• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 12 (Wii) vs FIFA 13 (Wii) - Besides transfers and kits, it's the same game

Sid

No Ultimate Team, which is the biggest feature/mode of the game.

I doubt it. I watched two gameplay videos for the Wii U version and from what I noticed, First Touch and Tactical Free Kicks are clearly missing. Not sure if the new attacking A.I. is included but in the videos it resembled FIFA 12's A.I. on PS360/PC a lot more.

Shocking news: the PS2 version is also the same as last year's.

To be fair, it's not. Sounds like they improved the game's performance quite significantly.

I dunno about that, didn't the 3DS version lack online play for a while? lol

Still does.
So every platform apart from ps360 and pc gets half assed versions,wowzers.

Massa

EA is very funny sometimes,for example about the non inclusion of the ultimate team mode
on Wii U.

"Some of the more advanced [modes] that took many years to kind of come onto 360 and PS3, things like Ultimate Team, they aren’t on it at launch, but the biggest one in terms of popularity is.”
http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/08/08/fifa-13-wii-u-the-good-news-and-bad-news/

What? As far I know ultimate team mode is the biggest one.

They explain what the most popular mode is in the paragraph you cut, just before the one you quoted.

EA is very funny sometimes,for example about the non inclusion of the ultimate team mode
on Wii U.

"Some of the more advanced [modes] that took many years to kind of come onto 360 and PS3, things like Ultimate Team, they aren’t on it at launch, but the biggest one in terms of popularity is.”
http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/08/08/fifa-13-wii-u-the-good-news-and-bad-news/

What? As far I know ultimate team mode is the biggest one.

it's the biggest one to hackers and scammers sure, but not the most played mode apparently.

Sid

EA should start a new series in the FIFA franchise called FIFA RS(reskinned) coz the non ps3/360/pc versions seem to be spiritual entries in that series.

EA's treatment of old gen games have hurt their image so much. Its my belief that they lost money for so many years (and had low Madden, Fifa, NHL, NBA sales) due to the fact that while they were developing great games on 360 from 2006 and onwards, they stopped developing seriously on PS2 (and never did on Wii) and ended up just shoveling roster updates on those systems. The average joe would probably see the ads from the 360 game and wanted that game, and would go out and buy the PS2 version and find out that they bought a piece of crap.

PaulLFC

EA should start a new series in the FIFA franchise called FIFA RS(reskinned) coz the non ps3/360/pc versions seem to be spiritual entries in that series.
In the case of the Wii version, they couldn't even be bothered to reskin it.

Arxisz

Absolutely disgusting. Can't believe they get away with shit like this, hope they get sued or something.

Vita comparisons!

FIFA Football!

iNaXjG94jP54f.jpg

iKBmSoerNvsFG.jpg

iPZfN15Eym3h7.jpg

FIFA 13!

And bonus Soundtrack list!

Disgraceful! What a waste of £25!

All the same modes and everything!

Sid

Absolutely disgusting. Can't believe they get away with shit like this, hope they get sued or something.
They can be sued for this right?since every version is marketed as FIFA 13 they should all be the same or have different names,heck there are stil no reviews of the VITA version.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
They can be sued for this right?since every version is marketed as FIFA 13 they should all be the same or have different names,heck there are stil no reviews of the VITA version.
Well, EA didn't get sued for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mJgWm6h7A0

And Ubisoft didn't get sued for this (rebranding their old PS2 game to have the same cover as a new game):

New box art cover for the greatest hit version of PoP Sands of Time one the PS2:
500x_popbox2.jpg

From Amazon:
Source: http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00009ZVHY/?tag=neogaf0e-20

Original Cover:

500x_popbox1.jpg

So, either no one cares to sue, or apparently not.

Well can't really sue if the box shows the same content as the last game. People pretty much know they're getting the same game if they actually look before the buy.

because this version doesn't include any thing from the main versions! No skill games or even a 2 year old defending system!

If it doesn't say on the box as a new feature, it won't be in the game.

PaulLFC

Well, EA didn't get sued for this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mJgWm6h7A0

And Ubisoft didn't get sued for this (rebranding their old PS2 game to have the same cover as a new game):

So, either no one cares to sue, or apparently not.
Didn't EA get sued for Tiger Woods on PC which was just a rebranded Tiger Woods Online? Either that or they got enough complaints that they were forced to refund anyone who bought it.

Hopefully that happens here, if I'd bought FIFA 12 and then got FIFA 13 and discovered it was basically identical I'd be fuming.

Had a look at the box for FIFA 13 in Gamestation at dinner, surprisingly enough there's no menu screenshots, they're all of the match so it's not obvious that it's the same game.

Didn't EA get sued for Tiger Woods on PC which was just a rebranded Tiger Woods Online? Either that or they got enough complaints that they were forced to refund anyone who bought it.

Hopefully that happens here, if I'd bought FIFA 12 and then got FIFA 13 and discovered it was basically identical I'd be fuming.

Had a look at the box for FIFA 13 in Gamestation at dinner, surprisingly enough there's no menu screenshots, they're all of the match so it's not obvious that it's the same game.

Tiger Woods Online was a free to play game, and PC isn't a dead system like the Wii.

And you need to read the descriptions. Not rely on screenshots.

wrowa

Tiger Woods Online was a free to play game, and PC isn't a dead system like the Wii.

And you need to read the descriptions. Not rely on screenshots.

Are you seriously defending EA here? Of course people expect to get a new game when they buy a new game. Even if the description lists nothing new, you at least expect improvements over what you got before. The Wii game however? It has nothing. It's simply the older version with new stats. The amount of work done on it amounts to a few days.

What makes it worse imo is that it's a version that's going to be mostly played by kids who don't know any better. They are ripping of the most vulnerable part of their audience who get 2 or 3 games to play in a year... The ones who think that 60$ makes you a rich person.

Vita comparisons!

FIFA Football!

FIFA 13!

And bonus Soundtrack list!

At least the Vita version got a new start-screen and menus.

Hiltz

IGN: EA has been called the evil empire of the gaming industry. You've been called out before by your own former employees, gaming media for the state of your company's work environment and even gamers are aware of your shady business practices. What's EA's response to this ?

EA: That's silly, were not evil.

IGN: The most recent example is EA reselling FIFA 12 as FIFA 13 since it is basically the same exact game and charging full price for it.

EA: Okay. Maybe we're a little evil.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
IGN: EA has been called the evil empire of the gaming industry. You've been called out before by your own former employees, gaming media for the state of your company's work environment and even gamers are aware of your shady business practices. What's EA's response to this ?

EA: That's silly, were not evil.

IGN: The most recent example is EA reselling FIFA 12 as FIFA 13 since it is basically the same exact game and charging full price for it.

EA: Okay. Maybe we're a little evil.

What will happen first? Honest business practises from EA or IGN actually asking hard hitting questions.

Are you seriously defending EA here? Of course people expect to get a new game when they buy a new game. Even if the description lists nothing new, you at least expect improvements over what you got before. The Wii game however? It has nothing. It's simply the older version with new stats. The amount of work done on it amounts to a few days.

What makes it worse imo is that it's a version that's going to be mostly played by kids who don't know any better. They are ripping of the most vulnerable part of their audience who get 2 or 3 games to play in a year... The ones who think that 60$ makes you a rich person.

I'm defending anyone who makes packaged goods. I'm saying that the consumer has A LOT of responsibility when it comes to purchasing.

And if you want something new, then you shouldn't really disregard roster updates and kit updates. There's literally thousands of clubs that require tons of art work to be done.

And, no, it's not mostly played by kids. It's mostly played by no one because the Wii is dead. I am, however, very disappointed in 3DS and Vita being the same as the previous version.

I just picked up Fifa 13 (for Xbox), the last one I owned being 10. I'm not one to complain about this, but the amount of online bullshit is insane. It seems like there's about 3 different online services you need to subscribe to to actually get all the features. Some modes need Origin accounts, there's a separate site to manage your ultimate team, and of course, the all enveloping EA online thingy. Plus the constant guiding of you towards the online store full of content that could have been included at literally no extra cost.

Hell, it wouldn't be as bad if one of the 3 services you are connected to didn't randomly drop out every half hour.

dc89

That's just disgraceful. I genuinely feel sorry for people going out and unknowingly buying those versions (Vita included) knowing they basically already have the same game.

Foshy

What's funny about the Vita version is that they removed last year's version from the PS Store and replaced it with FIFA 13. I was hoping that they would have priced it cheaper now, but it's completely gone.

Well, the 360/PS3 versions sell multiple millions per year.

The Wii and Vita versions will struggle to sell 100k combined.

Why dedicate time and resources to significantly update them?

Afrikan

What's funny about the Vita version is that they removed last year's version from the PS Store and replaced it with FIFA 13. I was hoping that they would have priced it cheaper now, but it's completely gone.

man...It would be nice if I deleted my digital download off Fifa Vita, and tried to redownload it again....but this time it actually linked to a Fifa 13 download..lol. Wish EA was lazy in that regard.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
this is why I stopped buying fifa game now...same fuckin shit (faces that doesn't even match the player at all, shit grass graphics, crowd made out of cardboard, etc.) and just few tweaks repackaged as a 65 dollar game. not worth the buy

Top Bottom