tues/wed... (But im just speaking from past experiences). Plus I never get lucky with early copies @ stores in NJ... so just gonna let it deliver to my house lol

Ordered one. Wasgonna pay the extra 20 bucks for express shipping to get it on the 22nd but...I'll take my chances. Expected between 22nd-26th. We shall see!

The eBay guy is in Texas so being in CT I'm pretty sure it will get to NY/NJ/CT by Tuesday/Wednesday.

I'm 3 copies deep now...so I have a problem? xD

Freeman76

How can people enjoy the game when we don't know if the reviews are good or bad for it yet?

The in depth preview in Edge said it starts brilliantly then halfway through takes a nosedive of epic proportions, but its FF and nobody will give a fuck until they have it and then let the fuckery commence.

Hobbes211

My anticipation for this game has been all over the place, much like everyone else. I skipped 13, so I've been without a new FF for a long time. I was excited when it was first shown, then disappointed when the lackluster demos came out. I had almost written it off until the videos showing performance improvements started rolling out, and then the positive impressions started appearing everywhere.

I can't wait for this game. I'm torn between looking around for a copy in TO or waiting for the retail copy I ordered from Amazon forever ago to arrive. I suspect the patches will be withheld until the actual launch date, and they'll be pretty necessary to actually have an enjoyable experience.

I preordered the Deluxe Edition in one of my local game shop, so I'll just have to wait till the official release date.

Damn, why coudn`t it happen here in Chile! Don't wanna wait while the next country over is already playing...

También soy de Chile jaj, creo que Zmart tiene copias ya (ví algo en su facebook) pero no lo venderán antes...

Interesting feature I haven't seen before. There is a Twitch stream on now. During the installation, the player fights an endless enemy wave battle mode while the installation is underway. The installation timer about 15 min. ticks down and instead of bored waiting, one can just fight. Unless I misunderstood what I was watching.

Would like to see that in other games.

The in depth preview in Edge said it starts brilliantly then halfway through takes a nosedive of epic proportions, but its FF and nobody will give a fuck until they have it and then let the fuckery commence.
If judgement demo is it starting brilliantly... yikes.

I know it's probably a lot more than just that section they mean

Arkeband

Banned
Interesting feature I haven't seen before. There is a Twitch stream on now. During the installation, the player fights an endless enemy wave battle mode while the installation is underway. The installation timer about 15 min. ticks down and instead of bored waiting, one can just fight. Unless I misunderstood what I was watching.

Isn't installation done from outside of the game?

Socivol

Do you have a link to the stream?

Munba

Edge never said that really.

But yeah, a FF should be bought without viewing reviews.

As much as I'm tempted to go on media blackout, I have significant reservations about the game that early impressions can help clarify. So I think I'll risk the spoilers so I can get into the game with set expectations so I don't disappoint myself.
I did it with MGSV and I wasn't prepared for the things that soured me on the game.

As much as I'm tempted to go on media blackout, I have significant reservations about the game that early impressions can help clarify. So I think I'll risk the spoilers so I can get into the game with set expectations so I don't disappoint myself.
I did it with MGSV and I wasn't prepared for the things that soured me on the game.

Prepare for reverse FFXIII. Where everything is open at first like Gran Pulse (except moreso probably) and then linear for the second half.

That's essentially what the negative shit is about. Personally it won't bother me one bit.

It's finally.....here.....finally! I can't believe this! 10 years have passed and now it will be in my hands soon! Come on UCE!

Wait in Peru??? Really? I was born there! Now I wish I was there now!

0racle

I have the game pre ordered, never played a DD game since x on ps2 over a decade ago.

I have not been that hyped or read into lore etc on the game, do I need to know anything before playing it?

What are the chances I'll like it? I have not played a jrpg since ps2 era. Is it overly chingworthy? The only reason I'm giving it some attention is the fact it looks more mature, has a bit more of a serious tone? Or am I so far off the mark....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom