• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV Main Story Takes 50 Hours, Airship Implementation Determined

Status
Not open for further replies.

DKHF

Tabata spoke to Famitsu today saying FFXV's main story now takes 50 hours to complete rather than 40 hours as was estimated in 2014. How airships will be implemented has now been determined. Tabata didn't want to comment on the leaked release date, just saying for the moment it will come out "this year".

Tabata also confirmed cactuar is in FFXV

Full translation of the interview from Sato at Siliconera http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/2...main-story-length-frame-rate-airship-cactuar/

The father of Final Fantasy in Hironobu Sakaguchi called out Tabata saying “Let me tell you my impression on the Final Fantasy XV demo.” While Tabata can’t say what they talked about, he mentions with a laugh that Sakaguchi had a whole lot to say.

A playable tech demo will be properly shown at the event.

As for the Airship, it has been decided from long ago on how they would introduce it into the game. It’s something that would have you say “this is the kind of Airship that should be in Final Fantasy XV.”

Maintaining a frame rate of 30fps is their objective. This has not been completely optimized as of yet, as there are times where it breaks 30. They will continue making adjustments until the last minute before the game goes gold. If they’re unable to fixate on the 30fps, they will do something different.

As for the game’s resolution, it’ll be revealed at the release event on March 31st.

As for a PS4 bundle version, Square Enix is working on making it happen.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2016/03/2...ame-rate-airship-cactuar/#1kOx9xVlTrqjOJmV.99

Original source: https://twitter.com/ffworldcom tweets translating from Japanese.

Video of the Famitsu interview

artsi

Based Tabata!

I'm sure it will be hell of a ride.

bdxRlau.gif

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
The real question becomes now that we know how the industry makes long games, are these shitty side quest grind 50 hours or shitty collectathon 50 hours?

raven777

Tabata also said the right now the game is not stable 30fps. They will need to work on the frame rate until the very end of the development.

The real question becomes now that we know how the industry makes long games, are these shitty side quest grind 50 hours or shitty collectathon 50 hours?

Last time he commented on the game's lenght, he was speaking about the main story, not side contents.

So they "determined airships", huh? That's ... great, considering they're trying to release the damn game this year ... finally ... after 10 years.

Man, the sudden feeling of being old, when, at the time FF XIII and Versus XIII were announced, i was 22.

Good length. Not too short for an RPG and, more importantly, not too long either. Many's the time I've played an RPG and found myself sick of it by the end because of content excess (*cough*The Witcher 3*cough*).

ViciousDS

Banned
YUUUSSSSS

Let's fucking do this! I almost traveled for the event lol

Next week can't some soon enough, having a party at my place with food for this!

artsi

We've had twice as long Final Fantasy games without those before. A main quest of 50 hours sounds like what it should be.

Tigel

I wouldn't get my hopes up too much. Controllable airships is not an afterthought feature that you implement when you're like only 6 months away from release.

koutoru

Wouldn't be surprised if the final resolution stayed at 900p on PS4 if they're still trying to get a stable 30fps.

Asd202

Are we talking about MGS5 50hrs or FFX 50hrs? Because the former is just repeating open world junk.

Who knows we'll see when the game releases.

Wouldn't be surprised if the final resolution stayed at 900p on PS4 if they're still trying to get a stable 30fps.

Xbone version will be a thing of legends. I hope that they'll make it to 1080p and 30 FPS most of the time.

Cool. THey have a lot of time for optimization so I am not worried about that. I am curious about what has been determined about airships too lol

Like are they in, out or DLC?

Ydelnae

"we have determined to implement airships like this..."

hopefully not

I think it will be a mix between this and regular free roaming airship. The game is not open world and the regions aren't physically connected in game, so I expect that you will choose from a menu like that, which region of the world do you want to travel and then you will choose exactly where to go controlling the airship.

Philippo

I laready know my first playthrough will go well beyond the 100hrs and thats without doing a completionist run.

Hype is way beyond control now, can't wait for next week.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
We've had twice as long Final Fantasy games without those before. A main quest of 50 hours sounds like what it should be.
If they can pull it off without feeling padded, then hats off to them. I just don't see how that is possible if no other developer can do singleplayer that way.

Yes, I'm ready for September 30th.

And just the main quest being 50 hours is great, with all the optional stuff I can see me spending 100+ hours. I think I'll want to platinum this, but that'll depend on if there are any crazy trophies.

The end of the year will be spent playing FFXV and Pokemon Moon (and Persona 5, oh god).

Sub_Level

wants to fuck an Asian grill.
Are we talking about MGS5 50hrs or FFX 50hrs? Because the former is just repeating open world junk.

FFX is more like 30 hours for main story.

I think XII and XIII are the longest singleplayer FF games, for doing just the story.

Arkeband

Banned
Totally unsurprised by the unstable 30fps, Duscae was never smooth even on PS4, but people really wanted to pretend that it was because it was super old.

Hopefully it's at least in 1080p if it's not able to hit 30fps.

I don't believe that 50 hour main story estimate, the whole "open-world" approach is basically intended to waste your time, you know we're going to be running around on foot doing fetch quests, we did it in Duscae.

I need proof!

artsi

I think it will be a mix between this and regular free roaming airship. The game is not open world and the regions aren't physically connected in game, so I expect that you will choose from a menu like that, which region of the world do you want to travel and then you will choose exactly where to go controlling the airship.

I think they've said many times that the world is one open, unified world but there will be artificial roadblocks that open by playing the story (and in the end you can explore all of it).

Like GTA (the older ones) or Red Dead Redemption, not like Elder Scrolls or Witcher 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom