• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV Gamescom Demo liked by 90% of the players, 8% neutral, 2% disliked it

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the end of the demo, players were prompted to input their feedback on a tablet, choosing between positive, neutral and negative options.

90% selected positive, 8% neutral, and only 2% selected negative.

Q6HFl3U.jpg

NFiej8Y.jpg

Guaranteed, this is not really a good way to gauge the opinion of fans, but it is still interesting nonetheless. Kind of like a Nico Nico poll at the end of livestreams.

2 percent was GAF :p

The 8% is actually labeled "Natural," not neutral.
ナチュラル not ニュートラル

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
Ok? Not sure what metric this is supposed to represent in regards to actual quality though

I have had to opt out of following this game closely. It's a roller-coaster of positive momentum swinging into a bad showing (or like a comment in an interview) that flares up concerns for the game. To keep expectations in check I'm avoiding media and a lot of the discussion around the game. On the other hand, I can see how this is all pretty exciting for supporters or skeptics of the game

Pooya

that seems like a really worthless survey. It's not like the game is looking like trash, chances are people 'like' a demo. but do they like it enough to shell out money for it or recommend it to others? etc...

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
The 8% is actually labeled "Natural," not neutral.
ナチュラル not ニュートラル
Sounds like an error then? Unless Japanese has taken to use "natural" in an odd way (スマート style)

Paz

Well you need over 95% positive reviews on Steam to get the "Overwhelmingly Positive" moniker so obviously they should just cancel FFXV right now.

Sounds like an error then? Unless Japanese has taken to use "natural" in an odd way (スマート style)

It might be like how they use スマート. I don't recall ever hearing it used in a conversation, but usually people would say 普通 (normal, ordinary) for something they didn't think was great or bad.

El-Suave

Good to hear, I didn't check the footage out because I'm on a bit of a media blackout with this game, but I was fearing bad things after I listened to a German podcast where the two hosts hated almost everything about the demo.

JBwB

I'm loving the percentages shown here but what about the hard numbers? How many players were surveyed?

GAF is the 2% haha.

Tyaren

Gafers seem to find it it very hard to believe that FFXV might actually turn out to be a good game, lol. I like to complain about it's graphics (and some other stuff) here all day too but, you know, the game can still be good...even great.
That poll just mirrors the overall impression I got from Gamescom: The overwhelming majority of all players (convention visitors and gaming journalists) actually liked the game. It was just very few people that didn't like it. Tellingly it were mostly Neogafers. ;) FFXV won best RPG of the show and IGN's people's choice award of Gamescom too.

Matticers

Weren't most impressions from the press positive too when they played up to chapter 3 or whatever it was a week or two ago? Seems like it's being pretty well received by most who play it yet the game is talked about like it's going to be a total flop. Or like there are a ton of things to worry about. I don't get it.

Yeah, this means nothing at all. Let's see the full game when it releases and how it stacks up against Final Fantasy games.

The game has too many studos working on it and one reason why one part of the last demo had chugging shit gameplay and other parts wasn't..

Have the feeling it's going to play like different games in parts with some being good and parts being down right un fun and bad

LowParry

The game has too many studos working on it and one reason why one part of the last demo had chugging shit gameplay and other parts wasn't..

Have the feeling it's going to play like different games in parts with some being good and parts being down right un fun and bad

Too many? Such as?

Weren't most impressions from the press positive too when they played up to chapter 3 or whatever it was a week or two ago? Seems like it's being pretty well received by most who play it yet the game is talked about like it's going to be a total flop. Or like there are a ton of things to worry about. I don't get it.

People who haven't played it are going by the media they've given us, which quite frankly, has been underwhelming. And when they do show more, it's essentially more of the same stuff we've seen over the last few years.

I'm optimistic about the game and it's one of my most anticipated games period, but I can't really blame people for being skeptical.

edit: though I will say that 50 minute video from last week or whenever was pretty good.

Lynx_7

Well you need over 95% positive reviews on Steam to get the "Overwhelmingly Positive" moniker so obviously they should just cancel FFXV right now.

It's also less than Final Fantasy VII, which has 93% positive reviews on Steam. Square has said they wouldn't do a VII remake until they could surpass it first. Since XV won't be that game, what with only 90% positive reactions, then they should also cancel VIIR while they're at it.
See what you've done Tabata? Nomura could've gotten that sweet 94%.

Art assets are outsourced all the time which means every major AAA game is being worked on by 'too many' studios.

The actual game is being developed by Square Enix's Business Division 2.

Just finished watching kings glaive, I can't imagine playing FFXV without having seen that amazing movie.
Gives me hopes for the game.
Edit:my point is watching the movie adds to the experience .

Well, that's good I guess. Doesn't really mean all that much, imo. Anyone who thinks this game is actually going to be genuinely bad/awful is pretty goofy. My main concern is that it'll just be somewhat uninteresting and lacking in polish.

When all is said and done, it'll probably review decently (~80% metacritic), people will see it as a step forward from XIII, and it'll attract at least some new people who weren't really fans of traditional JRPGs. I don't see it putting FF back in the position of domination it once held, but I think it helps pave the way towards bringing it in line with the modern AAA landscape.

In my opinion, though, SE Japan really needs to cultivate other IPs instead of just relying on the same few in literally every market.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cool - then again most people trying or wanting to play FFXV are probably into the game to begin with. I wouldnt wanna wait hours for a game im not really interested in - especially if it already had a public demo and is about to release soon.

Man, I can only imagine if it got 2% positive, 8 middle road and 90% bad.

Conversation wouldn't be oh it's nothing.

But nonetheless, is there no numbers just a random survey results?

That's good to hear, but I'm not sure how much impressions from a demo mean for the actual future of the game. Arguably there's a pretty big selection bias issue going on with the long wait. And most preview impressions like this tend to be fairly good, like with most movies (and happens when with games, go look at NMS previews).

So, all around. Meh ¯|_(ツ)_|¯

Man, I can only imagine if it got 2% positive, 8 middle road and 90% bad.

Conversation wouldn't be oh it's nothing.

But nonetheless, is there no numbers just a random survey results?

Kind of. But really it puts a lower bound on how bad this game can be, which is what's interesting. What would the favorability ratings of FFXIII look like? I'm guessing not 90/8/2.

So even if this game isn't great, most players at least enjoyed it. That's heartening.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom