• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 17 demo releases today

Considering updating my fifa 13 to this. Just because I like the new premier league colour scheme? Also the seems to be ok on PC, and origin has 50% off..

Are the deluxe editions worth it?
If it's 40 packs at the start of Fifa, like on the day you first load it up, you have 40 packs waiting for you? Then yes, it's worth it. If they are delivered over the course of 40 weeks or whatever, then no.

I'll take it as a no.

Dinokill

#NoEraPenal

pY1BwN.gif

That was clearly a penalty and a red card too.

Hellgardia

I was able to play a few games and i actually enjoyed it more than i expected gameplay-wise. Regarding the graphics, i expected more from frostbite but they seemed better than 16's at least.

Why EA won't let us transfers Utimate Teams? Shit is frustrating.

Transfer how? From 16 to 17 or from a platform to another? The answer is always because they win more money if they don´t but there´s also some technical reasons to not do it.
The cards aren´t the same from 16 to 17, there´s a different market for each platform so the cards value is different from platform to platform and there´s also the fact that the XBox 360 and One ports have the Legends cards that are not available anywhere else.

KHlover

Banned
RdaaPfl.gif

FIFA system for punishments is weird. If you foul someone and the referee gives advantage you won't get carded if you play until the halftime is over without interruption. Also won't get carded if you shoot a goal after the enemy team gets advantage. If the enemy team has advantage after a foul and you foul again, only the most recent foul will get carded.

All of these should be pretty fool proof, my method of testing was using a sliding tackle from behind onto a player who's not in posession of the ball. That's an instant red card, so players still being on the field in the above circumstances is a pretty good indication.

akileese

This weird xbox one demo "update" broke the game. I can't seem the weight anything on full manual and every goal scored so far has been ruled an own goal by the keeper. Holy shit.

goodfella

FIFA's animation/simulation of player contract is actually one of the most impressive and convincing things in games. Rivals the euphoria stuff in rockstar games.

As for the demo, it does look better than 16, and the game is still solid. I'm FIFA'd out at this point though.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Sped what up, movement, passes, everything?

Edit: passing definitely feels faster. Movement as well I think, but that one could be placebo.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Might go all manual this year for offline play, so Career Mode.

Start on Semi Pro and work my way up

Strax

I read that Iceland will not be in the game. Surely this is the first time one of the best 8 europe teams isn't in the game.

dsk1210

The last thing they needed to do was speed it up, even the slow game speed is to fast, the animation and heft behind it looks much better at a slower pace and allows a more tactical game (if they would improve AI).

Badoink

Banned
Do we know if we'd still be able to do a standard My Career as a player or is it just the Journey now? Also, did they improved your teammates AI for the Journey or do you still have to call of every pass?

Lashley

Do we know if we'd still be able to do a standard My Career as a player or is it just the Journey now? Also, did they improved your teammates AI for the Journey or do you still have to call of every pass?

Player career is still in

dsk1210

I would love to see a realism speed in the next Fifa or PES, of course it wold be slow but feel so much more realistic.

The problem the Fifa games have is the animation is sped up to make the game more fluid and meet within the timeline of 8/10 mins, to replicate what happens in 90 to 10. That's the reason shots and passes feel weird is having the game sped up while trying to maintain a realistic outcome, if the passes and shots went as fast as the animations in general it would look odd.

Tainted

DF comparison between FIFA 16 and FIFA 17 showing the differences between the Ignite engine and Frostbite. I know alot of people were wondering this (including myself).

The differences are subtle and the major things added is lighting improvements, DoF and motion blur.

https://youtu.be/p1k37I5v4E4

blacklotus

Keep playing the game vs mates using share play.

Can't get enough of it to be honest. There are ton of little nuances, mostly related with new animations that make the game even more fluid.

My Pro Club team just released the anual squad presentation video, for FIFA17:

https://youtu.be/A4A0hrn1rz0

Umm guys I did not buy this game by the way. Sony accidentally had the Super Deluxe Edition for "Free" on their website so I did like most others did and clicked on it until it got patched. It's been like 4 days since and it finished downloading onto my PS4 today. I checked my account to see if they charged me and I don't see it at all. Am I going to get lucky?

Dominator

I kind of liked The Journey, definitely gonna check that out. Giving press interviews then gaining or losing fans based off your answers if kind of interesting. You can also upset your managers and probably teammates (never did so don't know if that pops up).

Lashley

Umm guys I did not buy this game by the way. Sony accidentally had the Super Deluxe Edition for "Free" on their website so I did like most others did and clicked on it until it got patched. It's been like 4 days since and it finished downloading onto my PS4 today. I checked my account to see if they charged me and I don't see it at all. Am I going to get lucky?

I imagine it'll be revoked on release date

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Will the mobile app actually be decent this year? Ideally good enough to handle everything except playing matches. With FIFA 16 my son spent ages hogging the TV justbdoing transfers and management nonsense that should be doable with an app

Tempted to grab a months ea access to get early access to the web app

Will the mobile app actually be decent this year? Ideally good enough to handle everything except playing matches. With FIFA 16 my son spent ages hogging the TV justbdoing transfers and management nonsense that should be doable with an app

Tempted to grab a months ea access to get early access to the web app

I'm not sure if it's related to having EA access. Seeing a lot of people complain about it on Twitter. Also, a community manager or something from EA states that there is a problem with the whole invites thing.

4SoLKkQ.png

I hope it just becomes available for everybody soon.

Top Bottom