• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 17 teaser trailer (Frostbite for PC/PS4/XB1, September 27)

Matush

Mar 15, 2014
Slovakia
So it actually is on Frostbite? Color me surprised. This is actually a huge change for milions of players who play everyday, getting used to new engine after years on the same old one will be tremendous.

PodcastFips

Jun 26, 2013
Munich
So it actually is on Frostbite? Color me surprised. This is actually a huge change for milions of players who play everyday, getting used to new engine after years on the same old one will be tremendous.
A new graphics engine won't result in all new gameplay.

May 2, 2010
Will a new graphics engine change the gameplay? I actually have no idea.

I fucking hope so. If this shit has more high pressure abuse, more top corner finesses from 45' angles, 40 yard long shots, instant-fake-shot control, ball roll glitch, animation frames glitch abuse... god so many engine exploits in the current game.

Hope it's all fixed with the move to Frostbite.

VE3TRO

Formerly Gizmowned
May 15, 2012
UK & Spain
Aww yis. Adjusted the brightness a little.

Can't fucking wait.

Edit: Oh shit is that Mourinho at the sideline of the Man Utd match against BVB?

Hasney

Dec 6, 2012
A new graphics engine won't result in all new gameplay.
It's not just a graphics engine, it's a total engine change. It will affect every little thing like physics. They can't just take the gameplay engine of 16, hook it up with Frostbite and hit re-compile. If the gameplay is similar again, they had to make it similar from scratch.

The Ignite engine was a lie anyway, it was a slightly tweaked version of the engine they were using before this gen. This is the most radical shift in the technology of a FIFA game since 09 I believe.

Will a new graphics engine change the gameplay? I actually have no idea.
Yes, because Frostbite will be doing more than just graohics.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Oct 16, 2004
One of the really cool things about FIFA being in Frostbite finally, the engine now supports instant replays.

Kill cams anyone?

Pachimari

Apr 28, 2007
It's coming out for PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PC on September 27 in NA, and September 29 worldwide.

Bumhead

Banned
Nov 14, 2010
Frostbite engine change is certainly intriguing.

I know you can't always read into the quality of visuals from announcements and trailers, but those screens do look good. And crucially they do look different. Hopeful that the move to Frostbite proves to be significant.

cartographer

Feb 21, 2015
At the very least this means a new Coutinho model that isn't based on scans from four years ago.

Right? Right?

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Oct 16, 2004
Hasn't Fifa had instant replays for like...decades now?
Yeah, I'm talking about the implications of Frostbite now running FIFA and all the engine requirements they must have developed to support Frostbite running a sports title and not a level based shooter/racing title. The engine was level based before this and didn't to my knowledge support instant replays among other things like the former sports engine did.