• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV copies out in the wild (street date broken in Peru, possibly elsewhere)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a bunch of people PM me asking to read this thread. This is certainly an interesting position we're all in.

As much as I would love for Verendus's post to be genuine and actual opinions on the game, there are some points that make me turn my head. Could be that it was poorly worded or he could've mixed something up but it's on him to prove to us that he actually played the whole thing.

Trust me, I would love if this was the case. It's just some points have me questioning it.

There aren't any direct contradictions. In fact, some of his impressions do align with my own, e.g. about the visceral control in set pieces vs. previous work in JRPGs.

As Jason said, however, a lot of the things he says are very broad and open to interpretation. There are some things that strike me as odd even as an opinion, but if it's an opinion, then it'd be an opinion.

I'm not going to get any more specific than that.

Pretty much this.

Gbraga

If you can like Genesis after the terrible Loveless reading bullshit and general bad writing of 7/CC I legit think you can like any game/char no matter how bad they are.

I also like Vanille. Tied with Sazh for best character in FFXIII. Fang has the best design tho.

This is why I mentioned John Edwards before -- it's the classic psychic approach. You throw out a bunch of predictions, and make many of them as vague as possible like "we're getting new console JRPG from Square Enix" or "the PS4 is getting an exclusive from a major third-party publisher." When it turns out that Square Enix is indeed making a console JRPG and the PS4 is indeed getting a third-party exclusive, you look brilliant, and people tend to remember those vague promises rather than the very specific ones you got wrong (because everyone wants to believe). It's easy to retroactively fit reality into broad predictions, and for the specific ones it's easy to claim that either things have changed or you slipped in false information to avoid getting caught. Add a couple of high-percentage guesses (FFXII remake! FFVII remake!) and you've got a good thing going..

with the difference that he reposted that list before E3 2015 implying that some of those will be announced there
About the crossovergame he said it will be exclusive & no mosou title (Nier was announced as an PS4 exlusive though its now also confirmed for PC)

pretty big coincidence that indeed some of those titles were announced during E3 2015
(Nier, Setsuna, WOFF, Sea of Thieves....)

and if he really works for Sony, i doubt he can really go into detail about those projects, since he problably would get some serious problems.

apart from that, there were and are also some predictions that were more specific
Dragon Quest (2xmainline titles - 2 spinn-offs - Remake)

Between 2017-2018 we should hear about his biggest predictions - Predictions that only Verendus claimed and are unbelievable for many people here

For example the Sony Japan AAA JRPG - the 2 exclusive Sega Games (atleast one of them should be announced) - the second exclusive Fromsoftware Game (he said Sony made a deal with 3 Games)
the non AAA FF7 Spinn-Off

But im curious to see now how FALK/the mods will handle this - i hope this will be clarified soon

Had a bunch of people PM me asking to read this thread. This is certainly an interesting position we're all in.

As much as I would love for Verendus's post to be genuine and actual opinions on the game, there are some points that make me turn my head. Could be that it was poorly worded or he could've mixed something up but it's on him to prove to us that he actually played the whole thing.

Trust me, I would love if this was the case. It's just some points have me questioning it.

Pretty much this.
And the hole gets ever deeper. If this all turns out to be fake I'm going to feel like a huge idiot sending him a thank you message after reading his impressions...

I thought Vanille was alright. You're spot on re Fang's design. But no Genny in 7R please =P
You just watch. In 7R Part 3 they are going to replace Tifa with Genesis in a way that George Lucas would be proud of. It will all be part of the ORIGINAL story that the creators intended but couldn't do at the time.

vato_loco

I can also confirm that Argentina has broken street date. The guy I bought the game from told me today he's already got the Deluxe Editions and the regular editions in a couple of days. He'll be shipping them to me but also warned me that playing the game before release date could potentially result in my account being banned.

I don't think I'm gonna risk getting banned, but at least the second I can play the game, I will.

Audioboxer

And the hole gets ever deeper. If this all turns out to be fake I'm going to feel like a huge idiot sending him a thank you message after reading his impressions...

Heh, don't blame yourself the community should know soon enough. There's sharing private info that may change or get delayed and then there is just making shit up. The later understandably gets people banned. CBOAT notoriously got banned for making up an Xbox NPD result. At best it causes misinformation to spread, at worst it causes topic meltdowns and masses of posts that people need to trawl through. PITA on a board this big for people to lie about popular content.

It's not cool to abuse your position of power over a community as an "insider". Either way Jason and some others asked some questions and no judgement should pass until things get cleared up.

I can also confirm that Argentina has broken street date. The guy I bought the game from told me today he's already got the Deluxe Editions and the regular editions in a couple of days. He'll be shipping them to me but also warned me that playing the game before release date could potentially result in my account being banned.

I don't think I'm gonna risk getting banned, but at least the second I can play the game, I will.

Nah man don't worry Sony won't ban your account for playing a legitimate copy of a game early. Just don't live stream it or anything to avoid headaches. They do take down streams although even then I don't know if they temp suspend twitch accounts or not.

But as always, Uruguay will get it 3 or 4 days after the official date... I don't understand this.

Why can't you just play with the PS4 offline?

Grim-Reality

Neo Member
Not defending anyone but I find it amusing that FFVII R was 'a sure thing'. It's easy to say that now of course but a couple of years ago I doubt there were tons of people that thought it was 100% guaranteed to happen.

Kieli

Reminds me of a Gaffer whose copy of some triple-AAA game fell off his pirate ship.

But srs tho. I'm legit shook that we may have astroturfers amongst us.

Thanks for posting here. Good to hear more about the impressions of Verendus, as it clarifies a lot.

I am 100% sure you won't ever get banned for playing the games early. If that is the case, Sony will be banning the reviewers/press too, as they usually get the game early, lol.

Play it without fear of any ban, as there is none. Although do keep in mind that streaming will get you temporarily banned on that particular website (Twitch,UStream,YouTube) and the same applies for sharing early videos, they might get taken down if they have spoilers.

silva1991

I also like Vanille. Tied with Sazh for best character in FFXIII. Fang has the best design tho.

3FBwwRCNTSa52.gif

Opinions and all, but dear lord she is obnoxious to me.

HMD

That never happened before on Sony's consoles. Otherwise the entirety of the Middle East would be banned because we've broken almost all street dates.

Although do keep in mind that streaming will get you temporarily banned on that particular website (Twitch,UStream,YouTube) and the same applies for sharing early videos, they might get taken down if they have spoilers.

This. I once got a 24 hour PSN ban for streaming The Order on Twitch using the Share button.

Falk

that puzzling face
You just watch. In 7R Part 3 they are going to replace Tifa with Genesis in a way that George Lucas would be proud of. It will all be part of the ORIGINAL story that the creators intended but couldn't do at the time.

all these jokes guys

all you need to do is change the soundtrack from the original psx version and you get death threats

Not defending anyone but I find it amusing that FFVII R was 'a sure thing'. It's easy to say that now of course but a couple of years ago I doubt there were tons of people that thought it was 100% guaranteed to happen.
Never forget the Final Fantasy VII "Technical Demo" for PS3.

"This is what the opening of Final Fantasy VII would look like on the PS3! Isn't that amazing? Almost life-like? That's the power of the PS3! ....what? Oh no this isn't a remake sorry! It's a demonstration of the power of the system! Who wants a remake anyways when you have three titles in the Fábula Nova Crystalis story coming out soon!"

They should outsource the FFVII remake to Ninja Theory

tgc didn't dispatch mine yet btw, seems it was indeed a case of them shitting themselves over broken street dates, and taking early payment :(

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
all these jokes guys

all you need to do is change the soundtrack from the original psx version and you get death threats
Options. I just want options ~_~ let me chose between original OST and the new one..

But on the other hand I would never make death threats b/c of it.

My name, by the way, is Cloud. But you can call me Cloud, the demon killer. Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?

F*** you!

No, f*** you!

Is there a date earmarked for the FFXV OT to go up? And are there any more details on a Bestiary? Know there's a database that comes with the patch that's already available, but don't know what's in it

Sesuadra

Unconfirmed Member
They should outsource the FFVII remake to Ninja Theory

tgc didn't dispatch mine yet btw, seems it was indeed a case of them shitting themselves over broken street dates, and taking early payment :(

Can not we not make these kind of jokes? I just turned 30. and I want my heart to work 60more years ~_~

SephiZack

I think I'm gonna start calling every videogame shop in London to ask if they're selling copies of FFXV, unless someone already knows any shop that has broken street date

Blobbers

Two things that still make me believe Verendus is someone who's privy to at least some non-public information:

1. New Naval RPG
"The new Naval RPG is a western game. Big publisher, big budget."

2. He said CAPCOM was working on 2 Monster Hunter games for the PS4, which might end up coming true after the recent capcom statements and the 4chan leak. Monster Hunter Western Appeal + Frontier Z

Ray Down

Banned
Two things that still make me believe Verendus is someone who's privy to at least some non-public information:

1. New Naval RPG
"The new Naval RPG is a western game. Big publisher, big budget."

2. He said CAPCOM was working on 2 Monster Hunter games for the PS4, which might end up coming true after the recent capcom statements and the 4chan leak. Monster Hunter Western Appeal + Frontier Z

Naval rpg was the Rare game.

One of those Monster Hunter was Frontier 2 but that got canned.

Gbraga

Yeah but you also meme about Gladio with me so I forgive you everything.
you can also like whatever you want OuO

It's as Falk always says: "The only thing in this world I can't forgive is the fact that Gladio puts on a shirt when he removes his jacket".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom