• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falk

that puzzling face
UPDATE: Spoiler thread here

Leaving this thread open for people wanting to discuss impressions on performance, gameplay, etc.

To be clear: Take all spoiler discussion to the other thread. No tagged spoilers here even.

https://twitter.com/FFXVEN/status/800703069327486976

Following news of copies of #FFXV going on sale ahead of the release date, #FFXV director Hajime Tabata has a message for all #FFXV fans

z0iabeM.png

Just an FYI to everyone in here the ending of the game is online so tread carefully.

edit: someone already warned everyone!

Sick of FFXV video thumbnails on youtube?

youtube-watch-history.png

===Original post===

The facebook video of the unboxing in the OP no longer works so here is another video from a gaming site in Peru

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ydNVTaP06uc

As this game has had a concept-to-release development time (somewhat) comparable to Duke Nukem Forever, and is a story driven game, it bears repeating that be nice to your fellow GAF members and don't post open spoilers. Should stuff start getting all over the net en-masse we'll probably have a dedicated discussion thread for story spoilers, just as if the game has been released.

Do not post spoilers in this thread untagged

Remember spoiler tags are broke with pictures

If you care at all about getting spoiled, this is also probably your cue to get in whatever spoiler bunkers you feel comfortable with.

OH MY LAWD

It begins...

XV HAS COME TO!

Wondering if it's time to abandon the internet.

Places like gamefaqs will be flooded soon :(

Jonnax

Farking hell. Well I'm avoiding all FFXV threads now, and gaming sites.

Hopefully google news and some shitty click bait site doesn't completely spoil the game for me.

At what point can the Spoiler Thread go up? If the dudes that got copies keep posting updates, it seems like we'll be getting some steady info in a few hours.

Whatever you do, don't go to Kotaku until you have finished the game. NeoGAF is usally safe, unfollow FF related stuff and don't go to recommended videos on youtube.

Falk

that puzzling face
At what point can the Spoiler Thread go up? If the dudes that got copies keep posting updates, it seems like we'll be getting some steady info in a few hours.

Hard to call - I think honestly this thread would do for now, with spoilers properly tagged. Pretty sure impressions of the game etc would be discussed here as the situation develops. If it comes to the point where every other post is a wall of spoiler tags we'll split it off.

Whatever you do, don't go to Kotaku until you have finished the game. NeoGAF is usally safe, unfollow FF related stuff and don't go to recommended videos on youtube.

I know they have a history of spoiling easter eggs, but are they really that bad with large spoilers for new AAA games?

Hard to call - I think honestly this thread would do for now, with spoilers properly tagged. Pretty sure impressions of the game etc would be discussed here as the situation develops. If it comes to the point where every other post is a wall of spoiler tags we'll split it off.
Sounds fair! Thanks.

AAMARMO

Banned
Seems like Verendus has played it :).
Played 7. Thought it was great.
Played 8. Thought it was great.
Played 9. Thought it was great.
Played 10. Thought it was good.
Played 12. Thought it was a huge disappointment. Squandered potential.
Played 13. Thought it was thoroughly mediocre. No potential.
Played 4. Thought it was okay-ish.
Played 6. Thought it was okay-ish.

Edit:

Played 15. Thought it was great.

xviper

this is amazing news, i remember Witcher 3 getting leaked about 2 weeks before release date and i finished it before it even officially came out, same thing with MGS V

now it's happening with FFXV, can't wait to play it

Seems super early, although I've noticed this tends to happen with games that are delayed at the last minute. I assume it's because the delays are extra generous, just in case.

Darkman M

Aren't most games now in days out in the wild early? I'm not sure why people are freaking out this happens every other game or so.

Arkeband

Banned
Would have been cool to find that photocopied "thank you for your support" insert on my own, but whatever. Cool stuff.

Hopefully this moves back the embargo, if people are going to be streaming the whole game starting today.

From the other thread, there's a graymarket guy on Craigslist in Sacremento, California, who says he will be getting a shipment tomorrow. Not advocating this, just posting for newsworthiness.

Ydelnae

Would it be viable if a patch prevents you from playing the game ~3 days before release? I'm against making the consumer pay for other's mistakes, but when stuff like this happens, a game being out in the wild 2 weeks in advance, I feel like the developer should take measures.

Toth

Arrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Is SE going to come down on that shop now though?

This is the Spanish version right - can you switch to English text?

artsi

Would it be viable if a patch prevents you from playing the game ~3 days before release? I'm against making the consumer pay for other's mistakes, but when stuff like this happens, a game being out in the wild 2 weeks in advance, I feel like the developer should take measures.

They have the disc and could just not download any patches, so it's kind of impossible to prevent people from playing.

That would need to be a feature in the disc's code itself, but I doubt Sony would even allow it.

Falk

that puzzling face

Well, there's two possibilities then:

1) people just unplug their consoles

2) if the game required you to validate before playing, we're back to pre-180' xbone policies and the assorted uproar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom