• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FFXV on XB1 getting 1 Stars reviews on JP Amazon

Translation.

cyhgtkluuaan6calnsiy.jpg

Why? Because people thought they bought the PS4 version.

'What's an Xbox?' - Japan

Seriously though, the reasons behind one-star Amazon.co.jp reviews just get better and better.

JayEH

Amazon reviewers always do petty shit like this. Always have to be actually read what they're saying.

User reviews in Japan are always at extreme's. Either it is 1 star or 5 stars the majority of the time. Also there are people in Japan buying the Xbox One version of Final Fantasy? LOL!

Kinyou

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture ( I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it....

Ladekabel

I mean the reason isn't as new. I saw quite a few 1-star reviews for Wii U games because people were mad that they didn't work in their Wiis.

-shadow-

I know that they don't care about the Xbox One, but surely they knew it wasn't for the PS4 when Amazon is that obvious about the products? Are they really that ignorant about the system!?

i always wonder if this user imagined that his post would still be quoted so many years after.

Where's the actual original post anyway? This has had to start as an parody.

moai

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture ( I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it....

i always wonder if this user imagined that his post would still be quoted so many years after.

Gestault

This kind of review is a pet peeve of mine. Like on Newegg, if someone reviews something based on some random outside criteria, it's just such a waste of time. Whether it's "Well it was broken by design, but five stars for fast shipping!" or "Well it works as described, but I didn't know what kind of ram I needed. One Star!"

perorist

Unconfirmed Member
Amazon reviewers always do petty shit like this. Always have to be actually read what they're saying.
Yeah.
Amazon JPN reviews are nothing new, they've always been trashy or funny.
While the PS4 version is also getting its share of 1-star trolling reviews, 19 out of the 20 1-star reviews on the XB1 page from the OP tweet are by people who purchased from amazon. $140~ is a lot to pay just so you could put up a troll review.

GeeTeeCee

Given Square Enix's peculiar fetish for giving games weird, nonsensical names and subtitles, maybe people just assumed "Xbox One Version" was code for "Day One Edition" or something.

Considering the reviews pictured here are all fairly well written and rational and not irate 2ch gibberish...I am calling elaborate trolls on this one.

Top Bottom