• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 (Wii) vs FIFA 13 (Wii) - Besides transfers and kits, it's the same game

PaulLFC

This was posted by Jubbly in the FIFA 13 OT, but I think it deserves highlighting, because it's pretty disgusting from EA.

As revealed by Nintendo Gamer, FIFA 13 on Wii is nothing more than the Wii version of FIFA 12 with the number changed, transfers updated and kits changed. They've posted up a lot of comparison screenshots, I'll quote some of them below. On the left, FIFA 12, and on the right, FIFA 13:

a12.jpg
a13.jpg

b12.jpg
b13.jpg

d12.jpg
d13.jpg

e12.jpg
e13.jpg

h12.jpg
h13.jpg

More screenshots at the link

This should have been a free update, or at the most paid DLC for a reduced price. Charging full RRP for this is an insult to Wii owners and anyone who buys it.

Such horror. Seriously though, who does this with their brand? :/
Isn't Fifa WiiU a 'test' with it just 2012 port of the 360 version?

@MUWANdo

Banned
Didn't they pull a similar stunt with a Tiger Woods game for PC not so long ago? Like, they took one of their crappy free-to-play cash shop browser games, rebranded it as if it was the latest console game and then charged full price for it on Steam?

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I hope that programmer got paid extra for sacrificing his one lunchtime break to put this together.

Let's be honest here. The main reason people keep buying FIFA/Madden/NBA 2K game each year is because of the roster and kit updates.

PaulLFC

I guess EA sees no point in developing good games on consoles, which will end their lifecycle in the next 1-2 year.
They see a point in charging people full RRP for nothing more than a transfer and kit update, though. Shameful stuff. And despite the popular opinion on it, I have a feeling the Vita will be around for quite a while longer than that.

Nibel

Pathetic company releases pathetic game, nothing new

Besides: the core FIFA gamers play on the 360 or PS3, so although this is embarassing they will get away with this easily

Meelow

Banned

With the Gamepad things and stuff like that, EA also gimped FIFA 07 for the Xbox 360, EA hates new consoles lol.

That's was pretty much the situation of PC FIFA before 11. Infact, it was probably the same engine too. That thing was TERRIBLE!

Wow! That's actually pretty incredible. While I'm sure they probably just didn't want to spend the resources on this, it's a disgusting practice and one that should make headlines.

miksar

I believe they did nothing but updated squads for PS2 after PS3 and 360 became primary platforms. Wii is in essentially the same position right now.

Yagharek

If you have a Wii dont bother with Fifa, get PES playmaker 2011-12 or wait for 13. Im still playing 2011 and its still the best football game Ive played.

Ever/

jerd

Pretty sure that is indeed the main reason and why the game sells tons every year.

Most people are completely unaware of the changes and buy it anyway. GAF is a minority.

I've never really thought about this I guess. I'm on a 2 year cycle with NBA 2K and a 3-4 year with NCAA and Madden, and I just have a hard time believing people are buying yearly for a roster update and new uniforms. But I suppose there are people, ok I guess most people (forget how much of a nerd I am sometimes) who don't even see trailers or gameplay or impressions of games before they buy them. Some poor souls are going to be picking this game up on Wii even though they already have FIFA 12, just because they enjoy the series.

aganu

Lol what?i think i read it had feature parity.
I doubt it. I watched two gameplay videos for the Wii U version and from what I noticed, First Touch and Tactical Free Kicks are clearly missing. Not sure if the new attacking A.I. is included but in the videos it resembled FIFA 12's A.I. on PS360/PC a lot more.

Kiyo

A company that likes making money? Obviously EA did the analysis and determined that it'd still sell enough with only a roster upgrade vs putting time into the game to sell a few more.

bud23

This is a shame,but I´m not surprised at all given that the Vita version is exactly the last Fifa updated with the new rosters.Well done again EA.

Massa

Shocking news: the PS2 version is also the same as last year's.

This is a shame,but I´m not surprised at all given that the Vita version is exactly the last Fifa updated with the new rosters.Well done again EA.

To be fair, it's not. Sounds like they improved the game's performance quite significantly.

Top Bottom