• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA 17 teaser trailer (Frostbite for PC/PS4/XB1, September 27)

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
Damn. I have been waiting for a real graphics leap in sports titles.

Not a huge Futbol fan, but a lot of my mates are so I have been wanting to get into it. Good time to start seems like.

Any word on Madden using frostbite? Because that would get me excited.

ngower

04-george-w-bush-2-copy1.jpg

Redboxing this before I buy. Sick of the elastic AI.

crash-14

Well. I haven't been in sports games since Fifa 2013. The next gen jump pretty much kill it for me since they didn't fix ANY of the issues the game had despite using that new Ingnite engine or whatever it's call.

Since they're using Frosbite, they have my attention. If it's still the same shit, I'll stop caring forever about Football games.

Hasney

Well. I haven't been in sports games since Fifa 2013. The next gen jump pretty much kill it for me since they didn't fix ANY of the issues the game had despite using that new Ingnite engine or whatever it's call.

Since they're using Frosbite, they have my attention. If it's still the same shit, I'll stop caring forever about Football games.

The Ignite engine wasn't even new, it was all marketing bullshit. At least we know Frostbite is an actual engine.

Fair fucks if they've actually upgraded the graphics engine this time. I'll kind of miss those few zombie player faces (pretty sure Pirlo at least was still keeping it real )still left over from FIFA 07 or whatever the first one on 360 was though. Still needs a big gameplay upheaval though.

dragn

WAT? GRAPHIC UPDATE? YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIS

pls be 60 fps/1080 on the normal ps4

dragn

hope we get tons of new facescans, i want dembele and all of my bvb updated and not play with scans from 2012.
aubameyang needs the batman hair even if he leaves us :<

shandy706

My captures seem to have a different look to them color wise next to the OP..lol, ...same youtube vid.

MINE

fifa1702j7jin.png

fifa1701a1kmj.png

OP's has a greenish brown tint, maybe it's just the timing of the shot.
RFmfLH.jpeg

Anyway, looking forward to the new FIFA, I need to pick up '16 for my daughter now that it's down in price.

NHale

First time with a complete new engine could end up being problematic considering previously engine transitions. Much needed change considering how PES was again making huge strides gameplay wise vs. FIFA.

With Mourinho on board I hope they completely revamped the stale career mode. Or they just added a press conference CGI where we get to tell Wenger he's a failure.

The look of a man after seeing how many goals and assists he did in 2015/2016.

crash-14

The Ignite engine wasn't even new, it was all marketing bullshit. At least we know Frostbite is an actual engine.

I used to have inside look with EA from my country, been able to play some builds before launch and have talks with the dev team.

You're basically saying they lied to my face?

Hasney

I used to have inside look with EA from my country, been able to play some builds before launch and have talks with the dev team.

You're basically saying they lied to my face?

It was an upgrade to the old sports engine, it wasn't all new like this would be. A lot of the hooks that were in there were just the exact same thing as previous games, they just changed graphical things more than anything. It's like the WWE games and that "hole new engine"... Nom you just upgraded some parts to make it look prettier but the actual engine that governs how the game plays and feels remains unchanged by their feature addition of the year.

Frostbite handles more than just how a game looks as it's the whole package. This is the first significant change in years as it's doubtful a lot of the existing work could be ported over easily. My bet is that they've been working on this for at least a couple of years while they had 15 and 16 tread water in terms of anything significant.

crash-14

It was an upgrade to the old sports engine, it wasn't all new like this would be. A lot of the hooks that were in there were just the exact same thing as previous games, they just changed graphical things more than anything. It's like the WWE games and that "hole new engine"... Nom you just upgraded some parts to make it look prettier but the actual engine that governs how the game plays and feels remains unchanged by their feature addition of the year.

Frostbite handles more than just how a game looks as it's the whole package. This is the first significant change in years as it's doubtful a lot of the existing work could be ported over easily. My bet is that they've been working on this for at least a couple of years while they had 15 and 16 tread water in terms of anything significant.

You wouldn't be the first

I was kidding. Since the moment I touched Fifa 14 next gen I knew what was going on. That why I stopped playing the game (I was a sponsored competitive player).

Top Bottom