• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FIFA Pro Kurt Permanently Banned From All EA Games and Services Following Latest Attack.

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

EA FIFA pro player Kurt‘ Kurt0411’ Fenech has been banned from playing all EA games or accessing EA services, the company announced. The unprecedented move comes after a months-long public feud between Fenech and EA which the company says“cross a line of decency into very personal attacks and breach our Terms of Service.”

Fenech tweeted out about his ban by publishing the email EA sent him notifying the permanent closure of his account. In a follow-up Tweet, Fenech wrote "End of the day I have never said anything I shouldn't have. This is just deeper than anyone thinks. They didn't want me competing at events cos [sic] they were scared I'd win them, now I'm the 2nd biggest streamer of their game and they're scared I'll overtake their golden boy."

Fenech has been an outspoken critic of EA for the past two years, escalating in a series of social media attacks on the company and antagonizing EA employees. During one livestream Fenech was caught on camera calling an opponent a "son of a b**ch" who "can't beat me, even on this piece of trash game. F*** you, EA." He also spat on an EA logo stitched onto a scarf. EA responded to these repeated attacks by permanently banning Fenech from all FIFA esports competitions in 2019 and beyond.

Following Fenech’s ban, several EA FIFA staff Twitter accounts were hacked as part of a “targeted attack,” according to EA. The hacks were also part of a larger social media attack on EA staff members over criticism of FIFA 20. Fenech seemingly supported these hacks on his social media account.

Fenech has continued to attack EA on his various social media channels and video platforms like YouTube and Twitch. One popular attack on EA by Fenech is to call the company “rats” which was well-known enough for another FIFA streamer to utilize in a diss track against EA.

Iorv3th

He played the game a lot but also shat on it constantly? If he is the biggest fifa streamer on twitch and wanted to "show them" why doesn't he stop playing it and instead play something like PES?

Stere

I still don't undestand why he's attacking EA
Yeah, it's a trash company but he is losing money for no good reason.

NickFire

Second biggest FIFA streamer and he keeps trashing EA? Seriously, WTF is wrong with this guy? Talk about biting the hand that feeds you.

imsosleepy

he seems like a really toxic guy especially with how hes responding to EA after the ban
got my sympathie for him really

StormCell

Don't understand the comments about the hand that feeds him. They're not giving him any compensation for what he does, and they certainly don't own any of his content just because he streams himself playing their game. He can stream himself playing not FIFA. EA's loss.

I'm pretty heavily negative regarding EA, so I assume they've fully paid for the toxicity being dumped on them here. The question isn't what's up with this dude, but what did EA do this time??

Last edited:

NickFire

Don't understand the comments about the hand that feeds him. They're not giving him any compensation for what he does, and they certainly don't own any of his content just because he streams himself playing their game. He can stream himself playing not FIFA. EA's loss.

I'm pretty heavily negative regarding EA, so I assume they've fully paid for the toxicity being dumped on them here. The question isn't what's up with this dude, but what did EA do this time??
FIFA is one of the biggest games in the world, is it not?

Think about it this way. You own a high end steak restaurant. But no one will give you steak to sell. So you start trying to sell fried chicken for $59.99 plus sides are extra. Good luck.

Last edited:

Aryan Blazkowicz

Neo Member
"End of the day I have never said anything I shouldn't have. This is just deeper than anyone thinks. They didn't want me competing at events cos [sic] they were scared I'd win them, now I'm the 2nd biggest streamer of their game and they're scared I'll overtake their golden boy."

Not much of a conspiracy there, buddy. EA may be an ass, but they were the ass that fed you.

StormCell

FIFA is one of the biggest games in the world, is it not?

Probably in no small part to an exclusivity agreement they paid for. I'm not gonna sing any praises to EA over their market-leading garbage. Madden wasn't the best NFL game on the market leading up to EA's abrupt ending of their NFL competitors either. And they deserve all the negativity over Madden's lackluster qualities, but, hey, in the absence of competition what else should we expect?

NickFire

Probably in no small part to an exclusivity agreement they paid for. I'm not gonna sing any praises to EA over their market-leading garbage. Madden wasn't the best NFL game on the market leading up to EA's abrupt ending of their NFL competitors either. And they deserve all the negativity over Madden's lackluster qualities, but, hey, in the absence of competition what else should we expect?
I'm not disagreeing with any of that. But it changes nothing. If you make a living from playing FIFA, pissing off EA is one of the dumbest thing you can do. I'm kind of shocked that is hard for anyone to understand honestly.

Totally agree with you, i hate EA & how they operate.

StormCell

I'm not disagreeing with any of that. But it changes nothing. If you make a living from playing FIFA, pissing off EA is one of the dumbest thing you can do. I'm kind of shocked that is hard for anyone to understand honestly.

No, don't get me wrong. I'm not claiming this guy is smart. I would not choose his approach, and it's not hard for me to understand that. I do hope he can jump to some other video games and keep right on going provided this isn't his gimmick and he's not just a troll who streams, right?

I just like anything that brings EA to light in a negative light, like this stuff. In my mind, they're no better than the Borg from Star Trek. Just think of all those long lost game franchises that would be freed if EA fell. lol...

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Some streamers feel on top of the world too soon. He is done for.
It is not like he can’t transfer his skills to ProEvo either.

Top Bottom